Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? (8075 Views)

N-power 2017: Re-apply If You Registered On N-power Portal Before June 15 / N-Power: 753,307 Graduates Apply In 5 Days / Re-apply If You Have Applied Before Lagos State Neighborhood Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Mbkite(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
Is there anything wrong if one should re-apply to a firm that retrenched one, if there is a suitable vacancy at the time? Assuming one was retrenched due to the tough economy and not basically for any offence.
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by wordbank(m): 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
Personally, I won't
But if the economy is now good for them and bad for you
U may apply

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by sholay2011(m): 5:00am On Apr 28, 2016
No I won't.

1 Like

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by SafetyFirst(m): 7:14am On Apr 28, 2016
Some good Engineering companies retrenched staff in the heat of this economic meltdown, but things seem to be getting good now. If it's good, give it another try, but make yourself more indispensable. You can go for trainings, get certifications and improve yourself while at it.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Victorakats(m): 7:16am On Apr 28, 2016
Depends on so many factors.
What lead to them dropping you apart from the normal economic downturn of the company?
What's the internal politics in your company? Who are your ally and your enemies in the company?
If for example you have your enemies in the company, you should know better not to apply.
Because you are familiar with the system, the company may likely prize down your services "knowing that your economic growth may not be so great which brought you back to them". Of course HR will always exploit every avenue to go for cheaper labour with greater competency.
Finally, what's your purpose of applying? Career growth or financial growth? I know in Nigeria we are more financially conscious than we are of our career perhaps because of the realities in our country. This notwithstanding, a company that retrenched you may likely be the least to consider your career growth with the firm.
In all, follow your heart and explore every options that will make you stand out in your profession.

If you are troubled and need to talk to someone, kindly visit www.amaraofficial.com

3 Likes

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by lifestyle1(m): 7:16am On Apr 28, 2016
You no get shame ?

16 Likes

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Kockane(m): 7:17am On Apr 28, 2016
Nna... Did they use the place to swear for u? It's like toasting all over again, a girlfriend that left u for another man.

But on a serious note, it's not advisable. Being an old reject of the system (sorry to put it that way), they may not be very excited to take you back as every forward thinking firm would rather go after fresh faces, with new ideas, fresh energy, etc.

And in the unlikely event that they take you back, I won't expect that firm to have much regards for you, as they know however they treat you, you will always come back begging like a girl addicted to her abusive ex-boyfriend.

Last last Sha, half loaf is better than none, if it's your only option at the time, take it. But be on the look out for another job from your day one of your second stint!

All the best.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Yeecar(m): 7:18am On Apr 28, 2016
i wont! I would become self employed instead. Check my signature.
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Clarinett(m): 7:18am On Apr 28, 2016
ifffaaaaa hear
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 28, 2016
For me i can't
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Segadem(m): 7:20am On Apr 28, 2016
Yeecar:
i wont!
I would become self employed instead. Check my signature.
[size=14pt]self employed without no capital? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by lonelydora: 7:21am On Apr 28, 2016
No I can't. Why did they drop you in the first place? Your offer may not be as food as when you were then because they have already known your strength. Its better you opt for another place.

But Op, don't you have shame? I don't go back to my vomit.

1 Like

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by xynerise: 7:23am On Apr 28, 2016
That's shameful. Like going back to your slave master after being set free

1 Like

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 28, 2016
How long ago were you retrenched? If you were retrenched based on the harsh economic condition of the country, they would have called you back immediately things started looking up for them, unless your retrenchment was years ago and they've forgotten about you, in which case, you ought to have moved on.

I won't be surprised if you re-apply and they don't consider your application. I suggest yo move on and look elsewhere, unless you are so desperate. As for me, NEVER.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by macaranta(m): 7:24am On Apr 28, 2016
lifestyle1:
You no get shame ?

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by davidufuoma(m): 7:25am On Apr 28, 2016
What if it is a job you left because you want to further your education? And you are through wid ur nysc?
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 28, 2016
It depends on the relationship you had with the owners, at that time and whether you were an exceptional staff who had to leave for pressing reasons .

If the boss likes you no problem, but the relationship wasn't cordial forget it!! angry Trust me going back to a company you left can be demoralizing , unless the company was acquired by new owners.

1 Like

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by donholy28(m): 7:28am On Apr 28, 2016
Since u got fired...never re apply

1 Like

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 28, 2016
You were not dismissed it is okay. Some companies might value you more cause you reapplied meaning your loyalty lies with them.
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 28, 2016
It depends on the relationship you had with the owners, at that time and whether you were an exceptional staff who had to leave for pressing reasons .

If the boss likes you no problem, but the relationship wasn't cordial forget it!! angry Trust me going back to a company you left can be demoralizing , unless the company was acquired by new owners.

Personally I prefer you just move on, bosses tend to be spiteful when you leave their businesses.
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by olamds(m): 7:30am On Apr 28, 2016
As for Me Too Here I Will Not But I Was Called And I Think I Really Need Their Job Again I Will Go But Not To Beg Them.....I Will Come Back. More Trained On My Skills To Increase My Value From Them......
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Pavore9: 7:37am On Apr 28, 2016
l can't! ls my destiny tied to tie firm?
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 28, 2016
My uncle was retrenched from work few months ago, but recently the company called him on phone to come back for reemployment but he declined.. Is this a wise move from him ??
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by dayoungmoney1: 7:42am On Apr 28, 2016
I won't reapply, but I can go back if recalled.
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by darlenese(f): 7:42am On Apr 28, 2016
Haba!
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Egie4real: 7:43am On Apr 28, 2016
Mbkite:
Is there anything wrong if one should re-apply to a firm that retrenched one, if there is a suitable vacancy at the time? Assuming one was retrenched due to the tough economy and not basically for any offence.
Since you didn't leave as a result of offense committed, you can as well approach people there and see the possibility of you being recalled without necessarily applying afresh!
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by yomalex(m): 8:02am On Apr 28, 2016
It looks awkward. You can find other Jobs on www.tipsdome.com/category/jobs
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by ajuwarhodes(f): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2016
Yeecar:
i wont!
I would become self employed instead. Check my signature.

What's special about ur signature?
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Electronzeez(m): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2016
Dexter247:
My uncle was retrenched from work few months ago, but recently the company called him on phone to come back for reemployment but he declined.. Is this a wise move from him ??

If you ask him , he must have a valid reason for declining their offer . your uncle must have been retrench due to company politics .

Politics is key at ones work place . if you are not a member of any party or in alliance with anyone , a lot of different things would happen at your back .
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 28, 2016
In your own best interest, please do not reapply.
It would have been a different scenario if the management called you back.
If you reapply and they eventually consider you, there might be little or no room for negotiation and you might not even get the full benefits that you deserve among other things.
Please don't. I know times are hard but God will provide a better paying job for you.
Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by Lexusgs430: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2016
Mbkite:

You were retrenched for a reason or 2. Why go back and prove their assumptions?

1 Like

Re: Can You Re-apply In A Firm That Retrenched You? by BossDanniee(m): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest News On Npower Batch C Stream 1 Payment Today / Please Disregard This Message From RG-Energy / Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) International Latest Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.