Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Our Role In Eliminating Domestic Violence from Our Society** - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Role In Eliminating Domestic Violence from Our Society** (548 Views)

“domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage / Lagos Launches 6820, Short Service Code To Report Domestic Violence, Child Abuse / Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Role In Eliminating Domestic Violence from Our Society** by omauchay(f): 5:21pm On May 13, 2016
Hi all....lots of things are just racing through my head about this domestic violence issue everywhere. Yes, everyone is lamenting about it but we really haven't considered how to stop it, reduce it or the role one has to play to have a society free from this vice in the nearest future. I would like to use this medium to educate us on this; both single and married.
60% of domestic violence started from the childhood. A violent man was once a violent child. I want to appeal to parents especially mothers to pay more attention to their children.Providing for them materially is not just enough, you should be able to nurse the formation of their character because this is the first step and will determine how they will become in future.
There are some characters a child will exhibit, you shouldn't just fold hands and watch/ ignore. For example ;hot temper : I hear some mothers make comments like, this my boy is very hot tempered, they even laugh over it with friends even the child hears it and feel he is being praised Meanwhile the mother should have taken actions both physically and prayerfully to get to the child letting him know that hot temper is bad. I once watched a little boy of 6 slap his younger sister, the mum asked why, he proudly said she took his drawing book. Mum simply carried the crying girl consoling and telling her not to take her brothers book again not even a word of caution for the boy..
In my opinion, it all starts little.He keeps doing this and grows to be a potential woman beater.so parents your role is enviable in this, start training ur boy child with good morales. It is not of place for you to some times tell ur boy child to allow the girl child enter the car first before he enters and closes the door.When the girl falls on the ground by mistake while running or playing, you may sometimes ask the male to help his sister up and dust her cloth. When they re rushing for something, if the boy is older, u may occasionally tell the boy to calm down and that ladies should go first.
All these may look insignificant but trust me it's very powerful and works on the boy's psyche. The boy should understand that being a boy is not about physical strength even his strength should be used to protect not to abuse***.
Another reason we have kids that turn out violent when they grow is things we expose them to. Pls parents if you re ever having an indecent argument or verbal fight which involves raising voices, pls make sure ur kids are not around you..if they are, u can ask them to go to their rooms or better still take them away. YOUR kids should not see u quarreling. This is an unhealthy upbringing
Finally in other not to end up in an abusive relationship or marriage pls make enquires before saying I do", most young people ignore this. They ride on the fact that they hv dated for yrs and they love each other. grin love is a necessary criteria for marriage but don't be decieved by it. It is not the only prerequisite. #SAY NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE # GIVE YOUR BOY CHILD QUALITY CHARACTER FORMATION #

2 Likes

Re: Our Role In Eliminating Domestic Violence from Our Society** by johnson232: 8:58pm On May 13, 2016
Is there really anything parent can do about a child's temperament? it seem more of natural thing...
Re: Our Role In Eliminating Domestic Violence from Our Society** by omauchay(f): 10:51am On May 14, 2016
johnson232:
Is there really anything parent can do about a child's temperament? it seem more of natural thing...
yes...johnson...there is .to a reasonable extent..
Re: Our Role In Eliminating Domestic Violence from Our Society** by johnson232: 11:03am On May 14, 2016
omauchay:
yes...johnson...there is .to a reasonable extent..
how? because i strongly believe parents can't change or determine the child's temperamental style.
Re: Our Role In Eliminating Domestic Violence from Our Society** by evaZee: 2:11pm On May 14, 2016
[lquote author=johnson232 post=45609613]
how? because i strongly believe parents can't change or determine the child's temperamental style.[/quote] parents may not be able to change it completely, but they can nurture it, you can not say my child is hard hearted or wicked there is nothing I can do because is natural. There are a lot to do,

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Advice / Graco Baby Car Seat For Sale ( Used) / Advice - Dont Be Careless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.