Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? (14088 Views)

14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church / RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) / My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by emmy99(m): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
No I don't, same reason as that of the Op, except it's a church with very few members where they all know themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by temitemi1(m): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
yes I did bt never stay back after service.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by donfemo(m): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
Back then when i was in High School my friends and I will stand just so the church will give us lunch and refreshments grin grin grin grin

But now its a No No. lol. recently i traveled and visited a church with a small congregation after refusing to stand up the minister in charge asked me why i didn't stand up, i simply told him i am not a visitor in presence of GOD.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by CodedTobx(m): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yeah, I stay behind for entertainment after church service. like menu menu things
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by prinsam30: 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
if they will give me biscuits and minerals I will stand
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
I do most times but I don't normally fill in my mobile number to avoid their calls.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Rich4god(m): 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
FemiFaniKayode:
if you can refuse a little thing as standing up to be recognized when in a new body of Christ,
then it is also justified if Christ denies you blessings for visiting his house

What is dis one saying....
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by wittyt98(m): 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
rIaYoll:
I have never been a first timer
lwkm eh eh!! mamaagbalagba!! grin grin grin
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by IVORY2009(m): 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
Before I use to be shy, but someday, I summed courage and stood up, and I was asked to take all my belongs and move forward to the front seat, where ushers would attend to me, and some light refreshment, lol, come and see mouth watering refreshment, I took home, the next sunday, wen the Pastor asked again, " you know u are coming to this church for the very first time, can you please signify by standing up, I remembered last sunday, I almost stood up again grin grin na so Usher look me, na him I respect myself grin

7 Likes

Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
I don't just fancy the multiple stares and the individualized attention you get from the welfare officials. Ehn en! And Them go won de find you come house everytime.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by wittyt98(m): 2:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
ireneony:
mr ashawo grin
Wetin u de do for religious section grin
haha grin grin grin dem day find aunty blessing and sister Kate
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by XaintJoel20: 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
I do because I hate lying and do not want to lie in God's presence....

Stand up next time you are a first timer in a church and don't lie in God presence through your action or inaction...

#Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by vizkiz: 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
ireneony:
mr ashawo grin
Wetin u de do for religious section grin

God bless you sister
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by PapiDShipCapt(m): 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
No i dont stand up.

But there is this church I attended a long time ago, I couldn't dodge because who invited me was next to me, after service was serve urself for first timers. oboy una wan try d next Sunday n the next after that. me n my guys turn the church to our kitchen.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by mizhanny(f): 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
I haven't even change my church, ever since I was born
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Brightowan(m): 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
pls don't feel shy or ashame to present yourself for Christ. you never can't tell if that day is when Christ wanted to meet you.
first timer is an opportunity to show case who you are, what you have and get what you need from Christ.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Genea(f): 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
vizkiz:
Lol, I have never ever stood up whenever I visit a new church and first timers are called out.

Reason: I don't want excess calls and visitation from follow up teams. If I like your church service, I will come back next week, if I don't we will meet at Jesus's feet grin
in fact I always look forward to it, meeeehn its fun
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by nkemdi89(f): 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
Liberty parish redeem, years back I refused to stand cos I am always simple when I attend church, no makeup or flamboyant dressing, to avoid unnecessary attention. Couple with the fact my church is mostly attended by Imsu students.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by stanel(m): 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
I only tried it once mennnn the calls and sms no be here ooo. Since that time I no dey try am stand up again.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by freecocoa(f): 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Only in churches where they offered refreshments /gift to first timers(back then in my early days in school when I still attended church).

I never failed to give them wrong information on those forms, didn't want anybody disturbing me.grin
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
vizkiz:
Lol, I have never ever stood up whenever I visit a new church and first timers are called out.

Reason: I don't want excess calls and visitation from follow up teams. If I like your church service, I will come back next week, if I don't we will meet at Jesus's feet grin
Exactly. Or useless questions about my parents and grandparents.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by ihimiray(m): 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
I just ignore and yimu for them, churches of nowadays can frustrate ur life. If they get to know u r a first timer
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Orikinla(m): 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yes.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
YES! i remember the first day i attended COZA at Asokoro area of Abuja, not only standing up going infront of the congregation it was something else.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
Chai! That's always the most exciting moment of my time in church. I'v visited at least 8 churches this year just because of that first timers package
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by esejessy(f): 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
juniorportland:
hardly
..always feel shy
same here
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by ebuskalabe(m): 2:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ha I no fit oooo b4 every bodi 4 church go de look u
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by cornel994(m): 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
I can't ever b a first timer in my father's house na grin
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
Haute:
And they'll probably make you stay back after service.

Who first timer epp? undecided
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
But ur face does not look like a shy type
Yuneehk:
Me too cry
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
I guess u attend catholic
mizhanny:
I haven't even change my church, ever since I was born
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by faites(f): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
I don't stand up o, I don't want anybody to start disturbing my life with calls. I have my church. I only visit other churches for weddings, child dedication and stuff like dat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! / What Happens After Death? / David Oyedepo Celebrates His 62nd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.