Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack (3593 Views)

Benue State Government Reveals Timeline Of Herdsmen Attacks / Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 / Borno Gov’s Office Turn Boxing Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by PapaBrowne(m): 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
I saw this on Facebook.... I cant verify. So judge for yourselves

If you are confused or wonder about what happened in Enugu yesterday, this is the timeline as Ariaku Emeh Iroh's wall provides it:

1. Governor Ugwuanyi gets information that Uzouwani will be attacked as some herdsmen from Nassarawa are converging near the community.
2. "There was a call made by Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi to the president, he was put on hold for over an hour 15 minutes.
3. This call was made in the presence of 13 men and 4 women, the president aid (aide)told the Governor that the president will get back to him.
4.The president through his aid(aide) after 4 hrs told Enugu state governor that the president will do something about it.

5. "...Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi on hearing that the police have not arrived at Uzouwani called GOC 82 division for help. He was refereed to the presidency again.

6. This time around, he was put on hold for nearly 2 hrs again, while waiting to speak to the president. News came in that the attack he was planning to prevent has actually taken place.

7. Within an hour, the commissioner and GOC who refereed the Governor to the president has mobilised their men to stop retaliation. The same way Lagos and Agatu was attacked and retaliation prevented.

We need to know why police commissioner and GOC need presidency order before they can protect the innocent citizens?.
We need to know - why police and military sent their men to Uzouwani after the attack to prevent retaliation?.
We need to know why a sitting Governor cannot use the support of police and military to protect his people?.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by doublewisdom: 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by dunkem21(m): 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Blakjewelry(m): 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
Am coming
Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by PapaBrowne(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
My take is this:

Its time for us to wake up and decide a clear cut strategy to protect ourselves.

Rather than rant on social media, we need real strategies. Anybody waiting on a Buhari's protection is wasting his time.
The perpertuators are on a well calculated genocidal mission. And you know what, they have a clear cut strategy. And they are working hard and fast at it. What they are currently doing is testing the will of southerners. They've done it in the middle belt, nothing stops them from doing it down south.

Rather than rant on social media, we have to start discussing real ways to protect these villages.

Over 600 years ago, the Binis built a Moat around the city to protect itself from invaders. Isn't it a shame that in this era of technology, we(not Government, but we the people)can't even come up with a simple strategy to confront this menace as well as protect ourselves??

A few things we can start today>

Operation Boycott Beef.
Everyday you eat beef, you are putting funds in the hands of the genocidal perpetrators to buy ammunition to kill your people. If 10 Million southerners boycott beef, even if for the next 3 months, the cattle industry will feel the bite immensely and the leadership would be forced to act.
This is the simplest most impactful action that can deal a healthy blow to the murderous gang of herdsmen.

Design a Defense & Response Strategy for each and every Village.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by BAILMONEY: 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
ENUGU STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY SHOULD AS A MATTER OF URGENCY SERVE THIS IDIOTIC GOVERNOR AN IMPEACHMENT NOTICE WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY angry WHAT A DUNCE angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Gerrard59(m): 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
PapaBrowne:
I saw this on Facebook.... I cant verify. So judge for yourselves
We need to know why police commissioner and GOC need presidency order before they can protect the innocent citizens?.
We need to know - why police and military sent their men to Uzouwani after the attack to prevent retaliation?.
We need to know why a sitting Governor cannot use the support of police and military to protect his people?

Quite scaring. So a sitting governor will call the president and be put on hold for cumulatively 3 hours and more? undecided On a(n) security/emergency matter. Now I see why my close friend supports BIA..., events like this will pull most people who are on the fence.

However, like you said, rantings(which southerners are excellent at) will not take us anywhere. What I suggest is passing a law that BANS any NOMADIC activity in the/any state. I.e, any cow seen on the road/street/farmland(s) MUST/SHOULD be SHOT at and this includes the controller/nomad. New Zealand, Netherlands, Australia, US, Argentina, Brazil etc didn't become the top dairy/beef producers through nomadic farming and roaming the environment. Beef raising and dairy production is a private business.

Additionally, the government should as a matter of urgency empower vigilante groups even if it includes African juju. Desperate times deserves desperate measures. Your beef(not beaf grin) analogy wouldn't work, goat meat is expensive and not everyone loves sea food.

8 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by mayorkyzo: 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
I wonder why buhari is mute on this issue..its beats mine and everybody's imagination...I personally believe these herdsmen are acting a planned script...these are well timed and executed attacks...they are not random..we down south need to sit up...take up arms and defend ourselves...we can't continue to wait for the federal govt...

10 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by castrogee(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
PapaBrowne:
My take is this:

Its time for us to wake up and decide a clear cut strategy to protect ourselves.

Rather than rant on social media, we need real strategies. Anybody waiting on a Buhari's protection is wasting his time.
The perpertuators are on a well calculated genocidal mission. And you know what, they have a clear cut strategy. And they are working hard and fast at it. What they are currently doing is testing the will of southerners. They've done it in the middle belt, nothing stops them from doing it down south.

Rather than rant on social media, we have to start discussing real ways to protect these villages.

Over 600 years ago, the Binis built a Moat around the city to protect itself from invaders. Isn't it a shame that in this era of technology, we(not Government, but we the people)can't even come up with a simple strategy to confront this menace as well as protect ourselves??

Operation Boycott Beef.
Everyday you eat beef, you are putting funds in the hands of the genocidal perpetrators to buy ammunition to kill your people. If 10 Million southerners boycott beef, even if for the next 3 months, the cattle industry will feel the bite immensely and the leadership would be forced to act.
This is the simplest most impactful action that can deal a healthy blow to the murderous gang of herdsmen.

As an Igbo guy my heart is filled with heaviness over this incident. But, like you rightly said, I believe it is better to die fighting than to die for nothing. I honestly believe our people should bein immediately to form armed brigades and deal ruthlessly with any invader. I can confirm to you that this will not be the last we've heard of this type of incident. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Luckylife(m): 9:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
If this findings are true , you can imagine the level of these evil conspiracy by the Ogas at the top . The God we save never sleeps nor slumber, with the power of Almighty God which the south serve , may the worst plaques befall all the enemies of Christians and southerners Amen. we need actions and prayers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Beremx(f): 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari gives me reasons every time why i regretted voting and campaigning for him.

just imagine him not taking national issues seriously. I am so angry right now.

nobody should just quote me!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by cktheluckyman: 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:
President Muhammadu Buhari gives me reasons every time why i regretted voting and campaigning for him.

What did you expect? His antecedents were always there for people to know how he will turn out!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by pacino26(m): 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
If this is true, then I blame the governor. He has in his entourage half a platoon of soldiers, mobile police and DSS officers. So are now he needs presidential directive to prevent an attack. He is the cso of the state he should be at the front line and not bullying road users with his motorcade.

The state house should as a matter of urgency institute the ENUGU VIGILANTE SERVICE.

Arm them to work with the community just like Anambra.

Helpless indeed!

9 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Alokendra(m): 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
On thing I still don't get ;

There are Yorubas, Ibos, Ijaws, Benues in the DSS, police, army and all. But why would this people let themselves be used as guinea pigs to unleash mayhem on their kinsmen, and they ain't saying anything. These ass licking is appalling.
Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:

There is something really wrong with you. Are you happy now, your own people are now killed like chicken while your demi-god remains mute...... I hope you are happy now.

I really, really want to insult you so bad, but i've simply come to the realisation, you aren't worth it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by omenka(m): 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:

And you believe the "facebook" post up there

5 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Beremx(f): 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2016
omenka:
I am not writing based on the Facebook post. Buhari's silence on his kinsman's attacks is annoying.

I dey vex seriously!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by castrogee(m): 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:

Sorry for breaking your instructions.

One thing I want you to know is that life is a learning process, it's nEver too late to learn something. Also, I want u to always look at the both sides of a coin before making any decision. Some of us know Buhari too well, and we were warning people against this man, but people like you on the other side of the isle ignored us completely without any consideration and voted for Buhari. Well, we are just seeing the results, and don't even think for a moment that things are somehow going to get better, to be honest it will get worst.

Jonathan wasn't perfect, but he sure as hell was better than Buhari, like I said you shouldn't light your hair on fire over your decisions, you should just learn from them and move on. One of my uncles campaigned vigorously for Buhari, including spending his own money, I tell you since January the guy has been in pains. Just see this as a lesson and think thoroughly before making any decision/s.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by vivalavida(m): 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:

U did ur best campaining for the mofo

U wont help him rule. His failure is for himself cuz he sought the office.

Thank God ur finally acting like an igbo woman. Motherhood is good

10 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by slam7000(m): 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:

Stop wailing and be happy. Buhari is doing the job you elected him for. Give him your support and be ready to cast your vote for him in the next presidential election.

The next Fulani attack will be in your village and Rochas will lead them there.

5 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by omenka(m): 10:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:
I am not writing based on the Facebook post. Buhari's silence on his kinsman's attacks is annoying.

I dey vex seriously!
Calm down woman! cheesycheesy

There are a lot of hidden stuffs to this whole Fulani episode. Remember, not everyone who walks with a staff and a few cattle, wearing plastic shoes with baggy trousers are "Fulani herdsmen".

Not saying they don't, but a part of me tells me there's an angle to this stuff that isn't in the public domain yet.

Time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Almajiri1: 10:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
This is the REAL dogs and baboons blood being socked that buhari talked about! Is Buhari a vampire that survives on blood? How come 500 armed men gathered and moved around successfully without intelligence getting to know? What is the bigger picture we are not seeing presently?

Shiite massacre? grazing bill? Fulani onslaught? buhari silent body language? army always on time to stop reprisal attacks? what next tomorrow? my fear is that very few humans will be alive in Nigeria to vote out Buhari by 2019.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Beremx(f): 10:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
omenka:
Calm down woman! cheesycheesy

There are a lot of hidden stuffs to this whole Fulani episode. Remember, not everyone who walks with a staff and a few cattle, wearing plastic shoes with baggy trousers are "Fulani herdsmen".

Not saying they don't, but a part of me tells me there's an angle to this stuff that isn't in the public domain yet.

Time will tell.
whoever they are, the government should fish them out. Enough is enough!!
Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by malton: 10:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by omenka(m): 10:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:
whoever they are, the government should fish them out. Enough is enough!!
Aunty Bee, I haf hear. I go make sure I tell Baba.

Now calm down small mbok. Shoo. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by EemeritusMbam: 10:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
PapaBrowne:
My take is this:

Operation Boycott Beef.

God bless you. Though, I dont believe that facebook post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by OfoIgbo: 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
I really do thank my Anambra people for ensuring Buhari carted away those Bokos he planted in the Ekwulobia prison.
Buhari would have organised a jailbreak for them, and supplied them with arms to be causing mayhem in Anambra right about now.

I know Buhari is gunning for Anambra, but needs to subjugate Enugu first, and using it as a landing base for his terrorists.

Obasanjo tried to mess with Anambra and failed
Buhari tried to introduce BokoHaram in Anambra and failed
If Buhari does not retrace his steps, Anambra will be his Waterloo.

Anyway, there should really be an inquiry to investigate these happenings in the NASS, and help to reveal those who failed in their sworn duties of protecting the citizenry.
Those found culpable should be impeached, with criminal cases following immediately after.

3 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Beremx(f): 10:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
omenka:
Aunty Bee, I haf hear. I go make sure I tell Baba.

Now calm down small mbok. Shoo. cheesy
ok dear, time to sleep. grin
Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by omenka(m): 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
Beremx:
ok dear, time to sleep. grin
Now you are talking. Say me hi to that plump ajebo. smiley
Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
The people who voted change have seen nothing yet.

One week after Abia state governor refuted claims made by DSS Abuja that Abia has 50 open graves where 5 kidnapped fulani men were also buried, Abia governor convoy was attacked in Aba.

What a democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
omenka:

The local govt chairman who is a retired military officer got wind of the attack 24 hours before it happened and called a meeting which even the head of the fulani in Enugu state attended.

So the governor had prior information.

Prepare for ur turn.

5 Likes

Re: Timeline Of Events In Enugu Gov. Office Prior To The Herdsmen's Attack by kettykin: 10:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
PapaBrowne:
My take is this:

Operation Boycott Beef.

I feel your pain so much, I personally stopped eating meat January this year but can our fellow igbos boycott cow meat? Sometimes I feel igbos learnt nothing from the first civil war which is making them repeat the line of mistakes, if you go to uzo uwani you would see that cow meat must have been slaughtered, sold, consumed.

Another thing that erks me is how an emergency security meeting has not been summoned by south eastern governors who look too confused to know what to do now, a very strong communique should have been issued against Fulani herdsmen activities while the south east legislatures should have started preparing to assist pass bills banning any form of herdsmen activities in the state.

I recently posted how unprepared the south east is to contain this dislocation only for people to call me antigbo.

Igbos should quietly and quickly prepare for war, the president is too daft and uninformed to call the fulani herdsmen to order

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Nigeria Is Broken Into Components, Northern Nigeria Will Be Poorest- Sanusi / Check Out This Amazing Made In Aba Double Decker Bed (photo) / Nnamdi Kanu & Deji: The Start Of A Much Needed Embrace Between Igbo & Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.