Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

We Need More Banks In Futo -futo Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Need More Banks In Futo -futo Students (839 Views)

Four Final Year FUTO Students Design A Campus Surveillance Drone (video) / Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) / Exam Hall & Condition In FUTO (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Need More Banks In Futo -futo Students by picasso4u(m): 3:19am On Apr 28, 2016
It is really appalling that a Federal University of technology with a population of over 30,000 has just only one bank with four ATMs (2 working ) serving it. What we don't understand is why the school management has continued leaving diamond bank to enjoy monopoly in the school at the detriment of its students and staff. Students now spend #300 just to go to town and withdraw when we have people calling themselves SUG.

For two weeks now, Futo students have gone to social media to protest and have flooded facebook and twitter with hash tags such as #MoreBanksInFuto.

Pls, we plead that the school should do something about this urgently. I pasted this here because I understand the power of Nairaland.

The mods should please help put this on front page so it can get its deserved attention.

#SayNoToMonopoly
#WeNeedMoreBanksInFuto

Re: We Need More Banks In Futo -futo Students by picasso4u(m): 3:25am On Apr 28, 2016
1) students crowded at the ATM
2) students lined up to enter the bank
3) exhausted students waiting for their turn to reach at the ATM

Reactions of some students

I don't have any money left on me. I haven't even eaten because I can't withdraw -James, EVT

Imagine, I've been here for 4 hours and yet I can't even withdraw. There have been no network for 2 hours now - Uche, AST

I was sent out of the exam hall because I haven't paid my fees but the money is in my account and yet, I can't access it - Paul, IMT

I spent #300 to go to Ecobank in obinze just to withdraw #1000. Imagine - Anthony, MME

What we don't understand is why Ecobank, whose structure was completed beside this diamond bank 3 years ago hasn't started operations till now.

The said Diamond bank hasn't in anyway contributed to the social welfare of the students despite the fact that every Futo students has an account with them.

#WeNeedMoreBanksInFuto

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Veterinary Teaching Hospital Set For Commissioning. / Delta State Poly, Ogwashi-uku / National Open University Nigeria (PGDE Student)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.