Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) (5832 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by gezy: 3:49pm On Oct 15, 2009
Nigeria is always in the group of death b/c FIFA knows that we are [/color][color=#006600][color=#006600][/color] dead.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
vigasimple:

2.This is u-17 world cup, we have no reason to fear any country whether Germany or Argentinians, if we can't beat them by skill, we have the SUN and the HEAT to help us, so don't worry.
MEHHNN, i feel your correct street sense, oh boi, naija go win for sure, how can naija lose if it is hosted in naija, that will be a BIG BIG shame,

By the way, why did u forget when nigeria went to korea, they played a SOLID game and won every fugging country, wat is stopping them now that they r in their home, the argentina U-17 and the germany U-17 isnt the same as their national team, make u no forget oh, they fit stumble, furthermore, i wish nigeria the best,

i just thought, at least if nigeria is out of the cup, they can still watch since they are at home, lol, they have no where else to go
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2009
i am very optimistic, look at my signature             ||
                                                                    ||
                                                                    ||
                                                                    ||
                                                                    \/
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 9:35am On Oct 16, 2009
don't worry, John Obuh is trying to shrink some of his 30 years players so that they appear as a 15 years old. they must have been trying to shave all the hairs on the jaws and armpits just to look like an u-17. if he's successful, then we will host and win, so don't lose hope guys grin grin
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by adebayo201: 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2009
;d ;d
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by buffead(f): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2009
dis under 17 world cup sef mchewww , all of da countries dat will participate will use over age players , , nigerians we like to broadcast ourself other countries wey go use overage players we wont hear such news from dem , but we nigerians our mouth big , na soo soo noise we go dey make ,
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2009
It would have been a bit fair if we get to use players within 17-22, but we are prone to using 25-32 years all the time, that's my problem with Nigeria
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by nich(m): 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2009
8days to go!

emmm, i believe all the stadia would be on 'generators' through out. right?
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
nich:

8days to go!

emmm, i believe all the stadia would be on 'generators' through out. right?

yes, every country uses generator to power their stadiums when they're hosting a game, i need to get tickets to the preliminary stages to the semi final games scheduled for Lagos (teslim balogun)
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by DisGuy: 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2009
Cant even get any information from nigerian newspapers about this tournament especially items about the locations-stadium etc etc

"How do they expect my youthful players to come and train on a pitch without grass?" he told Punch newspaper in Nigeria.

"They want us to train on the field which cannot accommodate even a five-a-side game. This is horrible; I have never seen a thing like this all my life in football.

"Even the doping room is only comparable to a detention centre, there are no excuses, and we cannot stay here."

UAE official  shocked
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by asha80(m): 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2009
Nigeria 2009: Trouble looms
Sports Oct 18, 2009 By Onochie Anibeze

“Will this championship still kick off on Saturday? Things are not going on well,” one official said on phone from Calabar yesterday.

“We need information. I have been involved in past events hosted by Nigeria. Things were tough but this one in particular is confusing. There are no activities. Everything is stalled. They say that there’s no money,” one official complained from Kaduna.

“The problem didn’t start now. It started long before now. We kept asking Abuja to direct us but they have not been doing so. They said money is their problem and there were no clues on how we can raise money on our own,” a top member of the Kano sub-seat of the Local Organising Committee told us.

The draw for the FIFA U17 World Cup held at the International Conference Centre, Abuja. L-R, Engr. Sani Ndanusa, Minister of Sports, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, VP recieving the U17 trophy from Mr. Jack Warner, FIFA, VP

“The government of Lagos State has done all that they are expected to do. The only things left undone are the ones the Main Local Organising Committee (LOC) is expected to do. Time is against us. I don’t know how fair it will be to bother Lagos with the responsibilities of LOC. But we know that LOC is looking for money.” This was the way an official told their Lagos story at the weekend.
“We are expecting money. Since we started, only N20m has been allocated to Abuja that will host nine matches including the opening and closing matches. We hope

that they will approve money for us to start work,” said a top official from Abuja.

These reports came from the centres that will host FIFA Under 17 World Cup. They are not the type of reports expected on a world championship that will kick off this Saturday. But this is Nigeria and it may not be unusual to those who have been following trends in the country. From getting the venues ready to putting structures in place for organisation, there have been mounting problems that are already foretelling crisis. FIFA officials got a little dose of it when some of them arrived a few days ago and there were no official vehicles for them.

Japan and Switzerland are expected to arrive today and as at last night the two buses assigned to them were The Young Shall Grow buses. They had no airconditioners. In world championships of this magnitude, new buses and new cars are assigned to teams. The name of such championships is usually inscribed on the vehicles. Unless there are last minute changes, teams will ride in The Young Shall Grow buses and the like all over the country. There are hopes that the governors of the host cities may intervene. But transportation is a responsibility of the LOC.

“I think that the money released to the LOC has been exhausted and they need more funds to get the championship going. If nothing happens, the crisis will be huge and Nigeria will be disgraced,” one football official said, adding “trouble is looming, the Federal Government should rescue the LOC.”

But one insider said that “yes, let the Presidency help but the LOC must account for the money already released to them because what was released was enough to take care of some of the problems we are encountering now.”
FIFA vice President, Jack Warner, had said in Cairo during the just concluded Under 20 World Cup that Nigeria should learn from the good organisation Egypt put up. The statement was an indictment on the LOC. It followed the reports he had been receiving about Nigeria’s preparedness.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/18/nigeria-2009-trouble-looms/#comments

Mehn naija sweet no be small.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2009
Don't worry, things will fall into shape, is it not Nigeria?
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by Dclique(m): 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2009
Lets hope so.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2009
Have you guys bought your tickets yet? I've bought tickets for the preliminary stage to the round of 16 for myself and also for a friend of mine. you guys should get yours too.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by mukina2: 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2009
Go my Darling Baby scorpions kiss kiss kiss

we gon win this fo'sho cool
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2009
mukina2:

Go my Darling Baby scorpions kiss kiss kiss

we gon win this fo'sho cool

win wetin? the game or the match? grin
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by lysim: 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2009
I can bet the super eagles qualifying for the world cup but the under 17 qualifying from this group of death, no old papas for the team.

God help us sha.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 12:21pm On Oct 23, 2009
lysim:

I can bet the super eagles qualifying for the world cup but the under 17 qualifying from this group of death, no old papas for the team.

God help us sha.

grin grin
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by manuel(m): 12:30pm On Oct 23, 2009
Why does the post say U-20 @ the front page?
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2009
manuel:

Why does the post say U-20 @ the front page?

which one are you referring to?
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by mukina2: 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2009
honeric01:

win wetin? the game or the match? grin
The Tourney cool
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2009
mukina2:

The Tourney cool

i love dreamers, especially those that dream while sleeping cheesy
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by Dclique(m): 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2009
Less than 24hrs to go.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2009
Dclique:

Less than 24hrs to go.

got your tickets??
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by mukina2: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2009
honeric01:

i love dreamers, especially those that dream while sleeping cheesy
we are the african champions cool
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2009
mukina2:

we are the african champions cool

And we are the world champion cheesy
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by mukina2: 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2009
I am serious we won the Caf Edition In Algeria cool
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2009
I am also serious, we won the fifa world cup edition in Korea 2 years ago.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by mukina2: 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2009
that team is scattered grin

ours is more current cheesy
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2009
yes, we have the "real" u-17 now

Does Gambia have u-17s? lol, girl the fear of MRI is the beginning of wisdom, if one or half of the team fail the test when conducted randomly by fifa, then you are going to be suspended from fifa games for 100 years grin grin grin
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by mukina2: 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2009
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2009
mukina2:

MRI wetin? grin my boys are all U-17 cool
[img]http://www.gambiasports.gm/portal/thumbnail.php?file=GAMBIA_U_17_CELEBRATES_416795046.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

fear this boi!!!! cool
[img]http://observer.gm/_library/2009/3/ebou%20bojang%20scored-s.jpg[/img]

lol, look at how old your boys are, are you sure they are not 27 years old at least?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Move Up In Fifa And Caf Ranking / Funding Your Winners Golden Bet Account Using Airtime / WEEK 28 – UK 2018/2019 19-jan-2019 Football Coupon Pools Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.