Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' (26012 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho Wore Igbo Cap To Leicester City Vs Swansea Game / Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup / Kelechi Iheanacho Signs 2-year Extension Deal With Man City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by Elmans4you: 11:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Keneking:
Igbos and other Nigerians are doing well in Europe grin grin grin
See your mentality!!!
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by Kennydoc(m): 11:55am On Apr 26, 2016
Please, what is Mikel's minute-to-goal ratio? I guess it will be over 1,500. Lol

2 Likes

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by kechywillz(m): 11:59am On Apr 26, 2016
joshuaidibia:
MUMU club. After them don cut cut my ticket since league start. How i wish them and Arsenal just drop from that 3&4th position.
Bros ur own problem no be Iheanacho matter,na bcoz d club and Arsenal cut ur ticket. I don tell u make u no dey put all ur eggs in one basket,if u dey bet,bet with more than 5slips. Lol,at least one go sure. grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
modelmike7:
Lolz.
This is the true definition of EXAGGERATION!!! All the best kido.

This is no exaggeration. They did the bean counting and laid out the facts.

Of course, comparing him to the Messi & co seems such a stretch, because these guys have consistently done wonders. But what you can't dispute is the boys potential...you need to see his confidence in front of goal.

Watch the video of his last two goals or the video of his hat-trick against Aston Villa. Some of them will give you a peek into the man the boy could become.

Of course you can't take potential to the bank, you must "show working". And my concern with this kind of article is that it could get to his head. It should have been one small paragraph in another article grin.
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
Today's Match will tell if he truly is ...
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by Jyde89: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
danduj:
u call dis man a kid? grin

Ur own pass bad belle, na wicked belle, 1st you said hes overated and now you say he's older than his, keep whining he'll continue winning. Akara

1 Like

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by zbone(m): 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
DrMeroThaEmperor:
He scores vital goals as well. I remember the winner he scored which his team mates did not celebrate with him.

which winner did his team mates not celebrate with him ehn..?
Nigerians and this "enemy" mentality

1 Like

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
zbone:

which winner did his team mates not celebrate with him ehn..?
Nigerians and this "enemy" mentality
sometime in February this year, he scored the equalizing goal against North London White and none of his team mates seemed to be excited by that. Though, they went on to lose the game 2:1.

It was in the period when Pep was announced as the successor of Manuel. It was as if the players decided not to win any games because, they went on a long run of draws and losses. . .

I think before you point a finger of accusations, you should first check to see if you are clean. What you accused me of was far from what I was thinking. . . I can conclude that that is your mentality and not mine or Nigerians' pulse.ng/sports/football/kelechi-iheanacho-thierry-henry-blasts-city-players-for-not-celebrating-with-forward-id4689588.html

1 Like

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by Sammie23: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
sammie771:
See wetin oliseh cause.No AFCON 2017.Imagine iheanacho,iwobi and isaac success collabo? God help your children
Abi ighalo
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by robosky02(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
its iheanachos world.....

2 Likes

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by franklingud(m): 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
Omo Igbo to wa akwoshe.

proud Igbo boy. Repping Us Well everywhere.
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by joshuaidibia(m): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
kechywillz:

Bros ur own problem no be Iheanacho matter,na bcoz d club and Arsenal cut ur ticket. I don tell u make u no dey put all ur eggs in one basket,if u dey bet,bet with more than 5slips. Lol,at least one go sure. grin
True talk
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by Mikylopez(f): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
That brother is 19? undecided odiegwu...aniways i wish hm best of luckkiss
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by justicejay(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
its exagerration,so because a british papaer wrote it,we wshould swallor hook,line and sinker...no be the name mumu british paper name walcot the next henry in 2000 and carrick the next scoles.....briton are known for hyperbole and embellishment..I won't take dere word serious.........kelechi will be great!!!
Yea kelechi will be great and also british media are know for hyperbole but for their players only, I still repeat, for the white media to recognize a black player and rate him high. definitely the guy has been great.
Give credits to who deserve it.

1 Like

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by babyfaceafrica: 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
justicejay:

Yea kelechi will be great and also british media are know for hyperbole but for their players only, I still repeat, for the white media to recognize a black player and rate him high. definitely the guy has been great.
Give credits to who deserve it.
yes I will give credit to kelechi,but won't give any to the british paper that praise him...na eye-service

1 Like

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by Ejeh(m): 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
Rossikki:
Full Report:

[size=15pt]Kelechi Iheanacho has a better minute-to-goal ratio than Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez... the Manchester City forward is Europe's deadliest player[/size]

- Kelechi Iheanacho scored twice as Manchester City defeated Stoke 4-0
- Iheanacho's double took his tally to 11 in all competitions this season
- The 19-year-old's 11 goals have come at an average of every 81.27 minutes
- Luis Suarez is 83.77, Cristiano Ronaldo 84.21 and Lionel Messi 95.95

His 11 goals have come at an average of every 81.27 minutes - better than anyone in Europe's top five leagues

Iheanacho scored twice for Manchester City as they swept aside Stoke 4-0 in the Premier League on Saturday

In Manchester the spotlight on one of the hottest young talents falls on the red side of the city in Marcus Rashford. The Manchester United teenager has lit up their season with his goalscoring exploits - netting seven goals in 14 appearances since making his debut in February.

However, their 'noisy neighbours' Manchester City can boast an equally as devastating young striker in Kelechi Iheanacho.

The 19-year-old is quietly blossoming into a clinical finisher at City, and this was highlighted by his two goals in their 4-0 Premier League win over Stoke on Saturday.
That double took his overall tally to 11 in the season and a stat that sees him crowned as Europe's deadliest marksman.
Iheanacho can lay claim to being the most prolific goalscorer in Europe's top five league based on minutes played.

His minute-to-goal ratio stands at 81.27 - a figure that surpasses illustrious forwards such Lionel Messi, Robert Lewandowski and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Based on players having scored 10 goals or more this term in all competitions, Iheanacho's nearest challenger is Barcelona forward Luis Suarez. The 29-year-old has scored 53 times at a minute-to-goal ratio of 83.77.
Real Madrid duo Ronaldo (47 goals) and Karim Benzema (27) sit third and fourth respectively in this list at 84.21 and 85.93 respectively.

Paris Saint-Germain talisman Zlatan Ibrahimovic rounds out the top five with his 42 goals coming every 88.45 minutes.
Messi is 8th in this list with his 40 goals for Barcelona coming every 95.95 minutes.
Bayern Munich striker Lewandowski (38 goals) is 10th at 98.89 with Gareth Bale (18) next at a ratio of a strike every 106.39 minutes.
Aside from Iheanacho, only City team-mate Sergio Aguero and Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge are from the Premier League inside the top 20.
Aguero's minute-to-goal ratio of 112.89 places him 13th while Sturridge finds him 16th with 121.73.

Real Madrid visit the Etihad for the first leg of City's first Champions League semi-final, offering Iheanacho the chance to challenge himself against the likes of Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale.
'I think I should dream about that because it's a great team to dream about,' he said. 'It would be a dream come true to play against them.
'Ronaldo and Messi are the greatest players on the planet so I think playing against them is a big thing to anyone. It would be a big thing to me if I play against him on Tuesday.'
'(If I was picked) I would feel very great, I would feel very happy. I would grab the opportunity and really work hard.'
If the young Nigerian does feature on Tuesday then Real's defence have been warned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3558073/Kelechi-Iheanacho-better-minute-goal-ratio-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Lionel-Messi-Luis-Suarez-Manchester-City-forward-Europe-s-deadliest-player.html#comments

Am so proud of dis young man. This shows his achievement during the under 17 wasn't a fluke..

3 Likes

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by odehman: 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2016
Keneking:
Igbos and other Nigerians are doing well in Europe grin grin grin
omo na mental case
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by emmalexabl(m): 1:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
swezenberg:
English Journalists and their hype. Deadliest kor liveliest ni

Yoruba.....

2 Likes

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by MirabelArode(f): 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
This is why I want to stay with the Igbos in Biaf*a not the muslim yorubas. #FreeKanu

1 Like

Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by justicejay(m): 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
yes I will give credit to kelechi,but won't give any to the british paper that praise him...na eye-service
Agree on that
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by toprealman: 3:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
Tocheagle:
Let him be deadly for Nigeria as well
if them go gree am.
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by zbone(m): 3:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
DrMeroThaEmperor:
sometime in February this year, he scored the equalizing goal against North London White and none of his team mates seemed to be excited by that. Though, they went on to lose the game 2:1.

It was in the period when Pep was announced as the successor of Manuel. It was as if the players decided not to win any games because, they went on a long run of draws and losses. . .

I think before you point a finger of accusations, you should first check to see if you are clean. What you accused me of was far from what I was thinking. . . I can conclude that that is your mentality and not mine or Nigerians' pulse.ng/sports/football/kelechi-iheanacho-thierry-henry-blasts-city-players-for-not-celebrating-with-forward-id4689588.html

Dude you said he scored the winner when it was actually an equalizer like you just pointed out. Secondly in the game you speak of, he was actually not ignored by his team mates. A couple of them went to congratulate him, but because they were chasing an important game, they kept it brief wanting to restart the game as quickly as possible cause time wasn't on their side.
If anything I think kelechi's team mates are teaching him to have the winning mentality here. You don't go running to the corner flag, kneeling down and all.. when you're chasing a game. Rather you pick the ball and restart the game ASAP.

I'll like to remind you that this same team mates were chanting his name in the dressing room after his hatrick in one of the cup competitions, I can't remember the exact one.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4055/main/2016/01/31/19864062/man-city-starlet-iheanacho-revels-in-dressing-room-welcome-after-

I think you should try to get your facts right next time, cause I don't no how a footballer will score a winner and his team mates won't celebrate with him?
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by wayodude(m): 4:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
just an example now, If there was a striker who only 2 games in a season and i both games came on as a sub in the last minute and scored a goal his goal per minute ratio would be 100%. Would that make him more deadly on the pitch than Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, Aubameyang, Aguero etc?

Statistics can be used to easily prove or disprove any point you may chose to. Most already recognise this fact. As for the others, ah well....

Kelechi is a good young prospect like Rashford, Sanches, Jese Rodriguez etc

I like him as a player.
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
zbone:

Dude you said he scored the winner when it was actually an equalizer like you just pointed out. Secondly in the game you speak of, he was actually not ignored by his team mates. A couple of them went to congratulate him, but because they were chasing an important game, they kept it brief wanting to restart the game as quickly as possible cause time wasn't on their side.
If anything I think kelechi's team mates are teaching him to have the winning mentality here. You don't go running to the corner flag, kneeling down and all.. when you're chasing a game. Rather you pick the ball and restart the game ASAP.

I'll like to remind you that this same team mates were chanting his name in the dressing room after his hatrick in one of the cup competitions, I can't remember the exact one.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4055/main/2016/01/31/19864062/man-city-starlet-iheanacho-revels-in-dressing-room-welcome-after-

I think you should try to get your facts right next time, cause I don't no how a footballer will score a winner and his team mates won't celebrate with him?
noted
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by mart2k(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
joshuaidibia:
MUMU club. After them don cut cut my ticket since league start. How i wish them and Arsenal just drop from that 3&4th position.
Guy, no b only u o, dey cut my ticket too especially mumu ass-anal. Tonight, I wil pick HT/FT 1/2 nack am wit 2k
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by badguyP: 5:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
I even thought I saw UK paper names Kelechi iheanacho in the Panama papers scandal
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by badguyP: 5:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
I even thought I saw UK paper names Kelechi iheanacho in the Panama papers scandal lipsrsealed
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by FuckDModz: 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
Akshow:
He sure is. That kid is going places. I just pray Pep gives him airtime.

to call his mother?
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by Oshotse21(m): 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
Kelechi very soon you go be world best...
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by olisaEze(m): 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
Akshow:
He sure is. That kid is going places. I just pray Pep gives him airtime.

grin Mtn or Airtel? grin grin grin
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by judondasylva(m): 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2016
gpod
Re: UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' by swezenberg(m): 1:46am On Apr 27, 2016
emmalexabl:

Yoruba.....

See where you took it to. So you have been supporting the write up based on tribe. Well let me give you high BP. Jay Jay Okocha and Kanu Nwakwo are always in my good books but for media to come up with this big lie and expect me to take it hook, line and sinker, capital no. Then starts supporting people without sentiments and tribal lines so that you can encourage them to do more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I want to win AFCON for Stephen Keshi - Musa / Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim / Arsenal To Return To Training Next Week But Players Will Train Individually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.