Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,227 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Can A Bank Link Your Bvn Without Your Permission? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can A Bank Link Your Bvn Without Your Permission? (588 Views)

Woman Dies After Taking Permission From Office To Go The Market. Graphic Photos / Does Someone Loose His/her BVN When Closing Bank Account? / BVN Linking Issues: How To Effect Change Of Name In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Bank Link Your Bvn Without Your Permission? by Ayomipoe(m): 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
I have not used my GTB account in over a year, and today I got a message from them.
"
Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that the temporary restriction placed on your account has been removed following the successful linking of your Bank Verification Number (BVN) 2215*****90 to your account.
"
They have somehow added my BVN to the dormant account.
I don't like their bank is why I decided to forget them. My question is are banks allowed to add customers BVN without the permission of the account holder ?
Re: Can A Bank Link Your Bvn Without Your Permission? by papadjaji: 7:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
Go to the fast. It might be fraud related. Get your confirmation from the bank staff.
Re: Can A Bank Link Your Bvn Without Your Permission? by Ayomipoe(m): 7:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
I'm certain it's from GTB. They got the BVN exactly righ, I added to asterisks for my own privacy.
papadjaji:
Go to the fast. It might be fraud related. Get your confirmation from the bank staff.
Re: Can A Bank Link Your Bvn Without Your Permission? by Nova15: 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dear Op,

Yes they have the right to do so
Re: Can A Bank Link Your Bvn Without Your Permission? by MissSlimbody(f): 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ayomipoe:
I'm certain it's from GTB. They got the BVN exactly righ, I added to asterisks for my own privacy.
You better go to the bank fast... And stop this "They got the BVN exactly right"

They can only link your BVN with your permission.

The fact that whoever sent that message knows your BVN number, means that your other account(s) is(are) not safe.
Re: Can A Bank Link Your Bvn Without Your Permission? by Ayomipoe(m): 8:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
Really ? Why did they now request we should come and fill it ourselves ?
Nova15:
Dear Op,

Yes they have the right to do so
Re: Can A Bank Link Your Bvn Without Your Permission? by Nova15: 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ayomipoe:
Really ? Why did they now request we should come and fill it ourselves ?

Because its easier and less stressful that way

(1) (Reply)

Abraham Lincoln Vs John F Kennedy, A Coincidence Or An Act Of God / Abeg Which Kind Of Barn Is This Till 2026 Seun Come Oooh / History Of Osama Bin Laden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.