Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times (8871 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times by carboyfriend: 5:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
hucienda:
Good one, carboyfriend. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks.
Re: Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times by carboyfriend: 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
Rajalat:
Please my camry 2.2 V6 how long can it be used before changing gear oil cos its over 2years now and have not change it and what is the recommended gear oil to buy when changing it..and I have a leak under the car but it looks its the break oil what can cause that..

Hi.

What year is your vehicle?

You should also know that you have to change the transmission filter when you change the oil.

About the leak, get your mechanic to confirm what it is and where it is comming from.

If its the brake fluid, it is best you quickly rectify it.
Re: Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times by Rajalat: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
carboyfriend:

Hi.

What year is your vehicle?

You should also know that you have to change the transmission filter when you change the oil.

About the leak, get your mechanic to confirm what it is and where it is comming from.

If its the brake fluid, it is best you quickly rectify it.

Is 2000 model XLE is transmission filter same as oil filter if is not the same where can that be located in the engine
Re: Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times by moscobabs(m): 3:02am On Apr 28, 2016
carboyfriend:

Hi.
Is your check engine light on?
If it is, you will need to run a scan. Your oxygen sensors may be faulty.
yes is on sir. like how much will it cost me sir.
Re: Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times by taiworoberts(m): 6:15pm On May 04, 2016
moscobabs:

yes is on sir. like how much will it cost me sir.

Hi.
Sorry for not replying you on time.

It is between 3k - 5k.

Where is your location, I could do it for you.
Re: Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times by moscobabs(m): 8:27pm On May 04, 2016
taiworoberts:

Hi. Sorry for not replying you on time.
It is between 3k - 5k.
Where is your location, I could do it for you.
I'm living in ijoko Ogun state
Re: Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times by taiworoberts(m): 8:46pm On May 04, 2016
Rajalat:

Is 2000 model XLE is transmission filter same as oil filter if is not the same where can that be located in the engine

Hi.

Sorry for replying you late.

The transmission filter is different from the oil filter.
It is found inside the gearbox.

You can change the oil, don't bother to change the filter.

Use Dextron 3 ATF.
Re: Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times by carboyfriend: 9:53pm On May 09, 2016
moscobabs:

I'm living in ijoko Ogun state

I am in Lagos State.

Ask you mechanic where you can get the car scanned. The cost shoulld not be more than 5k.

Later

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opel Omega 2.0 Review / Which Is Better; Lexus RX 350 Or Toyota Highlander / Pimping My 2007 Camry SE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.