Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam (11386 Views)

Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? / April Fool And Some Other Non-permissible Jokes In Islam (summary) / Seeking Treatment From Witchcraft And Ignorant People Is Not Permissible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Newnas(m): 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
Plucking Eyebrows

This is a topic we just want to avoid or hope it would go away although, not thinking about it does not mean that the Hukm (order/ruling) isn't there [and doesn't exist]. And you know what? It is sad to say that 90% of our sisters are guilty of doing it.

But dear Sister, have you really thought about it?
What does Islam REALLY say about shaping the eyebrows?

'Plucking of women's eyebrows is not permissible. The Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ cursed the one who does it. It is Haram and is not permitted.'

The Evidence

Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰعنه said: I heard the Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ say:

ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) has CURSED* the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows and the one who has it done, and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى).
[Bukhari & Muslim]

*Cursed means 'cast out from the Mercy of ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى). It is the Mercy of ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) that makes a person to enter Paradise. He/she who is out cast from the Mercy will not enter it. The curse is not permanent but it is lifted when a person sincerely repents to ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) for this mistake. So one should not feel doomed because they committed this mistake when they were in days of Jahiliyyah (ignorance).

Removing or plucking the eyebrows implies changing the creation of ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) , as ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) tells us that the Shaytan said:

"...and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى)."
[Noble Quran 4:119]

Ad-Da'wah I'LLALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى)

#Note: This prohibition is not restricted to women only. The women were addressed primarily because it's rampant among them unlike men. So a man who does this act might have more punishment than women.

Allah knows best.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Bimpe29: 10:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jazakallahu khair, may we be rightly guided always.

7 Likes

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Kreamie(m): 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
Plucking? Na feather? Abi na fruit? grin

I'm tired of these ladies and shaving off their brows and replacing them with Arik air's logo...So Allah (SWT) no sabi wetin HIM dey do Abi?

Smh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Mudash(m): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
Subuhanallilahi
Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Mudash(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
Subuhanallilahi. I pray they listen

1 Like

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Proffdada: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
Laughing in Japanese, French and egun simultaneously grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by abdulaz: 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
May Allah forgive our sins, both the known and the unknown, ameen.

2 Likes

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
even the so called Alhaja's do it.. i guess we are all sinners then.
Astagfurlahi!!

Btw,listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/

1 Like

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Catalyst4real: 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
This kind of topic making front page? These mods are losing it

1 Like

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Saheed69(m): 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jazakaallhu khyran, a nice message for both brothers and sisters. May Allah increase our knowledge
Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by speciallymade(m): 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
I hope our sisters learn from this... May Allah forgive our shortcomings
Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by speciallymade(m): 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Catalyst4real:
what is wrong in it making front page?

5 Likes

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by smileyz16(m): 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
Proffdada:
Laughing in Japanese, French and egun simultaneously grin grin grin
may Allah guide u

5 Likes

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by dinoyi2: 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
[quote author=Proffdada post=45154278][/quote] sorry
Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by ratchy: 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
Alhamdulilah I don't pluck my eyebrows

cool cool cool
Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by skup008(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jazakalahu khair
Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by wallmosh: 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jazakumullakhayra.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by huntax(m): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
What about men and shaving of the temple hair? We all do it at the barber's, we call it frictioning.

2 Likes

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by ochallo: 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
I hope you know that holy books were written by men and in most cases reflect what the prophet perceives to guide the people to act a certain way that gives them identity.

If you really think God would punish you because you pluck out your eyebrows then you don't even know God.

8 Likes

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by whemmytopsy(m): 4:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
ochallo:
I hope you know that holy books were written by men and in most cases reflect what the prophet perceives to guide the people to act a certain way that gives them identity.

If you really think God would punish you because you pluck out your eyebrows then you don't even know God.
I pray Allah s.w.t guide you to the right path. The noble prophet s.a.w was never the type that says something out of his own perception but rather of what his lord has commanded him to say.I pray Allah make us a better individual and a better muslim. amin.

8 Likes

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by MarysMeal: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
Newnas:
Plucking Eyebrows

This is a topic we just want to avoid or hope it would go away although, not thinking about it does not mean that the Hukm (order/ruling) isn't there [and doesn't exist]. And you know what? It is sad to say that 90% of our sisters are guilty of doing it.

But dear Sister, have you really thought about it?
What does Islam REALLY say about shaping the eyebrows?

'Plucking of women's eyebrows is not permissible. The Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ cursed the one who does it. It is Haram and is not permitted.'

The Evidence

Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰعنه said: I heard the Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ say:

ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) has CURSED* the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows and the one who has it done, and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى).
[Bukhari & Muslim]

*Cursed means 'cast out from the Mercy of ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى). It is the Mercy of ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) that makes a person to enter Paradise. He/she who is out cast from the Mercy will not enter it. The curse is not permanent but it is lifted when a person sincerely repents to ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) for this mistake. So one should not feel doomed because they committed this mistake when they were in days of Jahiliyyah (ignorance).

Removing or plucking the eyebrows implies changing the creation of ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) , as ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) tells us that the Shaytan said:

"...and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى)."
[Noble Quran 4:119]

Ad-Da'wah I'LLALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى)

#Note: This prohibition is not restricted to women only. The women were addressed primarily because it's rampant among them unlike men. So a man who does this act might have more punishment than women.

Allah knows best.

What about those who are born deaf and they go for cochlear implant so as to hear again?

What about those who have some deformation in a certain part of their body and they go for corrective surgery?

1 Like

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Newnas(m): 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
MarysMeal:

What about those who are born deaf and they go for cochlear implant so as to hear again?

What about those who have some deformation in a certain part of their body and they go for corrective surgery?

You have asked a beautiful question.

It's permissible to alter the features and forms of the body for medical and therapeutic reasons because in reality you are not changing the creation rather you are returning it to its normal form or close to it's normal form.

Examples are breast filling, emptying or complete removal for cancer treatment .

Plastic surgery on the face or other parts of the body for medical sake.

Painting the teeth for medical reasons, or attaching legs for medical reasons.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by olayinka63: 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jazakumullahu khayra
Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Onezie(f): 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jazakhallahu khayr. Nice write up
Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Azumy(f): 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
Catalyst4real:
so watelse shld make FP ? all dis vain talks ryt? May God guide us aryt.

3 Likes

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by xage(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2016
Jazkallahu khaira @op
Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Newnas(m): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Azumy:
so watelse shld make FP ? all dis vain talks ryt?! May God guide us aryt.

Exactly my sister!!! Vain and non beneficial talks of a celebrity buying new shirt, cooking at home, being nude etc.

Please what is the benefit of those crap to the development of this country?!

It's high time the youths of this nation started reasoning in a better manner.

Allahulmusta'aan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 01, 2016
Let me just add in case there are sisters wondering what they can do if their eyebrows are bushy and thick and brushing it doesn't make it look neat. You could dye them a similar color to the skin or you could just simply use a concealer around the edges.The scholars did differ on this so you might want to look more into arguments on both sides .

Hair between the eyebrows also don't come under the heading of eyebrows and can be removed.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / La Ilaha Illa Allah: It's Meaning And Implication / Silence Is Betrayal #houlamassacre #syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.