Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

Herdsmen: When Working 'silently' Is 'silently' Insulting-Samuel Ajayi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen: When Working 'silently' Is 'silently' Insulting-Samuel Ajayi (430 Views)

Samuel Ajayi; Speak On Biafra! / FG working “silently” to resolve herdsmen/farmers clashes – Lai Mohammed / When Emotions Rule Over Reason, The Society Suffers- Samuel Ajayi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen: When Working 'silently' Is 'silently' Insulting-Samuel Ajayi by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
I read the minister of information, Lai Mohammed, yesterday saying that the government is "silently' working behind the scene to deal with Fulani herdsmen menace. This was not only insulting but a reflection of a confused band of administrators obviously at the crossroads. While I do not believe the balderdash that Gov. Ugwuanyi was put on hold when trying to reach the president, I also wonder if there is any sane society where the leadership will tell the led that it is dealing with an issue like this silently. At times, I think these guys always believe we can swallow anything they puke out!
First, the issue here is about EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION TO PEOPLE IN DISTRESS. While they mourn the dead, tend the wounded, repair the broken and recover the lost, there is need for reassurances from somewhere that carry both political and moral weight that they are not alone. Such soothing words go a long way to comfort the bereaved, console the robbed, assuage frayed feelings and calm worked up nerves! Such words can only come from the president.
I think most of us still remember the infamous "I don't have to be here" statement by former President Obasanjo in January 2002 during the armoury depot explosions. Guess we all remember the reaction of the people then.
Now to the issue of dealing with the issue silently. It is pure mischief. Let me ask this question: why is the government not fighting corruption silently? There was a time in the life of this administration that if any top official did not talk of corruption, then that official did not know his job. He had to abuse the past government, insult the former president, talk of "monumental corruption" and how "corruption is fighting back". Everyday, we heard of bogus after bogus figures. Secondly, why is the government not dealing with the power issue silently? Why is it not dealing with fuel issue silently? Why not pursuing the Grazing Bill silently? One can go on.
To me, dealing with the herdsmen issue "silently" is tantamount to doing nothing. So much energy has been expended on the Grazing Bill. But a quarter of it has not been expended on the menace of the herdsmen.
So let Minister Lai keep his peace. Even if something is being done "silently", show sympathy to those at the receiving end of these attacks. And only the president can do that.
Is that too much to ask?

https://m.facebook.com/amoniarita.stewart/posts/1306063952741008

Cc
Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: When Working 'silently' Is 'silently' Insulting-Samuel Ajayi by SeverusSnape(m): 9:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
Buhari is simply a terrorist, Don't expect anything like security from him.
Re: Herdsmen: When Working 'silently' Is 'silently' Insulting-Samuel Ajayi by nnachukz(m): 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
Boko Haram have just been given a new job which is what we are witnessing as herdsmen attack.
Re: Herdsmen: When Working 'silently' Is 'silently' Insulting-Samuel Ajayi by nnachukz(m): 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
I saw this on Facebook.... I cant verify. So judge for yourselves
3. This call was made in the presence of 13 men and 4 women, the president aid (aide)told the Governor that the president will get back to him.
4.The president through his aid(aide) after 4 hrs told Enugu state governor that the president will do something about it.
5. "...Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi on hearing that the police have not arrived at Uzouwani called GOC 82 division for help. He was refereed to the presidency again.
6. This time around, he was put on hold for nearly 2 hrs again, while waiting to speak to the president. News came in that the attack he was planning to prevent has actually taken place.
7. Within an hour, the commissioner and GOC who refereed the Governor to the president has mobilised their men to stop retaliation. The same way Lagos and Agatu was attacked and retaliation prevented.
We need to know why police commissioner and GOC need presidency order before they can protect the innocent citizens?.
We need to know - why police and military sent their men to Uzouwani after the attack to prevent retaliation?.
We need to know why a sitting Governor cannot use the support of police and military to protect his people?.
Re: Herdsmen: When Working 'silently' Is 'silently' Insulting-Samuel Ajayi by doublewisdom: 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
Na wah.

(1) (Reply)

I Love Nigeria / May Day: Gov. Obiano Promises Salary Increase / NNPC, PETAN To Certify Nigerian Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.