Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me (4102 Views)

My Manager Sleeps With Our Female Colleague / Love Affair In The Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by juogar(f): 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2006
Pls every one in the house, i need an advice on this .

this Old man as really be a pain in the neck he as been given tough time at work. he wants to go out with me, and heS in is 60's pls should i live this job or i should really fight for my right.

pls i need an advice on this to take a step forward or backward.

Thanks
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by ima1(f): 7:41am On Nov 16, 2006
if you are in USA fight for your right, you should sue for sexual harrassment in the workplace and you could get paid for it too hun. i dunno about naija.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by harvey(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2006
Naija bosses are sometimes full of shit most especially when u are a single lady and attractive.here is the plan jougar.try to know his wife draw close to the wife and am telling u he will flee from u.and if he still persist lure him to spit out all those nasty words like (i love u i want u to be my misstress and all that)there should be a camera somewhere or a tape recorder.make sure u are able to gain the trust and affection from his wife.then u8 tell him the name of the game.tell him how u wanna play that u;re holding his balls and u are ready to squeeze it if he treatens to lay u off.but if he remains adamant.turn in the tape to his wife and look for someother job.cos i know u must have put in so much into that job and u cant just let go like that.also i always tell ppl,seek the face of the one that gives wisdom that is God through our lord Jesus.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by juogar(f): 6:58pm On Nov 16, 2006
imal thanks for your advice,
in Nigeria if you don't have a strong stand you can't clam any right, because you will end up been blame at last.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by ima1(f): 1:16am On Nov 17, 2006
harvey:

Naija bosses are sometimes full of shit most especially when u are a single lady and attractive.here is the plan jougar.try to know his wife draw close to the wife and am telling u he will flee from u.and if he still persist lure him to spit out all those nasty words like (i love u i want u to be my misstress and all that)there should be a camera somewhere or a tape recorder.make sure u are able to gain the trust and affection from his wife.then u8 tell him the name of the game.tell him how u want to play that u;re holding his balls and u are ready to squeeze it if he treatens to lay u off.but if he remains adamant.turn in the tape to his wife and look for someother job.because i know u must have put in so much into that job and u can't just let go like that.also i always tell people,seek the face of the one that gives wisdom that is God through our lord Jesus.

then i agree with harvey, make a tape, either give it to his wife or blackmail him with it. or threaten to cut his balls off he is not gonna bother you, lol he might even promote u
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by choco4life(m): 3:17am On Nov 17, 2006
Give in or turn in resignation letter
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by boladonas(m): 6:41am On Nov 17, 2006
harvey:

Naija bosses are sometimes full of shit most especially when u are a single lady and attractive.here is the plan jougar.try to know his wife draw close to the wife and am telling u he will flee from u.and if he still persist lure him to spit out all those nasty words like (i love u i want u to be my misstress and all that)there should be a camera somewhere or a tape recorder.make sure u are able to gain the trust and affection from his wife.then u8 tell him the name of the game.tell him how u want to play that u;re holding his balls and u are ready to squeeze it if he treatens to lay u off.but if he remains adamant.turn in the tape to his wife and look for someother job.because i know u must have put in so much into that job and u can't just let go like that.also i always tell people,seek the face of the one that gives wisdom that is God through our lord Jesus.

Such men are not worth the trauma and the unhappiness u will go thru staying on that job.
Dust your CV and get another job. , I know how difficult it is here to get a job but a couple of people in this forum including myself may be able to help u get another job.
Let the old man know you are quitting because of his advances
The Lord will guide u right.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by harvey(m): 11:33am On Nov 17, 2006
boladonas thats really nice of u if u can help her get another job and let her leave that old fool whom the rot of God will soon descend on.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by chistiana(f): 11:48am On Nov 17, 2006
@ Juliet

I think u better resign the work cause that man his Old enough to be ur Grandfather if not ur father babay.

any way how u doin long time, am gonna give u a call later cause i misplace ur No:
stay kool baby and dont let that stupid so called Old man to raise is dirty hands on u girl.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by juogar(f): 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2006
thanks you all for your supporting and the advice,also thanks the leader of Nairaland
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by mekoyo(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2006
Dont bulge.

That man is old enough to be your father o. No go out with your papa age o.

Seriously pls pray about it and let God take control but pls if the situation is getting worse quit the job. I know its difficult to get job in Nigeria but you dont have sell your pride for one old man all in the name of keeping your job.

Pls dont bulge.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by ishaahamed(f): 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2006
all i could say is that u have to fight for your right and don't let that old fool makes u live your job so i wish all the best fight for your right ok cool cool cool cool
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by Busta(f): 3:48am On Nov 26, 2006
good for u, at least u might get a promotion
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by chistiana(f): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2006
Busta:

good for u, at least u might get a promotion

U such a funny fellow,
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by Radiant(f): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2006
Only Heaven knows how the old man looks grin grin grin

Miss secretary or whatever, you either give in or walk out! Really, what advice do you want to hear, anyway?
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by derinsola(f): 9:30am On Apr 16, 2007
Baby girl i know what you are going through but my advice to you will be to quit the job. Don't bother going to the wife cos it may lead to something else. (YOU KNOW HOW NIGERIAN HOUSEWIFES ARE THEY WILL EITHER TRY TO KILL YOU OR MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL ON EARTH) so just quit

Pls hope and pray that GOD will help you secure another job.

AND THE OLD MAN IS SICK.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by OhGrey(m): 9:37am On Apr 16, 2007
One word: RUN
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by Ndipe(m): 9:57am On Apr 16, 2007
Never cave into his overtures, instead, have a word with him that you dont appreciate his advances. If he persists, the alternative would be to resign. You never know, the grass is sometimes greener on the other side. Please pray about it. Prayers does wonders.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by moondust(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2007
put on your rollerskates and roll!!!
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by edatika(m): 11:22am On Apr 16, 2007
what advise were you expecting?
that you should give in?
or that you should resign?
or that you shd tell the man that such things are not good
that you are old enough to be his grand-daughter / daughter?

i wonder what you really want to hear.
i personally will not advice you thread the blackmail road.
it rarely pays especially in this part of the world (if you are not familiar with the game)

assassins are around, use of juju is real,

if the case is that frustrating
and you dont wanna 'do', then, dont walk away, RUN ,
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by adis(m): 11:54am On Apr 16, 2007
juogar,

you only need to face the Almighty God.

Be very careful.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by cletusia: 1:32pm On Apr 16, 2007
My Dear,
This is the time to dwell in the secret place of the most high.Thank God people like you are still much with us, people who look beyond the pleasures of sin and rapid promotion to a life of decency.Stand up for Jesus girl.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by deejay1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2007
if you know you can fight 4 your right, fight for it and if you think quitting will be the best option, quit and try 2 get another job and let God deal with the so called old fool ( old man) his ganna meet his own destroyer and he will surely get destroyed pls dont let he destroy your life
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by Alexwest(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2007
you have not indicated how old u are, neither have you indicated your insterest or not . well assuming u ar far younger than he his, ad not interested in de relationship then take this!
introduce what ever class man of .ur choice to him as ur fiance, ad make sure he doesn't discover this as a fib ad u will still have ur working relationship with him.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by sammyjl(f): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2007
angry I hate such perverts.

My advice to you: Under no circumstances should you quit before you have secured another job. Tell him straight that you are not interested and be firm about it, no matter how bossy he'll get to you once he gets the picture, be firm with your decision.

I have been in the same situation as you are, at University my lecturers wanted to have something with them, in my second and third year that is. I simply just ignored them until they gave up, but I was afraid of them failing me, but it didnt get to that.

Currently I am working at the ruling party of my country's headquarters, and well not surprisingly, my second boss, the deputy director asked me out and said he wants to have something with me, I told him straight away that I aint interested and that I have someone already, he now bosses me around and well I dont give a damn, because he also has no power to fire me if he wanted to. But in your case I dont know. Just be strong and stay firm on your words.

Have faith, pray and be strong that all works out.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by 2dye4(m): 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2007
My dear, Lose the Loser!
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by fromuk(m): 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2007
if u are not a born again start dressing like and always have your bible very close, i swear only ben johnson can catch him
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by spoilt(f): 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2007
you think born again women are not sexually harrased? wake up. they are attractive too.
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by ronnieslimz(f): 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2007
@poster; talk to God and be strong!!

fromuk:

if u are not a born again start dressing like and always have your bible very close, i swear only ben johnson can catch him
that won't help!!
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by IBBFan(m): 9:57am On Apr 19, 2007
honestly, i don't like it when people seek other people's advice for solutions to their problems and don't return to give feedback. it makes the good people look stupid in the end. her location now says Bosnia and Herzegovina. did she leave naija for the Yugoslavian fraction?
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by ronnieslimz(f): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2007
IBB Fan:

her location now says Bosnia and Herzegovina. did she leave naija for the Yugoslavian fraction?
i noticed dat too
Re: My Manager Wants To Have An Affair With Me by dremoney(m): 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2007
at last,
cn an highly intelligent person in d houz (no dis-respect intended plzz).

this girl has successfully waisted houzmates time including mine because i really took time following d post's.

its was when IBB FAN saw what i observed ab-initio i dcided to post mine.
IS BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA a state or village in NIGERIA.?
d question is due to d fact that its only in west africa or say d continent as a whole that such nonsense can happen.

my point,
if she's actually @ her location,then she nid not any advice because those places r kindda organised to encourage respect for HUMAN DIGNITY n incase of any breach,to seek redress aint so hard as it is in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Talk....Project Management Professionals and Aspirants(PMP)! / Can African Professionals Change Africa? / MGH Group Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.