Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) (5833 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2009
muki, your boys are wasting chances,
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by mukina2: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2009
for real dem dey vex me. angry

did the same thing against Iran angry
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2009
mukina2:

for real dem dey vex me. angry

did the same thing against Iran angry

chei, now, they just conceded another goal, wow, Gambia is going home ooo, by the way, how did they win the caf u-17 nations cup shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by mukina2: 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2009
sharap dia angry

too many missed chances angry

i wonder why the Fa took them to England and Uk and not Senegal And Mauritania angry

foolish boys angry
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2009
don't be a sore loser i repeat, take heart eh?? grin

2 loses in 2 matches, Gambia, home beckons grin grin grin
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by mukina2: 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
sharap dia . .we have hope still cheesy

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2009
Wake up from your slumber mama sleeper lol,
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by babybos(m): 11:37am On Oct 29, 2009
High drama in the rain

THE DAY REPLAYED - On what turned out to be one of the longest days in the history of the competition, dramatic storms washed out the Group D match between Turkey and Costa Rica in Enugu and forced delays in the Iran-Colombia and New Zealand-Burkina Faso games.

The only sides to escape the rain were Netherlands and Gambia, with the Dutch earning a much-needed 2-1 win in steamy Calabar to move back into contention in Group C, thanks in no small part to the goalless stalemate between the Iranians and Los Cafeteros, the first of the tournament. The Kiwis and the Stallions shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw to leave Group D wide open, although the Turks can clinch a place in the next round if they win their rearranged game against Los Ticos.

Results
Netherlands 2-1 Gambia
Iran 0-0 Colombia
New Zealand 1-1 Burkina Faso
The match between Turkey and Costa Rica was suspended and will be replayed on Thursday 29 October

Goal of the day
Netherlands-Gambia, Tom Boere 70'
After avoiding the rain and seeing his side get off the mark in the competition, Oranje coach Albert Stuivenberg will no doubt rest easy tonight. The Dutch tactician also played a decisive part in Netherlands' winner, bringing on Ouasim Bouy and Tom Boere in the second half, with the former supplying a pinpoint cross for the latter to head home.

Memorable moments

Judging by the on-pitch celebrations that greeted Luc Castaignos' opening goal against Gambia, the Netherlands' promising collection of talented youngsters clearly believe they are cut out for careers in the spotlight. No sooner had the top scorer at the UEFA U-17 European Championship put the ball past Ousman Darboe in the Gambian goal than one of his media-savvy team-mates pretended to interview him while another whipped out an imaginary camera.

Singing in the rain
Events in Enugu this afternoon proved beyond all doubt that the people of Nigeria truly love their football. Oblivious to the inclement conditions and the temporary suspension of the New Zealand-Burkina Faso match, the fans at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium kept on dancing and singing for the best part of two hours until the players returned.

Juggles and puddles
In keeping with the watery theme of the day, the rain also made an appearance in Calabar, falling with impressive force at the end of the first half of Colombia's meeting with Iran. As the fans huddled under the roofed area of the stadium, an intrepid ball juggler made his way out to the centre of the pitch to keep the crowd entertained with his slippery footwork. And when his impromptu show was over, the gifted entertainer received the biggest ovation of the night for his efforts.

Turkish bath
Following several interruptions caused by the teeming rain and waterlogged pitch, the competition organisers had no option but to suspend the match between Turkey and Costa Rica after 21 minutes. The two sides will return tomorrow at 15:00 hours (local time) to replay the game in its entirety.

The stat
2 - The number of games that New Zealand have now gone without defeat at Nigeria 2009, a first for the Kiwis in a FIFA competition.

Fixtures - Thursday 29 October
USA - Malawi
United Arab Emirates - Spain
Italy - Korea Republic
Uruguay - Algeria
Turkey-Costa Rica
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by babybos(m): 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2009
High drama in the rain

THE DAY REPLAYED - On what turned out to be one of the longest days in the history of the competition, dramatic storms washed out the Group D match between Turkey and Costa Rica in Enugu and forced delays in the Iran-Colombia and New Zealand-Burkina Faso games.

The only sides to escape the rain were Netherlands and Gambia, with the Dutch earning a much-needed 2-1 win in steamy Calabar to move back into contention in Group C, thanks in no small part to the goalless stalemate between the Iranians and Los Cafeteros, the first of the tournament. The Kiwis and the Stallions shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw to leave Group D wide open, although the Turks can clinch a place in the next round if they win their rearranged game against Los Ticos.

Results
Netherlands 2-1 Gambia
Iran 0-0 Colombia
New Zealand 1-1 Burkina Faso
The match between Turkey and Costa Rica was suspended and will be replayed on Thursday 29 October

Goal of the day
Netherlands-Gambia, Tom Boere 70'
After avoiding the rain and seeing his side get off the mark in the competition, Oranje coach Albert Stuivenberg will no doubt rest easy tonight. The Dutch tactician also played a decisive part in Netherlands' winner, bringing on Ouasim Bouy and Tom Boere in the second half, with the former supplying a pinpoint cross for the latter to head home.

Judging by the on-pitch celebrations that greeted Luc Castaignos' opening goal against Gambia, the Netherlands' promising collection of talented youngsters clearly believe they are cut out for careers in the spotlight. No sooner had the top scorer at the UEFA U-17 European Championship put the ball past Ousman Darboe in the Gambian goal than one of his media-savvy team-mates pretended to interview him while another whipped out an imaginary camera.

Singing in the rain
Events in Enugu this afternoon proved beyond all doubt that the people of Nigeria truly love their football. Oblivious to the inclement conditions and the temporary suspension of the New Zealand-Burkina Faso match, the fans at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium kept on dancing and singing for the best part of two hours until the players returned.

Juggles and puddles
In keeping with the watery theme of the day, the rain also made an appearance in Calabar, falling with impressive force at the end of the first half of Colombia's meeting with Iran. As the fans huddled under the roofed area of the stadium, an intrepid ball juggler made his way out to the centre of the pitch to keep the crowd entertained with his slippery footwork. And when his impromptu show was over, the gifted entertainer received the biggest ovation of the night for his efforts.

Turkish bath
Following several interruptions caused by the teeming rain and waterlogged pitch, the competition organisers had no option but to suspend the match between Turkey and Costa Rica after 21 minutes. The two sides will return tomorrow at 15:00 hours (local time) to replay the game in its entirety.

The stat
2 - The number of games that New Zealand have now gone without defeat at Nigeria 2009, a first for the Kiwis in a FIFA competition.

Fixtures - Thursday 29 October
USA - Malawi
United Arab Emirates - Spain
Italy - Korea Republic
Uruguay - Algeria
Turkey-Costa Rica
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2009
Thanks for the update, all the same, its worth it, you can't control the rain, it's nature's way of refreshing the earth
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by adebayo201: 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
how many africa team remain naw
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by lalaboi(m): 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2009
Naija plays. . . .

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by lalaboi(m): 11:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
the fixtures

Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by Uby40(m): 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2009
By this chart,The Nigerian team would be playing in calabar.
As long as they make it through, they are sure to make it to the finals,cos no Nigerian team has ever drawn or lost a match in the U.J Esuene stadium.
I pray not this time.
Goodluck Nigeria.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2009
Uby40:

By this chart,The Nigerian team would be playing in calabar.
As long as they make it through, they are sure to make it to the finals,cos no Nigerian team has ever drawn or lost a match in the U.J Esuene stadium.
I pray not this time.
Goodluck Nigeria.

Nigeria is not playing in calabar, it's in abuja.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by RuuDie(m): 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2009
who the Bleep thot it so bleeping unwise to square Burkina Sofa up with Spain angry
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by RuuDie(m): 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2009
Me thinks . . . . ITALY - USA will be the very match!
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by paddylo1(m): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2009
with this chart naija should smell at least semi final, where they are most likely to meet spain, na there anything can happen,
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by Borat1: 6:05pm On Nov 04, 2009
So argentina have been eliminated? Hmmm
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2009
Mennn, i never knew today was going to be the end for Argentina, it would have been 4-2 against Argentina, The columbians didn't give up until they won/, that was a match to watch.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 9:20am On Nov 05, 2009
Germany, bye bye, and bye bye to USA too

Now lets see who survives between ITALY, Columbia, Switzerland and Turkey.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by gezy: 9:10am On Nov 06, 2009
by this chart guys 9ja would be playing at esuene stadium calabar. Abi are they not in w44.
Thanks to baba God for the victory so far.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by gezy: 9:15am On Nov 06, 2009
Hon Borat , kindly read the rules before posting any rubbish on this wall. who told you Man UTD is hell.
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 9:16am On Nov 06, 2009
The quarter final stage is here, who is going to survive and who's going to fall by the way side? let's cross our fingers as the episodes continue grin

Nigeria vs Korea
Spain vs Uruguay
Switzerland vs Italy
Colombia vs Turkey
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by gezy: 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2009
Our own 9ja we pray will pull thro
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2009
I pray uruguay wins, spain is going to be a problem to us, thats if we win korea
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by FBS: 8:48am On Nov 10, 2009
Well Spain won. . .and we won against Korea.

Its Nigeria vs Spain - Lagos here we come! cheesy (Semifinals)
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2009
FBS:

Well Spain won. . .and we won against Korea.

Its Nigeria vs Spain - Lagos here we come! cheesy (Semifinals)

I only missed the round 16 matches in Lagos, with my eaglets coming to Lagos, i must be at the stadium as early as 1pm, the 2 matches are going to be a cracker to watch tongue tongue
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by FBS: 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2009
honeric01:

I only missed the round 16 matches in Lagos, with my eaglets coming to Lagos, i must be at the stadium as early as 1pm, the 2 matches are going to be a cracker to watch tongue tongue
Lets go there but meanwhile let me go and get my flight ticket.  grin
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2009
FBS:

Lets go there but meanwhile let me go and get my flight ticket.  grin

Where are you based?
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by FBS: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2009
honeric01:

Where are you based?
It's classified. cheesy cool
Re: Fifa U-17 World Cup Draws Out (Nigeria 09 Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2009
FBS:

It's classified. cheesy cool

I hia u mr top secret grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Move Up In Fifa And Caf Ranking / Funding Your Winners Golden Bet Account Using Airtime / WEEK 28 – UK 2018/2019 19-jan-2019 Football Coupon Pools Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.