Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] (25471 Views)

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media / After A Long Day Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Samtoby(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lol.. both na job nw... Wu no like good tin...

Mod:

Wow, first to comment on Page 1 grin
Na something nw..
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
Gbege!
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by fejicruz(m): 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
He should simply say "my account was hacked & strange & illicit stuffs posted"

1 Like

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Omotaday(m): 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
tollytexy:
I'd say i was once a boxer and i throw blows at opponents to earn a living
Still no job is better than that, so go back to it.
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by obontami: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
nurez305:
That Is even better than some nairalander username, let the interviewer ask them their username on nairaland and you will hear name like : obontami,born2fuck, irunobo, kpekuspikin, iluvtotodie, obonono,virginkpekus etc. These kind of names is automatic disqualification cheesy grin shocked

angry

1 Like

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Dollipsejay(m): 2:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
ahahahahahahahaha

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Virginkpekus(f): 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
nurez305:
That Is even better than some nairalander username, let the interviewer ask them their username on nairaland and you will hear name like : obontami,born2fuck, irunobo, kpekuspikin, iluvtotodie, obonono,virginkpekus etc. These kind of names is automatic disqualification cheesy grin shocked
Which interviewer would start asking for your nairaland username? Jobless he goat.

1 Like

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Aremu01(m): 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lol
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Aremu01(m): 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
Virginkpekus:

Which interviewer would start asking for your nairaland username? Jobless he goat.

There is a guy by the moniker STUPIDITY. Let him share his experience with you
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Virginkpekus(f): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
Aremu01:

So people are now required to fill in there nairaland usernames on their CV? Your brain dey touch.
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Aremu01(m): 2:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
Virginkpekus:

So people are now required to fill in there nairaland usernames on their CV? Your brain dey touch.
Hey, why the insult?
I remember this guy's post where he was asked his nl username which is stupidity . With that name, u can guess the end of the story.
It even made front page then
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Virginkpekus(f): 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
Aremu01:

Hey, why the insult?
I remember this guy's post where he was asked his nl username which is stupidity . With that name, u can guess the end of the story.
It even made front page then
So even if one is asked for their username, which I know can never happen, you will then stupidly say it, because them put gun for your head. Stop sharing fake stories here abeg.
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
This is issue is mostly a problem overseas, particularly here in the US.

Some employers will demand the passwords of your social media accounts. Any x-rated post or photo could either disqualify you from the job or lead to a suspension.

Teachers have been fired for posting twerking videos, and pics of themselves in bra and panties.
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by deanoffaculty: 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
rita25:
CHAI U ARE AN INSTICTIVE LIAR.U CAN LIE FOR AFRICA SHA lipsrsealed
cheesy cheesy....I don repent.
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by tolsh: 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
Technology in a new dimension.

We remain the best in all we do, we stand unique in the Android generation. Tolshtech Engineering is a multi dynamic technological company. We specialize in the following with best of professionals :

* Internet connectivity
* Intercom programming and installation (VOIP)
* industrial UPS and inverters installation.
* installation of industrial generator and configuration
* maintenance and servicing of industrial generator
* cctv installation and programming
* remote monitoring of your cctv

* installation of fire alarm
* satellite installation and maintenance
* programming of school bell timer
* seminars and trainings on VAST, NETWORKING, CISCO, ORACLE , JAVA. etc.

For more information contact us on
+2348068477746
www.tolshtechengineering.com
Http://tolshtech.
tolshtech@gmail.com
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by TeamMysticgal16(f): 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin

TEAM MYSTICGAL FOR MISS NAIRALAND

1 Like

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Aremu01(m): 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
Virginkpekus:

So even if one is asked for their username, which I know can never happen, you will then stupidly say it, because them put gun for your head. Stop sharing fake stories here abeg.

www.nairaland.com/2847202/how-lost-job-opportunity-because
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Virginkpekus(f): 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
Aremu01:

www.nairaland.com/2847202/how-lost-job-opportunity-because
Go rest abeg, so it's everything you see online that is true. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Topestbilly(m): 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
Abeg no light and heat dey, I no wan laff grin
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by iwatchandlisten(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
seunoni34:
lets be honest,No serious employer in nigeria has time to be checking through your social network activities . All of them care only about your delivery not what goes on in yourprivate life etc . with exception of companies that are PR conscious - that I can't guarantee.
But to be on the safer side , switch all your sns accounts to private.

All companies should be very PR conscious -- Reputation is capital, you know.
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by deanoffaculty: 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2016
goodlifehyd1:
Na that one worst pass when they ask you for evidence of your father's workshop and an old pic of both of you in the workshop na then you go begin count stars wey dey sky for afternoon
Yea....that one too dey sha. One bad thing about telling lie is that you have to tell another lie to establish the former lies. grin grin grin
#Godhavemercy
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Aremu01(m): 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
Virginkpekus:
Go rest abeg, so it's everything you see online that is true. Nonsense!
Y re u taking this personal? Gonna ignore you further anyway
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
lyterydim:
When your village people gather for you 'the throw different questions I remember when i went for interview they gave us a cup of tea and ask us what's before you( U) we all smiled and answerd cup of tea of cause not knowing the answer is T ....

Abeg what was before you was a cup of tea

grin

Whish kain yeye quest be that
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Virginkpekus(f): 2:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Aremu01:

Y re u taking this personal?
Gonna ignore you further anyway
You wey get beta username do you have a job?
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
Aremu01:

That is why sharp guys like us do not use our official contact details to open social media account. I am a devil with my official contact details, but a saint with my official contact details. I love the game.
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Odani: 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
seunoni34:
lets be honest,No serious employer in nigeria has time to be checking through your social network activities . All of them care only about your delivery not what goes on in yourprivate life etc . with exception of companies that are PR conscious - that I can't guarantee.

Can u for once take the humor in the joke and leave seriousness aside?
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by 4C2215131: 3:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
guyANDROID1:
This is what happen when you posted inadequate words on social networks. Some company do make background check before calling you for interviews.

So please be wise.

Gotcha! Heheheheh....
Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by oshaosha2014(m): 3:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
Yeah. And so fucking what. Can't one have a life apart from the one that has to do with this fucking jobs. This job seeking mentality go turn una to slave finish. Live your life.
merits:
And so fuckin what!

1 Like

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Godsonbalo(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
My brother, i was surprise when my chairman told me he saw me on facebook. i was so shock and ask if hes on facebook but he said No. So tell me whats he looking for?

seunoni34:

1 Like

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by Tobium1(m): 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2016
Shey na if de interviewer knows my facebook acct details abi?

1 Like

Re: What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] by jadepinkett(f): 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
"No job is better than a Mouth Gig", can also be interpreted as: I'd rather be jobless than give a Mouth Gig. It all depends on the context in which that statement is read[s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Academic And Non-Academic Recruitment At Hezekiah University-83positions / Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates / Urgent Job Vacancy In Asaba, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.