Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Port Harcourt International Airport Bags The Worst Airport In The World - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt International Airport Bags The Worst Airport In The World (857 Views)

Osun MKO Abiola Airport In Ruins Despite Multi-Billion Naira Funding / African Woman Carries Her Luggage On The Head At The Airport In USA (Photo) / Rehabilitation Work Commences At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport In Abuja. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt International Airport Bags The Worst Airport In The World by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:29am On Apr 25, 2016
There’s almost no seating in this facility, and a tent serves as an arrivals hall. You also won’t find any air conditioning. Recent renovations do mean that some areas will have actual walls and windows, but the unhelpful staff is what earns Port Harcourt the No. 1 worst airport in the world this year.

“This has to be the most corrupt airport in the world. ‘Bring money’ as they say in PH. It’s a standing joke,” one respondent attested.

In the days following SleepingInAirport’s results, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria and the country’s House of Representatives both took action. The FAAN contested the rating, saying much of the airport was still under construction. But the country has poured 400 billion naira (about $2 billion USD) into improving airport infrastructure across the nation, including at Port Harcourt.

The abysmal ranking prompted an investigation to see if the money has been used properly to update facilities. Time will tell if it’s enough to remove Port Harcourt from the list in 2016.

Source: http://www.cheatsheet.com/life/10-worst-airports-in-the-world.html/10/
Re: Port Harcourt International Airport Bags The Worst Airport In The World by obinnashady(m): 11:33am On Apr 25, 2016
[b][/b]ok nq
Re: Port Harcourt International Airport Bags The Worst Airport In The World by ojnnaco(m): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2016
Where is the minister of Transportation and former Governor of Rivers. The saints and agents of change.
Blame it on GEJ .
Re: Port Harcourt International Airport Bags The Worst Airport In The World by DesChyko: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2016
In the world? This rating is a joke. I'll love to know how many airports the author has been to? There are well over 40,000 airports in the world. The author is still in her 30s and her life as a reporter began in 2010. How many airports did she visit yearly since her birth? 1000 airports per year? Rubbish.
Re: Port Harcourt International Airport Bags The Worst Airport In The World by Mizzzbeee(f): 1:29pm On May 15, 2016
DesChyko:
In the world? This rating is a joke. I'll love to know how many airports the author has been to? There are well over 40,000 airports in the world. The author is still in her 30s and her life as a reporter began in 2010. How many airports did she visit yearly since her birth? 1000 airports per year? Rubbish.
ever heard of statistics
Re: Port Harcourt International Airport Bags The Worst Airport In The World by DesChyko: 1:56pm On May 15, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
ever heard of statistics

I'm a graduate of Maths and Statistics, so sampling is not new to me. However, it must be significant. Suppose you want to find out the population of igbos living in Lagos and you sample four local governments like Ojo, Festac, Ajeromi-Ifelodun and Oshodi/Isolo, you are bound to get a wrong estimate because your selection is not balanced. There must be an adequate number of randomly selected samples for you to have an acceptable result. So, requesting for her sample space is only proper to verify that this is a logical, not an impulsive deduction.
Re: Port Harcourt International Airport Bags The Worst Airport In The World by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 19, 2016
My first time in Ph was through that airport(Abuja-ph). I couldn't believe my eyes. Airport using canopies? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

6 Good Things You Will Notice While At Makurdi Town / Japan To Accept Up To 500, 000 Low-skilled Foreign Workers With New Type Of Visa / Travelling Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.