Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

My Nigerian Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Nigerian Experience (958 Views)

Error In My Nigerian Passport! Help!! / Wrong Signature On My Nigerian International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nigerian Experience by dutchie101: 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
I came to Nigeria with the hope of having a taste of this longed missed gala with that little unique "u never get anywhere" taste that goes with the beef, I was boasting that I will buy a carton to bring to me back, eating 2 per day for one month. I immediately from airport just in the next hold up, i ordered 6 first for the road...I was dissapointed at the taste, it was like some new kind of bread or so....it was so flat, am like is this a fake gala? cry
Re: My Nigerian Experience by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
there is Gala in Ghana.
Re: My Nigerian Experience by olajide21: 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
Such an experience can be awful. What's must certain is that the meaty, fresh gala we knew in the 80's are no more. I think the company has reduced their quality while adjusting to the economic realities of our dear nation.
A lot of other brands are in the same category..
Re: My Nigerian Experience by olajide21: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
Such an experience can be awful. What's must certain is that the meaty, fresh gala we knew in the 80's are no more. I think the company has reduced their quality while adjusting to the economic realities of our dear nation.
A lot of other brands are in the same category. .
Re: My Nigerian Experience by player007(m): 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
dutchie101:
I came to Nigeria with the hope of having a taste of this longed missed gala with that little unique "u never get anywhere" taste that goes with the beef, I was boasting that I will buy a carton to bring to me back, eating 2 per day for one month. I immediately from airport just in the next hold up, i ordered 6 first for the road...I was dissapointed at the taste, it was like some new kind of bread or so....it was so flat, am like is this a fake gala? cry
So na only gala be the thing we u miss? You could have bought from a store/shop. Most of the mkts sold in holdup are mostly adulterated. I still no believe say you no miss foods like Egusi, ogbono, ewa alagbado etc.
Re: My Nigerian Experience by bebe2(f): 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
dutchie101:

The thing tastes like cardboard paper , I brought some for my frds few years ago, and the couldn't believe it's changed so much. No quality control by UAC lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience by bebe2(f): 8:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
player007:

So na only gala be the thing we u miss? You could have bought from a store/shop. Most of the mkts sold in holdup are mostly adulterated. I still no believe say you no miss foods like Egusi, ogbono, ewa alagbado etc.

I can tell u say gala na one of the very few things we no dey UK. I even tried supplying it but the Pakistan shop owner said be cos it has animal product in it , they won't approve it.
Re: My Nigerian Experience by dutchie101: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
player007:

See I missed those foods too, but i still get to have them sometimes except ewa alagbado ooo.....but Gala is so long long time.

Anyway i Hope they can try to improve....bring back our Gala smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Experience by Lexusgs430: 12:22am On Apr 25, 2016
dutchie101:

Your tongue or tastebuds has simply got used to eating whopper and BigMac's.
Gala wey you love to chop wella those good old days, don turn local champion!!!!
Re: My Nigerian Experience by dutchie101: 6:09am On Apr 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Your tongue or tastebuds has simply got used to eating whopper and BigMac's.
Gala wey you love to chop wella those good old days, don turn local champion!!!!

Ok not sure on that..i got tired of those ones, still dreamed of my gala

(1) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Should Rock Your Natural Hair / I Need An Urgent Reply On My Trip To Ghana By Air / SeaBubbles Unveils Its All-electric 'Flying Water Taxi' Prototype On Lake Geneva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.