Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,793 members, 7,844,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing (35905 Views)

Flood Alert! The Coker-aguda Canal Needs Urgent Attention / NAF Tests Weaponized Alpha Jet Aircraft (pics) / Flood Alert: NEMA Advises These Communities To Evacuate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Garshyzee(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
Again??Dis flood of a thing caused havoc in Alfa couple of years back...now e wan don start again.....tnk Buddha I HV relocated
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by oshaosha2014(m): 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
Them dey show class. And you know common sense is not common.
bukkielee:
Lagosians and their tiny brains. Why should you live around a beach? Stupidity
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by TS2(m): 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
bukkielee:
Lagosians and their tiny brains. Why should you live around a beach? Stupidity

You're the stupidd one with the poverty mentality. What about the people abroad that spend billions on huge beach side hotels and beach houses?

The problem is not building next to the water. It is environmental. Global warming, and th initial eefcts of the eko Atlantic project
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Reference(m): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
If I say I am not concerned about the long term viability of Lekki Peninsula, Victoria Island and others, I will be lying. What I wil do is to develop the holdings I have there and sell them within 20 years. Can't see willing such to my descendants. No one will take the ocean as his inheritance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Atlantian: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
Weather is being altered. The oceans are overflowing and aquatic and aerial creatures are dying all over the world. Started March 2016, it actually caused several earthquake. I guess the Earth's frequency is being altered.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by seankay(m): 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
DaBullIT:
They drove the trailers over the water and dropped the stones inside which caused the beach to overflow ?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, comedian

It could be an early warning for Tsunami though , I sincerely pray that's not the case

where can i buy floating trailers again ?? grin grin grin
that's not a sign of impending tsunami. Tsunami is caused by sudden release of energy from a great depth below the water surface
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by stevecantrell: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
Reference:
If I say I am not concerned about the long term viability of Lekki Peninsula, Victoria Island and others, I will be lying. What I wil do is to develop the holdings I have there and sell them within 20 years. Can't see willing such to my descendants. No one will take the ocean as his inheritance.

If I were you I'd sell within 15 yes.
Julius Berger have given the peninsula an estimated life span of 50 years and that was almost 20 yrs ago.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by shehuolayinka(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
As far as we continue contributimg to the depletion of the ozone layer, we will keep experiencing flood.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by bastien: 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
PlayerOne:

Lol from the pix I uploaded even those green grass land has being purchase by people . I don't know if it safe to live close to that big tank.. Some of those thanks are just there .. No work yet .. The place is not that busy like apapa
yeah true, most of the tanks there are just empty...... But when filled, u go see trailer full marwa road
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
This is why i find land reclamation unrealistic especially in this country where the modalities are usually not set right either through corruption, or use of inferior material or processes etc.

Water as i know will definitely find its way, also coupled with the fact that about 71% of the earth surface consist of water dont know how we tend to work things out succesfully when we have this challenge. God help us.

For me I cant accept such areas as a gift not to talk of acquiring such properties.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Don't worry seawater no go reach that your Somolu side grin

Haaaa... öpe o!! I wan fear! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Trexnemesis(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
Lilimax:
All these illegal sand filling going on in Lagos Island undecided
I hope they'll not wake up one day only to discover that many houses in the Island have been over flown by the sea. embarassed
You can't cheat nature and get away with it always!

No problem - we'll start fishing from our balconies na.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by PlayerOne: 6:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
bastien:
yeah true, most of the tanks there are just empty...... But when filled, u go see trailer full marwa road

Hahaha that road don suffer..
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by ASL33: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
stevecantrell:

If I were you I'd sell within 15 yes.
Julius Berger have given the peninsula an estimated life span of 50 years and that was almost 20 yrs ago.
Pls is there any ref doc as regards to this JB claim.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by stevecantrell: 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
ASL33:
Pls is there any ref doc as regards to this JB claim.
There will be a doc supporting this but, its not available to the generality. It is classified and you know the damage it would do if it were to be published.
An ex JB director told me this.
RKO Atlantic wasn't even part of this assessment at that time..so connect the dots
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2016
the people i pity for the most are those money miss road buying a plot of land reclaimed from the sea for 500million at banana island. very soon their properties would be referred to as underwater banana coral reef island undecided
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by bastien: 7:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
PlayerOne:

Hahaha that road don suffer..
I dey tells you
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
That EKo Atlantic has been going on for 10 years and the ocean is starting to take it faster and faster.
I hope they won't regret that they embarked on this project. I could remember some years back when water turned Ahmadu Bello way in VI from 4 lanes to two lanes due to the overflow of water from it bank.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by ASL33: 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
stevecantrell:

There will be a doc supporting this but, its not available to the generality. It is classified and you know the damage it would do if it were to be published.
An ex JB director told me this.
RKO Atlantic wasn't even part of this assessment at that time..so connect the dots
On, thanks for the info
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
Trailblazer1:
grin grin grin

THE SEA GOD'S ARE ANGRY grin grin grin grin

THEY WERE EXPECTING CHANGE TOO grin grin
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Bitterleafsoup: 3:42am On Apr 27, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

I hope they won't regret that they embarked on this project. I could remember some years back when water turned Ahmadu Bello way in VI from 4 lanes to two lanes due to the overflow of water from it bank.

My Dear soon not only the slums in Lagos will feature floating boat schools.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:37am On Apr 27, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

My Dear soon not only the slums in Lagos will feature floating boat schools.
Lol.... The highbrow areas would turn to Makoko. The architect who designed floating school in Makoko would help them out

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo: Buhari Sends Mimiko To Kyari / Pictures Of President Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan, Other African Leaders In Accra / PDP To Challenge Presidential Result In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.