Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light (4892 Views)

The Right Way To Charge Your Phone / How Many Hours Does Your Phone Lasts On Heavy Usage And What Is Your Battery Mah / Hot: How To Cheat Mtn With Mtn Beta Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
i detected dis wen i was chattin ystdy and
my batwy ran flat .. i quickly thought of a
way to charge it ...scientifically without stress
procedures
1..get a biro (#20) , fur (hair) u can use d
one on ur head..
2.... rub d tip of d biro on hair (make sure
dere is no cream in it)
3...den put it on d positive mouth of d
battery.
try dis 4 lyk 10 tyms .
and 50% of your battery will be back ...enjoy
pls no insultive words/comment ..if you have any
problem with this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by peterjero(m): 11:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
Are you for real, if yes make a pictorial representation of what you just elaborated on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
so u think static electricity would charge a battery that needs nothing less than a 5v and at least 0.8A source to charge??.....and using an insulator as a capacitor or charge 'holder'??

How intelligent...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by bangalee1(m): 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
awon merlin tide oooo aja 5 gberaaaaa iro nla

17 Likes

Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 25, 2016
niceeric:
so u think static electricity would charge a battery that needs nothing less than a 5v and at least 0.8A source to charge??.....and using an insulator as a capacitor or charge 'holder'??

How intelligent...
Triboelectric series
Human Hands (if very dry)
Leather
Rabbit Fur
Glass
Human Hair
Nylon
Wool
Fur
Lead
Silk
Aluminum
Paper
Cotton
Steel (neutral)
Wood
Amber
Hard Rubber
Nickel, Copper
Brass, Silver
Gold, Platinum
Polyester
Styrene (Styrofoam)
Saran Wrap
Polyurethane
Polyethylene (scotch tape)
Polypropylene Vinyl (PVC)
Silicon
Teflon
its called Creating Charges with Friction -
Triboelectricity
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:20am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
Triboelectric series
Human Hands (if very dry)
Leather
Rabbit Fur
Glass
Human Hair
Nylon
Wool
Fur
Lead
Silk
Aluminum
Paper
Cotton
Steel (neutral)
Wood
Amber
Hard Rubber
Nickel, Copper
Brass, Silver
Gold, Platinum
Polyester
Styrene (Styrofoam)
Saran Wrap
Polyurethane
Polyethylene (scotch tape)
Polypropylene Vinyl (PVC)
Silicon
Teflon
its called Creating Charges with Friction
Triboelectricity

triboelectric charging is same phenomenon as static electricity, while you might get enough voltage to charge your battery( uncontrollable voltage though with your biro cover and hair 'experiment'), how do u get enough current to flow?

secondly, no battery would charge with just the positive terminal connected to the charging circuit....ill also want to know how you'll determine the polarity of your charge since different materials produce different static charge polarities.

there are static generators that do more than rubbing of biro cover to fur though as they are made to produce controlled continuous power using carefully selected materials rubbing against one another BUT your unipolar biro to hair or fur experiment won't charge any battery ma'am

8 Likes

Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:29am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser, I like the idea u put forth though....it got me thinking of the possibility of using static electricity for good uses though I don't see it making much economic sense as Friction as we know causes heat and wears...its possible though and with good materials for rubbing, voltage regulator, polarity check adequate current stepped up etc...its gonna work though with great monetary input and cooling system lol
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 25, 2016
niceeric:
jeloser, I like the idea u put forth though....it got me thinking of the possibility of using static electricity for good uses though I don't see it making much economic sense as Friction as we know causes heat and wears...its possible though and with good materials for rubbing, voltage regulator, polarity check adequate current stepped up etc...its gonna work though with great monetary input and cooling system lol

1 Like

Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 25, 2016
wink
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 25, 2016
tongue was out of gas thou..dunno wat to type
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:33am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
wink
u know it can be your final year project topic ooo, that is if you're still in school sha
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 25, 2016
niceeric:

u know it can be your final year project topic ooo, that is if you're still in school sha
still in school...futminna
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:35am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
tongue was out of gas thou..dunno wat to type
you tried lol...u made an Engineer going rusty due to Nigeria's unemployment ish think....that's good

1 Like

Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:36am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
still in school...futminna
really?..thats cool, visited that school during my service year...what course are u studying
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 25, 2016
niceeric:

really?..thats cool, visited that school during my service year...what course are u studying
physics..thou nat dah good in it...still trying thou
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:40am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
physics..thou nat dah good in it...still trying thou
hmm...interesting, of course we go to school to get better
you got yourself a final year project topic 'use of static electricity to power a small light emitting diode' that should be an easy one
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 25, 2016
niceeric:

you tried lol...u made an Engineer going rusty due to Nigeria's unemployment ish think....that's good
lols ... i know gat u there
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 25, 2016
niceeric:

hmm...interesting, of course we go to school to get better
you got yourself a final year project topic 'use of static electricity to power a small light emitting diode' that should be an easy one
hmmm yea easy for boss like yo ... for me i will try
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:43am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
lols ... i know gat u there
you sure did lol...I had to do a lot of thinking to make my second post!
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:45am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
boss no kuku dey anywhere, if I be boss, with my degree I suppose don connect my house to my own personal power station forget national grid lol
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 25, 2016
niceeric:

boss no kuku dey anywhere, if I be boss, with my degree I suppose don connect my house to my own personal power station forget national grid lol

lols yo funny
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:46am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
I'm very sure if you carryout that project, you'll get a sure 5
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:49am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
lols yo funny
but it's the truth...our education in this country is purely theoretical...our professors know close to nothing outside the classrooms...no b professor suppose dey gear us up dey champion research so that we can invent new things?
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 12:52am On Apr 25, 2016
I'm 'pleased' to announce to you that we have derailed the thread and from the influx of people in the thread lately, I can say that most people are coming in hoping the posts in the thread are testimonies of the wonderful work of your experiment lol..
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by headboiy: 1:10am On Apr 25, 2016
undecided

Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by mekonglobal(m): 5:17am On Apr 25, 2016
Anyone with a testimony yet? I mean those that live in an epilectic area grin in my hood i have got steady 16hrs supply...so need of me trying that..but....maybe in the near future for curiousity sake..
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 5:58am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
i detected dis wen i was chattin ystdy and my batwy ran flat .. i quickly thought of a way to charge it ...scientifically without stress .. procedures 1..get a biro (#20) , fur (hair) u can use d one on ur head.. 2.... rub d tip of d biro on hair (make sure dere is no cream in it) 3...den put it on d positive mouth of d battery. try dis 4 lyk 10 tyms . and 50% of your battery will be back ...enjoy pls no insultive words/comment ..if you have any problem with this
so that your battery no go work wella again.....
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:01am On Apr 25, 2016
niceeric:

triboelectric charging is same phenomenon as static electricity, while you might get enough voltage to charge your battery( uncontrollable voltage though with your biro cover and hair 'experiment'), how do u get enough current to flow?

secondly, no battery would charge with just the positive terminal connected to the charging circuit....ill also want to know how you'll determine the polarity of your charge since different materials produce different static charge polarities.

there are static generators that do more than rubbing of biro cover to fur though as they are made to produce controlled continuous power using carefully selected materials rubbing against one another BUT your unipolar biro to hair or fur experiment won't charge any battery ma'am
all these english just for us to know u r an electrical engineer? Inventors don't speak big grammaer like this, just creat an invention and talk to us not blowing grammer!
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by abumeinben(m): 6:08am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
procedures
one on ur head..
dere is no cream in it)
battery.
try dis 4 lyk 10 tyms .
problem with this

babe. bia

seems to me you just did physics as a borrowed course in school.
the static charge on ya eh isnt enuf to charge ya battery.

lets do some physics.

Wcharging = 1/2CV2

the V there should be 5V with a relatively high capacitance, to charge ur 3AH (3000mAH) battery.

the voltage equivalent of ya eh is infinitesimal to push current into the ba3. Instead the ba3 will charge the biro the more(cos it's at a higher potential), thereby producing more ink grin grin grin

to produce more charge, you could climb your rooftop on a rainy day and point a long copper spoon with spiky tip to the direction of lightning. I swear this with keep your fone charged for the next few months. (at readers risk grin grin)

kindly see me in my office after school hours if you dont understand the simplicity of the approach above.

Good morning class.

3 Likes

Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by esosuo: 7:42am On Apr 25, 2016
jeloser:
procedures
one on ur head..
dere is no cream in it)
battery.
try dis 4 lyk 10 tyms .
problem with this
BUT BABE U CAN LIE OH,BIRO FOR DAT MATA ,IF U HAD CALLED ONE BIG UNKNOW NAME I FOR TRY DOUBT MY SMALL KNOWLEDGE BUT SEEING DAT BIRO PICKING PAPER EXP ON BATTERY IS NOT A COOL LIE OH
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by Venice789: 7:42am On Apr 25, 2016
these post don teh nah
Re: Hot- How To Charge Your Battery When There Is No Light by niceeric(m): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
all these english just for us to know u r an electrical engineer? Inventors don't speak big grammaer like this, just creat an invention and talk to us not blowing grammer!
lol...but seriously, those are electrical/electronic terms and they are the suitable words to explain the 'case' I tried to prove...I take it that electrical/electronic engineering isn't your field that's y u made that post, I'd feel thesame way after being bombarded with medical terms though but NOT try to insult a medical doctor for not being able to perform an open heart surgery in his ill equipped hospital. cheers!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The "Killer GSM Phone Number" Rumor (July 2004, Nigeria) / Nokia 8110 4G (banana Phone) Specification And Price / How I Pay Glo Evil Back With More Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.