Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:37 AM

Hero Dog Sacrifies His Life Saving 7 People From Earthquake - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hero Dog Sacrifies His Life Saving 7 People From Earthquake (699 Views)

Mali Welcomes Mamoudou Gassama As A Hero (Photos) / U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday,  Killing 7 People On Board / Huge Earthquake Hits Buildings In Mexico, Killing Over 200 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hero Dog Sacrifies His Life Saving 7 People From Earthquake by alaroyeibadan(m): 7:53am On Apr 28, 2016
A yellow Labrador perished from sheer exhaustion after rescuing seven people trapped in the wreckage of a catastrophic 7.8 magnitude earthquake that hit the city of Pedarnales in Equador last week.

The 4-year-old rescue dog named Dayko has been hailed a hero for aiding the Ibarra Fire service in searching for survivors in the wake of the devastation—a duty he has been fulfilling for three-and-a-half years.

According to a Facebook post from Ibara Fire service’s page, the courageous mutt suddenly collapsed during search operations and eventually died from “massive coronary myocardial infarction and acute respiratory failure”

Rescue officials present at the scene tried their hardest to revive the heroic pup, but their efforts remained futile.
Hero dog dies from exhaustion 2

Firefighters who worked closely with Dayko, meanwhile, echoed their sentiments for their resilient friend, as per reports from The Telegraph.
“This four legged friend gave his life in the line of duty. Thank you Dayko for your heroic efforts in Pedernales and in various emergencies where you were present,” said one of their representatives.
“You held high the name of the K9 unit”.
The April 16 earthquake is one of the most devastating calamities in the country’s recent history, and has reportedly claimed the lives of at least 654 people while leaving 2,000 others wounded.

Ecuador’s President Rafael Correa, meanwhile, said reconstruction could cost billions of dollars and the impact on economic growth “could be huge.”

http://naijabrain.com/385-2/

Re: Hero Dog Sacrifies His Life Saving 7 People From Earthquake by haryodejy(m): 8:00am On Apr 28, 2016
let me book space here
Re: Hero Dog Sacrifies His Life Saving 7 People From Earthquake by Dayshow: 8:06am On Apr 28, 2016
I don folo book space. because i know where we dey go
Re: Hero Dog Sacrifies His Life Saving 7 People From Earthquake by izuch(m): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2016
"Pepper soup things!" If it was in cross river
Re: Hero Dog Sacrifies His Life Saving 7 People From Earthquake by dblaisepascal(m): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2016
R.I.P dawg.... Calabar guys will be damn so dissapointed embarassed''' wasted meat
Re: Hero Dog Sacrifies His Life Saving 7 People From Earthquake by AIG07: 8:35am On Apr 28, 2016
An hero indeed!

What a befitting burial!

Very soon a monument will be built in its name.

I hope one day our country will learn to celebrate and appreciate both human and animal heroics.
Re: Hero Dog Sacrifies His Life Saving 7 People From Earthquake by Luckylife(m): 9:24am On Apr 28, 2016
Can some tribesmen learn and understand how a dog value the lives of human even sacrificing his life to save human. Political ambition or any animals like cow don't worth the life of any Nigeria citizens!
Re: Hero Dog Sacrifies His Life Saving 7 People From Earthquake by Poseidon000: 1:18am On May 02, 2016
AIG07:
An hero indeed!

What a befitting burial!

Very soon a monument will be built in its name.

I hope one day our country will learn to celebrate and appreciate both human and animal heroics.
[size=13pt]
E be lyk say you smoke ukwuale igbo. Lol.

Funny guy. Na naija you dey expect to celebrate animal, when we nova even celebrate quarter of people wey deserve celebration. Abi na the kind of celebration fulani dey display you want?

Mehn, I jealous dis kind of your 'Hope'. grin
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Watch How White US Police Shot A Dog For Defending Its Black Owner / US Presidential Election 2016 - Voters Speaks / Michelle Obama Popular Choice 2020 - Americans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.