Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge (16337 Views)

Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing / 5 Reasons Your Smartphone Battery Will Always Be Low / Here Are Top Reason Why Your Smartphone Battery Now Drain Twice As Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by G3NTL3SOUL(m): 8:53am On Apr 25, 2016
The ultimate need to keep our smartphones running at all times has manifest in a number of ways. Smartphone users hunt for different measures to keep their batteries healthier and durable. A number of these "battery saving practices" are just mare misconceptions and misinformations (All na wash) which most people consider. Here are five of the most prevalent smartphone battery myths :

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1MTdaoENzYI/VxzGZPvYWxI/AAAAAAAABXM/Nw9PY28oDFUV119H3EaWJkqVwsRNyRKMQCLcB/s1600/battery-myths.jpg[/img]

1- Don't use your phone while charging : Most people believe that using your phone while charging might cause your phone to implode or end up electrocuting you. Well this is not remotely true, except if you're using it in a bathtub or if your charger is Aba made grin. Charging your phone and using it at the same time has no effect on battery quality. However, it can slow the rate at which your phone get fully juiced because the longer you screen is on the more power it'll consume.

2- Let your battery run down completely before charging : This was applicable to old age batteries which are the Nickel Cadmium or Nickel-metal hydride batteries. These batteries used to be foolish. They tend to forget their full capacity hence can no longer charge 100% again. Most Modern smartphones however, use lithium-ion batteries which works entirely different from the old batteries. In fact, complete battery drainage before charging is believed to reduce battery durability. Most batteries have finite number of charging cycles and as it continuously increases battery efficiency is reducing. As your battery drains to 0% more charging cycles results. It is better advisable to keep your battery charged at all times in contrast to complete depletion.

3- Leaving your phone on charger overnight damages the battery : This is probably the most common. As it is believed overcharging reduces the battery's ability to hold charge. This is true for ancient lithium-ion batteries that could overheat or even explode if charged for too long. Modern phones however, are called smartphones for a reason. They're intelligent enough to detect or recognize when the battery is fully charged thereby limiting the power reaching the battery. In fact, most smartphones undergo trickle charge that improves battery health. Leaving your device to charge overnight is not as detrimental as they say. This however,doesn't guarantee you leave your device connected to the power source in excess of 12 hours. Some other factors might arise such as the battery overheating and this coupled with a poor battery casing might cause your battery to explode. It is more recommended to maintain battery juice between 40% - 80%.

4- Use only original charger to charge your phone : Although the use of official original charger is highly recommended, brand-off or third party chargers work just fine. However there's an exception to super-cheap crappy chargers which can lead to battery damage. A Licensed third party charger is just fine as long as it charges you device. Although it might take a longer time to fill up your battery.

5- Task Managers or App killers conserve phone battery : Most often, you'll find a lot of people opting-in for task managers to help preserve smartphone battery. But in the actual sense these apps only results in more battery depletion.App killers tend to arbitrarily destroy applications running in background thereby taking it out of the phone's RAM. Most of these apps are required for the phone to function normally. So as soon as they're closed, they'll have to load to the phone's memory all over again. This frequent loading and unloading puts extra stress on the device leading to more power consumption than if you just left it alone.

Sourced From : http://www.mobtechy.com/2016/04/5-common-myths-about-smartphone.html

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by nnadychuks(m): 8:55am On Apr 25, 2016
M
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by xclusive43(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2016
I used to believe task manger helps..
Good thing I know now that it doesn't

CC Lalastica
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Davedoz(m): 9:32am On Apr 25, 2016
Noted.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Mopolchi: 6:51am On Apr 26, 2016
I don read am. Op try for this one

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by cepha4: 6:51am On Apr 26, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Booked
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by DONADAMS(m): 6:53am On Apr 26, 2016
noted,,,tnks
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by SenatePresdo(m): 6:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Lithium-ion battery or Oxygen-ion battery, Where you even see light for Naija wey go make you fear not to charge your phone till day break!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 6:53am On Apr 26, 2016
I've always believed in number 3. Though that didn't stop me from charging overnight. And coz of the kind of fone I'm using (Z10) I don't have a choice with number 4. I just have to use an original charger. It takes me 5hrs to fill it up with 3rd party chargers and just above an hour with original charger.

Another myth is that making your battery fit tightly in your fone by adding a piece of paper will make it last longer. grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Sistem007(m): 6:56am On Apr 26, 2016
Lolz...its only foolish to install an app that consumes battery life in a bid to save battery life. Who even invented that app?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Segadem(m): 6:56am On Apr 26, 2016
[size=14pt]This smartphone battery ish has come to front page like three time in this month. Pls I need to be enlightened in other aspect like costom ROM, I just dhey hear the tin, I no know wetin e dhey do grin[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by tabletman1: 6:56am On Apr 26, 2016
You forgot one which is When you buy a new battery, charge it upto three hours before using it

3 Likes

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by cathodekazim: 6:58am On Apr 26, 2016
abeg whr is namadi al hassan kalu

cnt blv this guy is rotten in jail
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by darealsola(m): 6:58am On Apr 26, 2016
passing by
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by ChappyChase: 6:59am On Apr 26, 2016
Nice info..
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Segadem(m): 6:59am On Apr 26, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by elpj: 7:00am On Apr 26, 2016
Found helpful!!
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by ichommy(m): 7:01am On Apr 26, 2016
Nice nuggets OP
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Beingunique(f): 7:01am On Apr 26, 2016
Good to know.. ... thanks
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by SenatePresdo(m): 7:02am On Apr 26, 2016
cathodekazim:
abeg whr is namadi al hassan kalu
cnt blv this guy is rotten in jail
Better face your life
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Boeing777pilot: 7:02am On Apr 26, 2016
Nigerian bloggers, plagiarizing articles since 1960.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by wmoruf(m): 7:03am On Apr 26, 2016
noted!!! Op ,,u well
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by nbright: 7:04am On Apr 26, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Feranmicharles(m): 7:12am On Apr 26, 2016
on point
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by adefemi007(m): 7:12am On Apr 26, 2016
noted
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by BE811APP: 7:13am On Apr 26, 2016
yawns...

good mrng all
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by dammmy(m): 7:15am On Apr 26, 2016
OP, Yio da fun o
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Hillzy(m): 7:16am On Apr 26, 2016
So u mean say all d tin way polin tell me na myths n I just dey believe her
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by morganist99(m): 7:19am On Apr 26, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]This smartphone battery ish has come to front page like three time in this month. Pls I need to be enlightened in other aspect like costom ROM, I just dhey hear the tin, I no know wetin e dhey do grin[/size]
custom ROM enables you to update or upgrade your phones operating system when there is non available ota upgrade provided by your carrier... You have to download and update
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 26, 2016
grin
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by idolda: 7:20am On Apr 26, 2016
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Free 50 To 100GB Even Unlimited GB With Zero Naira On Mtn See Screenshot / "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says / Best Online Businesses To Run With My 9.5 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.