Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,839 members, 7,956,163 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Why Are YOU An Atheist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are YOU An Atheist? (2952 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / For Those Who Claim Bishop Adolf Hitler Was An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by hpk(m): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
Curiousity made ME!!!
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by CoolUsername: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
What made me irreligious was an unbiased read through of the bible while comparing it to today's reality (eg: God purportedly interferes wildly from about 4,000BC-100AD but suddenly stops that in favour of 'mysterious ways' in the present day). Needless to say, it fell short. Just like all other spiritual religions.

What made me an agnostic atheist was the unlikelihood of a complex and conscious being to exist before space, time, and energy. Conscious design will require the ability to receive stimulus, how can you do so when you aren't affected by the laws that govern the universe? It's like trying to hold a hologram. It almost certainly can't be possible. Furthermore omnipotence, omniscience, and omnibenevolence can't be traits of this 'god' when we relate it to the random catastrophes that exist on earth. Why should I worship a fallible entity that can't even properly communicate it's existence in the off-chance that a 'deity' exists?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
People become atheists because they are olodos.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by urahara(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
I am an atheist because there is no evidence that a god exists
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by urahara(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

Ok
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by urahara(m): 6:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

What a brilliant post

1 Like

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by hpk(m): 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
BustScam:

Curiosity made you into an Atheist!

That's interesting

So what other things did you discover apart from atheism?
I discovered myself too. Life has been beautiful out here.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by surestakes: 7:47am On Apr 30, 2016
BustScam:

What a lame reason not to believe in God

Lol. Do you believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the almighty, alpha and omega?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by onyekabe(m): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2016
Because how refuse to show himself to me, he couldn't answer my simple question
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by MizyB(f): 11:27am On Apr 30, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Love me or else I roast you.Has a man ever approached you using that line before? That is what the christian God uses.It is indeed beyond me.
That conception of "love me or roast me" is wrong.

"believe it and be saved" is more like it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by MizyB(f): 11:29am On Apr 30, 2016
ifenes:
There is no reason to believe in a god
There is, Eternity. Do you believe in eternity?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by ifenes(m): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2016
MizyB:

Define Eternity
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by MizyB(f): 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
ifenes:

Define Eternity
Time without end
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
MizyB:

That conception of "love me or roast me" is wrong.

"believe it and be saved" is more like it.
What if a person decides not to believe? What happens then?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by MizyB(f): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What if a person decides not to believe? What happens then?
Simple, He doesn't get saved.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
MizyB:
Simple, He doesn't get saved.
What does ''doesn't get saved'' entail?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by HardMirror(m): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2016
MizyB:

Of course I believe in eternity. Time is the beginning and end of existence. As far as matter exists and it changes its position or form even to sub electron levels, then time would continue infinitely.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by ifenes(m): 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
MizyB:

Time without end

Okay, that is what the human soul is, Eternal. The soul is pure Energy that cannot be destroyed or created. What is your point?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by MizyB(f): 10:02am On May 03, 2016
ifenes:

Okay, that is what the human soul is, Eternal. The soul is pure Energy that cannot be destroyed or created. What is your point?
If by that you mean soul is immortal, then I do not agree.

God is the only one who is immortal.

And that's just my point, you need to believe in the immortal so he'll give you immortality at the end of this age.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by MizyB(f): 10:15am On May 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What does ''doesn't get saved'' entail?

There will be an end to the current reign of the Government of this world which will be preceded by the coming of Jesus Christ to crown those who believe on him as their savior, with immortality. He who doesn't believe on him, doesn't get the gift of immortality. Hence, he won't saved from the judgment that will succeed his coming.

1 Like

Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 12:57pm On May 03, 2016
MizyB:

There will be an end to the current reign of the Government of this world which will be preceded by the coming of Jesus Christ to crown those who believe on him as their savior, with immortality. He who doesn't believe on him, doesn't get the gift of immortality. Hence, he won't saved from the judgment that will succeed his coming.
Government? You a JW?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by ifenes(m): 10:06pm On May 03, 2016
MizyB:

If by that you mean soul is immortal, then I do not agree.

God is the only one who is immortal.

And that's just my point, you need to believe in the immortal so he'll give you immortality at the end of this age.

Look down the history of the bible god. He is no god,just a leader of a race of beings from other star system. If you want to be honest,Yahweh does not possess the attributes given to it. Like Omnipotent,Omniscience etc. Yahweh is a flesh and blood creature who manipulated the ancient cave men. How come Yahweh is no where to be found today

Back to the main discussion,the soul has no beginning or an end. The Soul is not only in humans,but animals,plants and everything we can think of. It is basically impossible to create or destroy it. That is what people mix up with Yahweh the bible god. If you understand that your body is powered by your soul,you will realize that the person you pray and worship is actually yourself and not Yahweh. Your problems therefore can only be solved by yourself.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by MizyB(f): 10:09am On May 04, 2016
ifenes:

Look down the history of the bible god. He is no god,just a leader of a race of beings from other star system. If you want to be honest,Yahweh does not possess the attributes given to it. Like Omnipotent,Omniscience etc. Yahweh is a flesh and blood creature who manipulated the ancient cave men. How come Yahweh is no where to be found today

Back to the main discussion,the soul has no beginning or an end. The Soul is not only in humans,but animals,plants and everything we can think of. It is basically impossible to create or destroy it. That is what people mix up with Yahweh the bible god. If you understand that your body is powered by your soul,you will realize that the person you pray and worship is actually yourself and not Yahweh. Your problems therefore can only be solved by yourself.
Ife, is it my "Soul" that created the heavens and the earth?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by MizyB(f): 10:12am On May 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Government? You a JW?
No sir. I belong to none of those denominations.

Lets continue
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by ifenes(m): 11:06am On May 04, 2016
MizyB:

Ife, is it my "Soul" that created the heavens and the earth?

Your Soul is in a dream state at the moment. Heaven and Earth are illusions.They are not real.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by MizyB(f): 11:16am On May 04, 2016
ifenes:

Your Soul is in a dream state at the moment. Heaven and Earth are illusions.They are not real.
So where does my "soul"exist in?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by ifenes(m): 12:28pm On May 04, 2016
MizyB:

So where does my "soul"exist in?

The Soul exist in unlimited places. It is everywhere at the same time. It thus experiences an illusion of Time to experience one after the other. Otherwise everything is happening in the Now. The less evolve the brain,the slower the Time.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 1:00pm On May 04, 2016
MizyB:

No sir. I belong to none of those denominations.

Lets continue
Okay.By all means.So what exactly happens to those that 'do not get saved'.
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by MizyB(f): 4:23pm On May 04, 2016
ifenes:

The Soul exist in unlimited places. It is everywhere at the same time. It thus experiences an illusion of Time to experience one after the other. Otherwise everything is happening in the Now. The less evolve the brain,the slower the Time.
Ok Ife. If we go by this, "The Soul is not only in humans,but animals,plants and everything we can think of", do plants experience this [b]illusion of time[/b]as well?
Re: Why Are YOU An Atheist? by ValentineMary(m): 5:30pm On May 04, 2016
I don't know about others but as for me, a sincere serch for truth and honesty with myself led me to atheism. Most atheist never thought they would be atheist until they started asking qus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses: Today's Watchtower Study / Graphic Photos From Reigners Church Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Today / The Truth Vs The Religious Deception.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.