Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira (4526 Views)

A Piece Of Job For A Programmer / Software Testing Job For Iphone/ipad Users(starts Next Week) / Any Programmer Wants To Earn A Quick 30,000 Naira To Write A Very Easy Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
[b]and being the loyal person that i am, i engaged the services of the first person who contacted me. he has been struggling with it for two days now and the kind of questions he is asking makes me scared that he may write a program that would have bugs. lets just say he comes off like he is just freestyling it and has no set formulas. its two days now and i havent paid him. then out of the blues today this guy writes me, shows me all the apps he has written and software and all kinds of great stuff on his website and he says he has the perfect algorithm and has made the timezone converter and calculator for this my program and its a very easy job and he would start if i give him the go ahead and finish it by this evening. he sounds like he knows what he is doing and his apps and stuff he has developed is impressive.

so here is the question ? this other dude has been battling it for two days. and then this new dude knows exactly what needs to be done and has figured it all out already. is it fair to abandon the first guy for the second guy after sweating on it for two days ? and the new guy said anyone who struggles with this type of easy stuff will just write some application full of bugs that i would discover down the line.

so what would you do ?[/b]
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by FrankLampard: 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
That is why I will must take 30% up front money before starting anything.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 3:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
FrankLampard:
That is why I will must take 30% up front money before starting anything.
yeah but do you have a website showing all the apps you have developed or any work you have done ? or you just want someone to give you 30 percent without showing what you are capable of ?

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
yeah but do you have a website showing all the apps you have developed or any work you have done ? or you just want someone to give you 30 percent without showing what you are capable of ?
Interesting question, well, recommendations and portfolios are important - but sadly not always enough.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 4:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
dhtml18:

Interesting question, well, recommendations and portfolios are important - but sadly not always enough.
oh really ? lol you mean someone can have a nice portfolio and good recommendations but still suck ?
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by FrankLampard: 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
oh really ? lol you mean someone can have a nice portfolio and good recommendations but still suck ?

Exactly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
Yes it happens, believe me, i have seen things in the hangs of my fellow naija developers.

Now, let us look at the OPs situation from another angle (a rather funny one this time but based on real life facts):

1. OP wishes to do a job and SeunOsewa advises him to pay a developer 30k for the job.
2. So OP contacts FrankLampard to do the job for 30k.
3. Now FrankLampard does not understand the scope of the job, but feel that opportunity comes but once, and so collects the 30k
4. FrankLampard decides to use 10k out of the 30k to play "2-sure" and lost the money, left with a balance of 20k.
5. FrankLampard now tries to do the work and sees that the work tough no be small.
6. FrankLampard now decides to outsource all or part of the work to dhtml18 for 15k
7. dhtml18 come vex pata-pata and says he cannot do the job for less than 30k
8. So dhtml18 now contacts the OP directly (to collect the job and 30k from FrankLampard) make him do the job.

At this stage, the OP now runs to Nairaland to create this thread seeking for advice.

Disclaimer: this post is merely fiction, and any semblance to anyone on Nairaland or elsewhere is merely coincidence.

8 Likes

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by FrankLampard: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
Sometime ago, someone wanted to make me develop a site for him with nothing upfront.

I didn't agree, and I kept my stand that he pay my 30% upfront. After sometime he agreed and paid 20%, then I started work. All through this period something was telling me this guy will abscond.

Well he did, after I made my first uploads, immediately the fool saw that I have uploaded the site, he decided to change cpanel username and password, but he didn't know I didn't upload the back end.

His plan was for me to create the site for him for free.

It didn't like it, but I have atleast my 20%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by FrankLampard: 5:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
dhtml18:

Yes it happens, believe me, i have seen things in the hangs of my fellow naija developers.

Now, let us look at the OPs situation from another angle (a rather funny one this time but based on real life facts):

1. OP wishes to do a job and SeunOsewa advises him to pay a developer 30k for the job.
3. Now FrankLampard does not understand the scope of the job, but feel that opportunity comes but once, and so collects the 30k
4. FrankLampard decides to use 10k out of the 30k to play "2-sure" and lost the money, left with a balance of 20k.
5. FrankLampard now tries to do the work and sees that the work tough no be small.
6. FrankLampard now decides to outsource all or part of the work to dhtml18 for 15k
8. So dhtml18 now contacts the OP directly (to collect the job and 30k from FrankLampard) make him do the job.

At this stage, the OP now runs to Nairaland to create this thread seeking for advice.

Disclaimer: this post is merely fiction, and any semblance to anyone on Nairaland or elsewhere is merely coincidence.

Lolz. I love this.

Truely there are so many outsourced developer, I normally get jobs from one like that.

He is well know in this programming section. I have even gotten a job from dhtml18

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
dhtml18:

OH SHYTTT shocked
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
FrankLampard:
Sometime ago, someone wanted to make me develop a site for him with nothing upfront.

I didn't agree, and I kept my stand that he pay my 30% upfront. After sometime he agreed and paid 20%, then I started work. All through this period something was telling me this guy will abscond.

Well he did, after I made my first uploads, immediately the fool saw that I have uploaded the site, he decided to change cpanel username and password, but he didn't know I didn't upload the back end.

His plan was for me to create the site for him for free.

It didn't like it, but I have atleast my 20%
Yeah well thats not me. i am a very compassionate person and even if i decide to use the other guy, i will still pay the first guy for his time and effort and I am sure both guys can come to nairaland to vouch for that, that i paid the first guy for his time but didnt collect anything from him. so i dont know how you negros treat each other in nigeria but out here in mars we show respect dignity and are fair to everyone and reward everyone for their effort

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Fulaman198(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
Yeah well thats not me. i am a very compassionate person and even if i decide to use the other guy, i will still pay the first guy for his time and effort and I am sure both guys can come to nairaland to vouch for that, that i paid the first guy for his time but didnt collect anything from him. so i dont know how you negros treat each other in nigeria but out here in mars we show respect dignity and are fair to everyone and reward everyone for their effort

Wow slow your horses "you negroes treat each other in Nigeria" really? So you use 1 meetup instance with a Nigerian to generalise a whole population of Nigerians. Sorry Mr. Bigot, I don't take that lightly.
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
Fulaman198:

Wow slow your horses "you negroes treat each other in Nigeria" really? So you use 1 meetup instance with a Nigerian to generalise a whole population of Nigerians. Sorry Mr. Bigot, I don't take that lightly.
calm down brah, i am a negro too from nigeria lolz
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
God will help us for this Nigerians. If and if only developers can be honest, if something pass your power, talk so. . . .

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by FincoApps(m): 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
hahahahahah see analysis

dhtml18:

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
FincoApps:
hahahahahah see analysis

Yeah, more like a flowchart. . . .
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 1:30am On Apr 26, 2016
dhtml18:
God will help us for this Nigerians. If and if only developers can be honest, if something pass your power, talk so. . . .
man i have to tell you something, the first guy who i said took 2 days finally delivered the product tonight and the job was extremely amazing. i guess the saying ' slow and steady wins the race ' is very true, while the new guy who said he would knock it out before tonight has stopped responding to my email tonight lol. so i guess i was wrong, the first guy was very good and took his time with it. i stand corrected. i was wrong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 26, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
man i have to tell you something, the first guy who i said took 2 days finally delivered the product tonight and the job was extremely amazing. i guess the saying ' slow and steady wins the race ' is very true, while the new guy who said he would knock it out before tonight has stopped responding to my email tonight lol. so i guess i was wrong, the first guy was very good and took his time with it. i stand corrected. i was wrong.
Excellent, I am glad that it was properly done. Stuffs happen to cause delays even for great developers like FrankLampard.
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
[b]franklampard dhtml18

so the job is done and i just paid the guy and he will come on later to confirm about the payment cuz franklampard was saying stuff about people scamming him when he writes apps for them. so this is the story, the first guy delivered the project and the second guy delivered it at the exact same time and i was very confused because i thought the first guy had abandoned the project after two days when i emailed him and he did not respond for a very long time so i engaged the services of the other guy who contacted me and told me he had it all figured out and could do it under a day. so anyway i tried to get them both to share the money cuz i was feeling guilty now that the two guys had done the thing but one of them did not agree. so i end up paying the first guy who had been doing it longer and told the other guy i will buy the one he made next week or two weeks at most so i can have backup. so i think it worked out well in the end. anyway i have 7 screenshots from the first guys work and 1 screen shot from the second guy. which one do you guys like the best ?
[/b]

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
more from first guy

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
now here is the second guy

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
*I am speechless + dumbfounded (which is a very unusual thing for me)*
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
dhtml18:
*I am speechless + dumbfounded (which is a very unusual thing for me)*
lol is that in a good or a bad way ?
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
I am shocked than you included 7 screenshots from one dude, and 1 screenshot for another - you now ask us to judge, that ain't fair at all.
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 11:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
dhtml18:
I am shocked than you included 7 screenshots from one dude, and 1 screenshot for another - you now ask us to judge, that ain't fair at all.
the one dude only sent me one screen shot lol while the other sent 7. plus if you look at the way the one who sent one screenshot built it, it looks like he only built one window and from that one window will all the action happen while the one with 7 windows built layers upon layers of windows linked together. like if you click something a window pops up, like if you click on any zodiac a window pops up but with the other guy you just check the zodiac in one window and the answer and question all comes from that one window
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 27, 2016
Laffing like monkey-banana, so one dude did a 7-in-1 screen! Well, i still cannot decide. . .
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 1:18am On Apr 27, 2016
dhtml18:
Laffing like monkey-banana, so one dude did a 7-in-1 screen! Well, i still cannot decide. . .
well i gotta tell ya, both dudes did splendid work and the first one that i got ( the one with several windows ) ? man its amazing. couldnt be more satisfied. nigerians are talented

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 27, 2016
I have finished my judgement, the second dude is not so good and i hereby disqualify his work. He needs more lessons on interface design.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by FincoApps(m): 10:48am On Apr 27, 2016
As bad as I am in Interface design, this second one tire me too o

dhtml18:
I have finished my judgement, the second dude is not so good and i hereby disqualify his work. He needs more lessons on interface design.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2016
FincoApps:
As bad as I am in Interface design, this second one tire me too o

His alignment, padding and UI skills are very very poor indeed. And i am not even an expert on UI, but this is far from presentable (from my own point of view).

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 11:11am On Apr 27, 2016
hmmmm very interesting analysis and input from you all. i am enjoying reading it.
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Jelo4kul(m): 11:30am On Apr 27, 2016
AlphaCentauri Thanks alot.

To all Nairaland programmers that believe that getting the equivalent payment for their programs is not possible in Nigeria. Am here to bring news. That myth isn't true. AlphaCentauri, paid immediately he tested my program(the first 7 pics above) and it was working perfectly. When I mean he paid immediately, just believe me. I can tell you that any project he gives you, as long as it's done correctly, you would get the money equivalent of your program, and even be paid for your effort if you didn't get it correctly.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALPHACENTAURI.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Application Recharge Cards Generator For You / I Just Wrote A Script For A Php Mailer: / Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.