Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. (630 Views)

Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) / Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. / Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by abolore80(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2016
Hello guys, please there's a howling sound coming from the hood/front side of my Honda shuttle. I have changed the hub, but sound still persist. It becomes very noisy from 60kph upwards. It reduces as the speed comes down and also increases as the speed increases and it becomes very noisy between 80-100kph. What could be the cause of this noise as I have change the hub. Guys please let's solve this. Sienna, Gazzuz, et al...
Re: Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 28, 2016
From your description of the symptoms, I would say your car's got a worn wheel bearing.
Re: Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by AutoJoshNG: 11:18am On Apr 28, 2016
abolore80:
Hello guys, please there's a howling sound coming from the hood/front side of my Honda shuttle. I have changed the hub, but sound still persist. It becomes very noisy from 60kph upwards. It reduces as the speed comes down and also increases as the speed increases and it becomes very noisy between 80-100kph. What could be the cause of this noise as I have change the hub. Guys please let's solve this. Sienna, Gazzuz, et al...

Hello Abolore80,

The problem is most likely your tire or the wheel bearing. Your tire may have an uneven wear due to imbalance. Make sure you do wheel balancing and alignment if the tires are changed.

It could also be from the transmission due to low oil, blocked oil filter or damaged gear/bearing inside the transmission. However, this is unlikely.

Finally, ensure your wheels look straight to the naked eye, they must not have camber angles.

Autojoshng
Re: Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by abolore80(m): 6:48am On Apr 29, 2016
Thanks Sienna, will check the wheel bearing out. However, let me ask this question. Is the wheel bearing attached to the hub. Remember I've changed the hub and the noise still persist. Or where is the wheel bearing situated?
Re: Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by AutoJoshNG: 10:00am On Apr 29, 2016
abolore80:
Thanks Sienna, will check the wheel bearing out. However, let me ask this question. Is the wheel bearing attached to the hub. Remember I've changed the hub and the noise still persist. Or where is the wheel bearing situated?

Hello Abolore80,

The wheel bearing is usually attached to the hub but we don't know if hub you got came with the wheel bearing. Most tokunbo hub comes with the wheel bearing but some still remove it. However, you have to buy a separate wheel bearing if you got a new hub.

Autojoshng
Re: Howling Sound From The Front Of A Honda Shuttle. by abolore80(m): 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
@Autojoshng thanks, will find out from the mechanic if the new hub we got came with a bearing or whether he used the previous bearing on the new hub. That will lead us somewhere. Will get back to you as soon as I find out.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Airbag Control Of Sienna 2000 Model / China's Transit Elevated Bus Debuts At Beijing Intel High Tech Expo / Honda Accord 2004 i4 Transmission Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.