Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} (54744 Views)

A U-shaped Building In Zhengzhou, Central China / Binatone Air Coolant With Remote For Sale And Ac / Distress Sales Of 2 Plot Of Land At Oniru Central, Lekki, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by domack99(m): 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
Why is it that our Engineers don't design a central Air conditioning systems in our high rise buildings. Is it that they are not cost effective or difficult to maintain?

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by drkay(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
I don't think they are cost effective.

6 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by domack99(m): 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
I don't know about the initial cost but I don't think there anything bigish maintaining central Air conditioning system

3 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
Central HVAC is less efficient.

Even here in California, the higher end homes are going to split system though some are linked.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by msogunro: 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hahahahahahaha!!!! One of the outdoor units is covering a window. Hilarious. How is it even secured. They should invest in a multi split system.

With central a/c units, you cool/heat an entire house when you only need the room you're in conditioned.

Splits are more effecient because you can cool just the zone that you're in.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by domack99(m): 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
msogunro:
Hahahahahahaha!!!! One of the outdoor units are covering a window. Hilarious. How is it even secured. They should invest in a multi split system.

With central a/c units, you cool/heat an entire house when you only need the room you're in conditioned.

Splits are more effecient because you can cool just the zone that you're in.

I believe with central Ac system you can also regulate individual room temperature as well

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
domack99:

I believe with central Ac system you can also regulate individual room temperature as well

No you can't.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by domack99(m): 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

No you can't.

If this is the case, i doubt if the idea of central AC system can sell in Naija

4 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by kopell: 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

No you can't.
Yes it can be regulated by zoning individual, it's makes a lot of since and save money. I don't know why they can't get one unit with 6-8 spelts or even 9 at once.

8 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2016
kopell:
Yes it can be regulated by zoning individual, it's makes a lot of since and save money. I don't know why they can't get one unit with 6-8 spelts or even 9 at once.

Stop that. You're talking about commercial grade stuff there grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Aviero: 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
We don't have a central one because Oga can just put the AC off and go home, and leave all of us inside heat. So it is better if every one has their own AC and chill inside, instead of waiting for Oga to come and press Power Button.

135 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Texcoco(m): 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
Cuz its a f**king waste of time and hydraulics....

2 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by engrdubem(m): 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
Many reasons,chief is epileptic power supply....shikena.

9 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by chikel2000(m): 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
We d talk of no light n other infrastructure, dis one dey here d talk another thing. D post below me eh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by dubemnaija: 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
Our engineers don't think outside the box. They re always busy nairalanding

8 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by tola9ja: 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
the question sound funny to me no offense my opinion though
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by coldsummer: 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
Because

Our

Minds

Are backward and we hate to allow our minds grow....

We like to remain stagnant

Bitter truth

7 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by seunny4lif(m): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
shocked shocked
I rejected am grin grin
Nooooo abeg grin grin
I love my life grin grin shocked shocked

Nobody should complain abt my English ooooh grin
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by xreal: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
No light.
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Dollyak(f): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
Central cooli system for that kind of building is load intensive. So how are you going to power it with ordinary generators you guys use in Nigeria?

12 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by BE811APP: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
Our architects are not innovative...No offense to dos in d proffession but its true

Why do u think Builders do a better Job on site and when I say Builders I mean those that didnt go to skol oo..
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
cheesy

34 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Lawalemi(m): 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
What happen when we need to use I Pass My Neighbour
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Evina(f): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

No you can't.

Sure you can!

We use the central Air condition system in our office and when it gets too chill in my work space I regulate the temperature through the switch that regulates the specified area.

11 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by aieromon(m): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
Eko Hotels do use central air conditioning.

3 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by MadCow1: 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
Maintenance bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by mrselvanoo: 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
U can put it if u want
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by Sirmuel1(m): 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
Ask Nepa grin
Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by lanicky(f): 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lol. I don't think that is true.

The reason could be the price or preference for 'all man for himself'. The landlord will not want to be disturbed any time the central system is malfunctioning, the landlord can ignore one man or two men but it will hard to ignore tens of people. smiley

coldsummer:
Because

Our

Minds

Are backward and we hate to allow our minds grow....

We like to remain stagnant

Bitter truth

3 Likes

Re: Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} by seunny4lif(m): 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
grin
You understand grin
Just like nairaland Mod grin grin
Pushing any topic anyhow to FP
Aviero:
We don't have a central one because Oga can just put the AC off and go home, and leave all of us inside heat. So it is better if every one has their own AC and chill inside, instead of waiting for Oga to come and press Power Button.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Built My Own House After Following Some Of Nairalanders' Advice / FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.