Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Do All Men Change In Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do All Men Change In Marriage? (2028 Views)

61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / 12 Things All Men Need To Know Before Their First Wedding Night / Why Do Men Change Their Character After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Godmother(f): 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
I noticed that a lot of men change after the wedding is concluded and marriage begins. They become a little withdrawn, very authoritative, and sometimes slightly selfish. Only what they want will happen in the home.

There's very little time to show affection to their woman as they claim they now have other pressing needs like putting food on the table.

Its well. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
Not all

1 Like

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Dyt(f): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
Some are just that way
Some been that way but the lady might decide to ignore
And some are just some

Its both ways sha
The men will say I have you now, you can't do nothing
The women will say I am your wife already so

cheesy cheesy

Btw Mr Godmother changed?

1 Like

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by tranxo(m): 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Godmother:
I noticed that a lot of men change after the wedding is concluded and marriage begins. They become a little withdrawn, very authoritative, and sometimes slightly selfish. Only what they want will happen in the home.

There's very little time to show affection to their woman as they claim they now have other pressing needs like putting food on the table.

Its well. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong though.

Hmmmm. Personal experience?

1 Like

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Godmother(f): 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
Dyt:
Some are just that way
Some been that way but the lady might decide to ignore
And some are just some

Its both ways sha
The men will say I have you now, you can't do nothing
The women will say I am your wife already so

cheesy cheesy

Btw Mr Godmother changed?

Lolz, he hasn't changed o. A friend came over to visit today and was complaining bitterly of her hubby. have also had some other friends drop the same complaint.
Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Godmother(f): 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2016
tranxo:

Hmmmm. Personal experience?

Nope
Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Adesiji77: 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
cheesy
Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Godmother(f): 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
Adesiji77:
cheesy

Why the laugh naa smiley the question is important o cos its becoming a rampant issue.
Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by nnamdibig(m): 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
Not all but everybody changes after marriage both men & women and most times the change is always for the worse. That's why couples have challenges in early years of marriage cos they will start seeing things they were not seeing during courtship. It's not only men but both men & women.

4 Likes

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by crackhaus: 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
Godmother:

Lolz, he hasn't changed o. A friend came over to visit today and was complaining bitterly of her hubby. have also had some other friends drop the same complaint.
Na so...

It's your friend's hubby that changed, as well as some other friends of yours who complained the same way.
Your own husband that did not change in/after marriage is not enough to tell you that not all men change abi, you still had to ask the question.

Oya clap for yourself... gringrin

12 Likes

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by greatgod2012(f): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
Not all men o.
But the truth is that if any man or any woman changes after tying the knot, it simply implies that the individual involved has only been pretending to be loving before the marriage is conducted.

2 Likes

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by byvan03: 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
It's not true at all, most ladies fall for the fake care and a few gifts only to turn around in marriage and think the man changed. He is being his true self now. Some men became the best versions of themselves in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by raumdeuter: 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
People spend all the time being fake while dating they now think they changed in marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by oloyede252(m): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
crackhaus:

Na so...

It's your friend's hubby that changed, as well as some other friends of yours who complained the same way.
Your own husband that did not change in/after marriage is not enough to tell you that not all men change abi, you still had to ask the question.

its never abt them always their friends,sister etc.

3 Likes

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Nosu(m): 11:02am On Apr 26, 2016
yes, Men change after wedding as well as the women, that is the reality.

You can't tell me that you are still the same person you were when you were in secondary school/university, some things must have certainly changed.

The truth remains that people don't like change and they resist it because they don't want to face reality.

After wedding the man and the woman suddenly take up different roles and more responsibilities than they were before the wedding.

After wedding, the man;

1. He becomes more logical( calculative): He is now more logical, He will not buy at impulse like he used to do before wedding. He now asked why(most of the time) before he attends to your requests.

2. The man becomes more quiet : as a result of number 1 and also because the wife can not manage or handle some information

3. He is more authoritative (controlling): You can't blame him, he is the head and if things go wrong due to his negligence even his wife will call him a fool

4. The calls reduces and the attention might also reduces: they are more concern about providing for the physical need of the family etc

someone should please help me with a list for the women folks. however, I know that the change for women is more obvious when they are pregnant.

5 Likes

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by tranxo(m): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
Godmother:

Nope

Hmmmm. So how exactly did you 'notice' this?
Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Godmother(f): 8:42am On May 04, 2016
tranxo:

Hmmmm. So how exactly did you 'notice' this?

Lolz. From friends naa grin
Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 04, 2016
“Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.”

Albert Einstein

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by TV01(m): 3:17pm On May 04, 2016
It will read better as "marriage changes all men". Either way, women should choose a man whom marriage will change for the better.

TV

...note, not necessarily character or conduct, but other attributes!
Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Kimoni: 3:48pm On May 04, 2016
crackhaus:

Na so...

grin grin grin grin grin Crackhaus ijogbon

OP, even if you say your husband has changed and it's for reasons like pressure of putting food on the table as you highlighted, nothing to be ashamed of in that pls.
It's expected that some dynamics will change as a man's family increases and expenses grow, it's also expected that some things will change about the woman as her body goes through the rigors of multiple pregnancies and childbirths. Moods will change, bodies will change. Many women will swear their children have taught them to be more patient. These are just examples and there are many more...these changes are expected and every family will experience it in some way. It's how both parties handle it that makes the difference.

1 Like

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by Kimoni: 4:09pm On May 04, 2016
Nosu:
yes, Men change after wedding as well as the women, that is the reality.

You can't tell me that you are still the same person you were when you were in secondary school/university, some things must have certainly changed.

The truth remains that people don't like change and they resist it because they don't want to face reality.

After wedding the man and the woman suddenly take up different roles and more responsibilities than they were before the wedding.

After wedding, the man;

1. He becomes more logical( calculative): He is now more logical, He will not buy at impulse like he used to do before wedding. He now asked why(most of the time) before he attends to your requests.

2. The man becomes more quiet : as a result of number 1 and also because the wife can not manage or handle some information

3. He is more authoritative (controlling): You can't blame him, he is the head and if things go wrong due to his negligence even his wife will call him a fool

4. The calls reduces and the attention might also reduces: they are more concern about providing for the physical need of the family etc

someone should please help me with a list for the women folks. however, I know that the change for women is more obvious when they are pregnant.

Exactly! nothing abnormal in all the changes the OP highlighted. Guess part of the problem is also "expectations in marriage". People need to manage their expectation and face realities. Chicken republic may not be everyday again naa cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by crackhaus: 6:41pm On May 04, 2016
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin grin Crackhaus ijogbon

OP, even if you say your husband has changed and it's for reasons like pressure of putting food on the table as you highlighted, nothing to be ashamed of in that pls.
It's expected that some dynamics will change as a man's family increases and expenses grow, it's also expected that some things will change about the woman as her body goes through the rigors of multiple pregnancies and childbirths. Moods will change, bodies will change. Many women will swear their children have taught them to be more patient. These are just examples and there are many more...these changes are expected and every family will experience it in some way. It's how both parties handle it that makes the difference.
coolcool

1 Like

Re: Do All Men Change In Marriage? by diva90: 6:13am On May 05, 2016
Yes they do! They all do unfortunately

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Is She Putting Me Under Pressure To Marry Her / Funeral Arrangements Of Onowu Neni. Ceo Tonimas / How Our New Landlord Cheated Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.