Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai (1427 Views)

Photo Of El-Rufai Kneeling Before Atiku Dug Up By Nigerians For Attacking Atiku / Send Your Child To School Or Go To Jail – El-rufa'i / I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by femdevcon(f): 8:25pm On Apr 25, 2016

A Bill to prosecute anyone who give alms and anyone who receive it is underway in Kaduna state.
The bill which has already scale the first reading in the Kaduna State House of Assembly is masterminded by the Governor Nasir El-Rufai and widely endorsed by 60% of house member.

The recommend 6months jail term for any one giving alms or anyone receiving it.

It would be recalled that similar bill that seek jail term for anyone found street hawking has already gained ground.

However this bills has sparked crictism among scholars and opposition party.

Source:http://femdevcon..com/?m=1
Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by doublewisdom: 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
* spreads mat*

2 Likes

Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by vivalavida(m): 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
O seti go
Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by gud4dbest(m): 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
El-rufai,don spoiled market for the professional beggar,nah to leave kaduna to another place to ply ur trade be that oo...but for the street hawkers who couldnt afford a shop to display their petty goods nko?there shud a measure to help them out_nawah ooo
Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by ItzTun3chi(m): 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
tyrant angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
I swear to Obatala, El-Rufai is the kinda President Nigeria needs.

4 Likes

Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by greatiyk4u(m): 8:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
This El-Rufai knows exactly the problem of his people
Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
Well, i can't say much on dis since the details of dis legislation is not made available. But from the given, dis is not totally acceptable. d fact that there are fake beggars should not make us forget many who for no fault of their own are in genuine need of alms & alms giving are cardinal virtues in both d bible & d quran. d law should rather incriminate anyone found begging unnecessarily. Or has el rufai provided for all d basic needs of d wretched of d earth in Kaduna?

1 Like

Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
100% supported
Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by onajo2000(m): 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
Maybe hell rufai is going mad..... Does it mean if I decide to help someone I will be jailed..... This is real madness

1 Like

Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by viktagorion: 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
He's obviously not looking for a second term.

Nasir is the kind of leader this country needs.

He get the job done and doesn't care about political correctness.

God bless you Governor Nasir el-rufai.
Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by Sall(m): 11:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
This is the kind of leaders we need in this country
Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by chigson(m): 12:25am On Apr 26, 2016
Even in Germany, ppl do beg on the street so I don't see anything bad in asking for alms
Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by Caseless: 2:43am On Apr 26, 2016
Love him or hate him, he's the best governor we have right now !

Apostle Johnson Suleiman, we need the date and time el-rufai will die pls.
Re: Give Alms And Go To Jail. - El-rufai by SmartMugu: 3:04am On Apr 26, 2016
I expect more migrations of beggars from that state to the west.

(1) (Reply)

Photos As VP Osibanjo Meets With Lady Who Carried ”I Need A Job’ Placard / Soyinka Disowns ‘disgusting’ Buhari Comments Attributed To Him - Premium Times / Photos: VP Yemi Osinbajo, Don Moen, And Others At Taiwo Odukoya's 60th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.