Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce (38261 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Photo Of Ben Murray-Bruce With Muhammad Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by princeakins(m): 12:59am On Apr 25, 2016
When you give a politician or an orator the stage and hand him a microphone, chances are that he would seize that opportunity with both hands and that was what happened at the Silverbird Man Of The Year Awards Ceremony held on Sunday evening.

It was on that platform that the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) told founding President of Silverbird Group and Bayelsa Senator, Ben Murray-Bruce that he has no reason to complain again about government but should use his position to take action.

Tinubu who made the remark while delivering his acceptance speech at the ceremony noted that Senator Murray-Bruce had touched a raw nerve when in an emotional speech earlier he had bemoaned the fact that Nigerians lack a sense of history and have been unable to preserve our archival materials.

Asiwaju Tinubu noted “Senator Murray-Bruce, I have a common sense solution to the issues you have raised especially regarding preserving our history.You had a reason to complain before but not any more. You are in the Senate now just sponsor a bill that will reinstate History in Nigerian Schools. The whole venue errupted in applause.

Tinubu went further to ask Senator Solomon Olamilekan (Yayi) if he would support such a bill, the APC Senator representing Lagos West responded in the affirmative and Tinubu then turned to Senator Murray-Bruce and said “Ben, the ball is now in your court”.

On the issue of piracy also raised by Murray-Bruce , the Jagaban Borgu and former Lagos State Governor stated that the owners of intellectual property must go digital because that way, they can keep their works secure and also will be able to store large volumes.

He then added jocularly “instead of buying N37m SUV (I hope you did not receive one, Murray-Bruce said no) the money should have been used in putting structures and setting up equipment for those who keep all these works”.

Tinubu noted that any government that wants to make a great impact must plan and develop a vision that will be longer that its own tenure.

He revealed that he and his co-conspirators have been in Abuja planning because it is only through properly planning that Nigeria can lift itself from its present state.

He urged Nigerians to be patient with the Buhari Government noting that the challenges of today would definitely be forgotten and Nigerians would soon have cause to smile.

Earlier, former Lagos State Governor Alhaji Lateef Jakande had insisted that Nigeria had no reason to experience fuel crises because we have all it takes to compete with other nations of the world.

Alhaji Jakande who was a Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient urged Nigerians to close ranks as only a united Nigeria can thrive.

Other Award Recipients included Chief S.L. Akintola, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and Chief Melford Okilo who all got Post Humous awards, while Dr. Oba Otudeko, King Sunny Ade, Chief O. Lulu-Briggs, Sir Victor Uwaifo, Samson Siasia, Chimanda Adichie, Iya Oge of Lagos, Chief Opral Benson, Emmanuel Amuneke, Anthony Joshua, Ben TV Founder, Alistair Soyode and Mr. Akintola Williams all got Lifetime Achievement Awards.

Ace Broadcaster, Soni Irabor was the Master of Ceremonies at the colourful event that was attended by the cream of Nigerian society.

http://thebossnewspapers.com/2016/04/24/tinubu-gives-ben-murray-bruce-commonsense-advice-at-silverbird-awards-ceremony/

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by MrHackmed1(m): 1:15am On Apr 25, 2016
Al-Jagaban cool cool cool

Yeah...the view here is really cool. wink wink

On a serious note, I love this line

He then added jocularly “instead of buying N37m SUV (I hope you did not receive one, Murray-Bruce said no) the money should have been used in putting structures and setting up equipment for those who keep all these works”.

No politicians that doesn't migrate funds wink, but at least do something meaningful that would provide jobs for the masses angry...afterall, we are all seeing the investments of Atiku n Tinubu here in Nigeria lipsrsealed

124 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 1:22am On Apr 25, 2016
Congrats on bin man of the year.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by henrygale(m): 1:25am On Apr 25, 2016
Ok.
Gud point

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by bobdee05: 2:55am On Apr 25, 2016
GONGRATULATIONS SIR!!!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by chriskosherbal(m): 3:20am On Apr 25, 2016
Yes that was a good one from tinubu.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by sdindan: 3:20am On Apr 25, 2016
This politicians are just more than a United family.

Silver Bird would hav given Man Of The Year to Jonathan instead of Tinubu.

Based on party affiliation and the weight of the award.

But poor masses will come here to fight for them. angry

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 25, 2016
Politics and sentiments aside, Tinubu is an intelligent Man.

157 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:01am On Apr 25, 2016
lol Tinubu self

5 Likes

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by mallamseifaldin(m): 4:11am On Apr 25, 2016
TINUBU came to received COMMON SENSE at the SILVERBIRD GALLERY.

I DID NOT READ THE EPISTLE.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by phelps007: 4:26am On Apr 25, 2016
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Congratulations on this one

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by blackpanda: 4:36am On Apr 25, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

Lol

U no de shame grin

24 Likes

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by TopeQs: 4:38am On Apr 25, 2016
sdindan:
This politicians are just more than a United family.

Silver Bird would hav given Man Of The Year to Jonathan instead of Tinubu.

Based on party affiliation and the weight of the award.

But poor masses will come here to fight for them. angry

very true....

people just like carrying people matter for head....
whereas all this people chill with themselves behind closed doors....

just like football..

when I saw Ronaldo's son playing with Messi, I resorted never to argue on their matter again......even Ronaldo interpreted for Messi during the last Balon d'or which Messi won.........the rivalry is just within the fans.....

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by NSNA: 4:45am On Apr 25, 2016
Nigeria and Nigerians are deserving of their leaders.
you reap what you sow

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by mekonglobal(m): 5:25am On Apr 25, 2016
Politicians? goons forever arch-rivalry only exist among their supporters.....when u die for them..u die for nothing...i did rather die for Jesus...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:30am On Apr 25, 2016
TopeQs:

very true....

people just like carrying people matter for head....
whereas all this people chill with themselves behind closed doors....

just like football..

when I saw Ronaldo's son playing with Messi, I resorted never to argue on their matter again......even Ronaldo interpreted for Messi during the last Balon d'or which Messi won.........the rivalry is just within the fans.....
Ronaldo interpreted for Neymar not Messi.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by jazinogold(m): 5:49am On Apr 25, 2016
Una wey dy fight cos of ABC abi APC and PDP shey una dy c? its a game men!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by 989900B: 5:50am On Apr 25, 2016
Tinubu is an astute man.

9 Likes

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 5:57am On Apr 25, 2016
Emi T-I-N-U-B-U... emi jagaban, broda who be u?

2 Likes

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by OlujobaSamuel: 6:11am On Apr 25, 2016
nice one. Don't just tweet, speak up in the chamber. you can't attack every issue and hide under not my constituents when you are asked questions.

13 Likes

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by Larynx(m): 6:14am On Apr 25, 2016
B
Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by DIVINE78: 6:17am On Apr 25, 2016
Another feather in the cap of Tinubu.

4 Likes

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by 912(m): 6:19am On Apr 25, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

This is why it's good to always read before commenting. So that your comment will not be the opposite of facts.

Advice: you don't have to comment all the time. And if you must comment, please familiarize yourself with the story by reading at least part of it.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by sojiboy(m): 6:29am On Apr 25, 2016
I dey come
Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 25, 2016
Sen. Ben Bruce has been forming on twitter and dulling in the chambers...common sense indeed!

Nice tackle from the Jagaban of Africa, Congratulations sir.

19 Likes

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by johnwizey: 6:51am On Apr 25, 2016
All hail the JAGABAN himself

2 Likes

Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by opalu: 6:56am On Apr 25, 2016
Noted
Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by dotmanxp(m): 7:14am On Apr 25, 2016
Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by mysteriousman(m): 7:25am On Apr 25, 2016
And the common sense philosophy continues
Re: Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce by Babacele: 7:36am On Apr 25, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

No he came to give common sense to Silverbird so that he can use it at the Senate gallery! mtcheww. read , una no go read but want to talk about wat u don't know..

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Prostrated For Atiku When He Donated Money To Buhari, APC In 2015 - Afegbua / How Atiku Struck Last-Minute Deal With Tambuwal To Win Ticket / Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.