Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,549 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Do Parents Have A Favorite Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Parents Have A Favorite Child? (546 Views)

Do Parents Have A Say In Our Financial Matters? / Do You Have A Favorite Child? / How Do Parents Cope With Intellectually Impaired Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Parents Have A Favorite Child? by ItuExchange(m): 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
Yes, I have a favorite child. In fact, I have two.

I have sons, one 21, the other, 16. I'm not sure it's possible to quantify love. I do know I love both of them with my whole heart. I do, however, have situational favorites.

I love to watch movies with the little one. The big one is always asking questions about what's going on in the movie. "I love you, Son, but shut up and watch the movie. You have a brain the size of a planet. Use it."

I love talking with my firstborn about what's going on in his life. He's 21, and a Junior at UCLA. He has a long-term girlfriend. He told me that I won the cool boyfriend's parent award. He and his girlfriend enjoy dinner with me, my partner and the little brother. I don't lecture them. I treat them like the bright engaging young adults they are. Apparently, not so much with my ex or with the girlfriend's parents.

I love going out to dinner with the little one. We like the same restaurants and more often than not, we'll order the same item on the menu.

I enjoy my youngest's sense of humor. He, my partner and I have the same senses of humor. We can never go wrong with a "that's what she said" line. My beloved and I used to try to hide our TWSS thoughts until we realized that, in his mind, he'd beaten us to the punchline. Bright kid. No poker face.

I love talking with my oldest about his love life. I've been giving him (age appropriate) sex talks since he was a fetus. Now, they're bearing fruit. Because he knows my gender history, he knows that I know what it's like to be a teenage boy experiencing first love and discovering sex for the first time.

He also trusts me to speak from the woman's perspective. He tells me what he gets up to. He asks questions. He pretends to listen to my answers.

I do love both my children differently, but I also love them equally. Completely.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Do-parents-have-a-favorite-child-1

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: Do Parents Have A Favorite Child? by tpiah11: 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
some do, some dont, some dont, some do.

To each his own.
Re: Do Parents Have A Favorite Child? by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 27, 2016
Favourites are the curse of being human. I had 20 t-shirts but all my pictures taken at different times of the year were of me in one particular t-shirt. If out of 20 options I had only one favourite then I can't imagine how it feels for parents.

Best solution is birthing only one offspring.

(1) (Reply)

Our Role In Eliminating Domestic Violence from Our Society** / Who And Who Did This In His/her Childhood Days / How To Discipline Indomie Age Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.