Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Child Indoctrination - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Child Indoctrination (5914 Views)

Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Religious Hypnosis & Indoctrination:the Genocidal Faiths Of Christians & Islam / Norway CPS Seizes 5 Children against Christian radicalism and indoctrination.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
Konnichiwa everyone.

Today i would like us to discuss about child indoctrination . instilling beliefs in children from when they are able to talk . that is

For a christian . telling a child that jesus died for his or her sins. He walked on water . and disbelief in him results in hell. Etc

For a muslim . telling ur child mohammad is the messenger. Islam is the only way to h3aven and other religion s are false . etc

For irreligious people but god believers . telling ur child about god and how he should be worshipped and how xtianity and islam and other religions are crazy religions.

Now

My take on this is it isnt appropriate to tell a child about this stuffs yet because their minds are simply not ready enough to understand this. Why not wait for that child to reach an age where he or she is old enough rather than instilling belief systems upon them .

Why not let them reach an age where they can decide on their own.

Why not teach them how to think for themselves.

A child should not be called a Christian but the child of a xtian.

A child should not be called a muslim but rather the child of a muslim.

A child should not be called an atheist but rather the child of an atheist.

You wouldnt say because u are an apc supporter therefore ur child is an apc supporter .

Give that little soul a chance to decide for him or herself whether he believes in god or not.

Children are notoriously gullible.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Child Indoctrination by faithesco(f): 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hmmmm,what am I 2 say
Re: Child Indoctrination by opeaceo: 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ok, so they just attend Churches/Mosques/Temples or they just don't attend and you give them no reason for doing that??

You not to telling them those stuffs, it's like you not instilling morals in them and saying "ooh, their minds are not ready to understand/accept it".
Re: Child Indoctrination by ifenes(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
Give me a child until he is seven, and I will give you the man he will become.

Religious leaders are well aware of the vulnerability of the child brain, and the importance of getting the indoctrination in early.

3 Likes

Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
ifenes:
Give me a child until he is seven, and I will give you the man he will become.

Religious leaders are well aware of the vulnerability of the child brain, and the importance of getting the indoctrination in early.

And as if the indoctrination isnt enough. They also scare them with hell

1 Like

Re: Child Indoctrination by cloudgoddess(f): 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
I agree.

If childhood indoctrination suddenly became illegal, the major world religious would likely see a tremendous decline in adherents, if not total collapse within a few generations. This is because the powerful force of indoctrination is the only thing that keeps many people unquestioningly dedicated to their religions. Without it, people are free to explore science and other realms of thought, without guilt, fear of familial/societal rejection, religious bias clouding all their perceptions, or fear of hell - all which are just a few of the various factors that keep indoctrinated people subconsciously entrenched in & dedicated to their belief systems.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Child Indoctrination by ifenes(m): 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
urahara:

And as if the indoctrination isnt enough. They also scare them with hell

Safe to say most religious folks have been abused at some point.

2 Likes

Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
ifenes:

Safe to say most religious folks have been abused at some point.

And they are made to not see it that way.

2 Likes

Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
opeaceo:
Ok, so they just attend Churches/Mosques/Temples or they just don't attend and you give them no reason for doing that??

You not to telling them those stuffs, it's like you not instilling morals in them and saying "ooh, their minds are not ready to understand/accept it".

Telling them what stuff
Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
About y dey should or shouldnt go to places of worship or about the places of worship
Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
opeaceo:

I neva said u shldnt state reasons. I said dont just brainwash the child
Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
opeaceo:

Instilling morals can not be compared with instilling religion.

2 Likes

Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 3:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
"And as the capacity for believing is strongest in childhood, special care is taken to make sure of this tender age. This has much more to do with the doctrines of belief taking root than threats and reports of miracles. If, in early childhood, certain fundamental views and doctrines are paraded with unusual solemnity, and an air of the greatest earnestness never before visible in anything else; if, at the same time, the possibility of a doubt about them be completely passed over, or touched upon only to indicate that doubt is the first step to eternal perdition, the resulting impression will be so deep that, as a rule, that is, in almost every case, doubt about them will be almost as impossible as doubt about one's own existence."

— Arthur Schopenhauer, On Religion: A Dialogue

2 Likes

Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
cloudgoddess:
I agree.

If childhood indoctrination suddenly became illegal, the major world religious would likely see a tremendous decline in adherents, if not total collapse within a few generations. This is because the powerful force of indoctrination is the only thing that keeps many people unquestioningly dedicated to their religions. Without it, people are free to explore science and other realms of thought, without guilt, fear of familial/societal rejection, religious bias clouding all their perceptions, or fear of hell - all which are just a few of the various factors that keep indoctrinated people subconsciously entrenched in & dedicated to their belief systems.

So true

1 Like

Re: Child Indoctrination by Objectives: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
When I hear Nigerian parents say stuff like

"I really want my boy to have a mind of his own"

"I just want my girl to be strong and think independently"

"They should be able to stick to their guts, I don't want them to go mainstream"

I just laugh deep down because, they really don't mean it in the realistic sense of the above,

How can you wish that your child thinks independently and still try to indoctrinate them? Why not make available summarized materials for all religions and let them choose, Scary yea??

Is that not a clear case of thinking independently?

Why do they demonize, threaten, rebuke and flog mercilessly kids who don't want to be in religious gatherings because the idea of singing and reciting what they don't give a damn about just doesn't make any sense to them??

Why now kick against your wishes just because they are not within your control? Laughable,

But I see little progress, kids are beginning to grow up, decide for themselves and walk away if that's what they consider best for themselves,

Critical thinking is gradually coming up stage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 6:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
Objectives:
When I hear Nigerian parents say stuff like

"I really want my boy to have a mind of his own"

"I just want my girl to be strong and think independently"

"They should be able to stick to their guts, I don't want them to go mainstream"

I just laugh deep down because, they really don't mean it in the realistic sense of the above,

How can you wish that your child thinks independently and still try to indoctrinate them? Why not make available summarized materials for all religions and let them choose, Scary yea??

Is that not a clear case of thinking independently?

Why do they demonize, threaten, rebuke and flog mercilessly kids who don't want to be in religious gatherings because the idea of singing and reciting what they don't give a damn about just doesn't make any sense to them??

Why now kick against your wishes just because they are not within your control? Laughable,

But I see little progress, kids are beginning to grow up, decide for themselves and walk away if that's what they consider best for themselves,

Critical thinking is gradually coming up stage.

cool
Re: Child Indoctrination by Nobody: 2:36am On Apr 29, 2016
BEING AN ATHEIST HERE IN 9JA MEANS YOU WERE ABLE TO SURVIVE RELIGION AND BE ABLE TO SAY IS ENOUGH I REMEMBER MY MUM BEING SO RELIGIOUS ANY SMALL PROBLEM PASTOR ANY SMALL ILLNESS OLIVE OIL IS WHAT U WILL DRINK THAT DAY SHE'S STILL RELIGIOUS NOW SHA BUT ANY TIME I LOOK BK AT ALL THINGS IS JUST SO FUNNY MOST OF THE PROBLEMS WERE NOT EVEN SOLVED WELL SHA THAT'S 9JA FOR U..

2 Likes

Re: Child Indoctrination by Richirich713: 4:42am On Apr 29, 2016
That's just the way it is, people teach their kids what they believe is true.

Atheists be doing the same, evolutionists be doing it too. It's just the way it is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Child Indoctrination by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:20am On Apr 29, 2016
Richirich713:

Atheists be doing the same, evolutionists be doing it too. It's just the way it is.

The only sensible comment here . If an atheist's child runs home and tells him that his friends at school believe in God the creator of all things , trust me the atheist will try to convince the child that there is none . An evolutionist will try to convince his child that rats magically transformed to man . A Christian will try to convince his kid that indeed God is real .

True story , welcome to reality .

These atheists are dangerously hypocritical people.

THREAD CLOSED .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 8:47am On Apr 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The only sensible comment here . If an atheist's child runs home and tells him that his friends at school believe in God the creator of all things , trust me the atheist will try to convince the child that there is none . An evolutionist will try to convince his child that rats magically transformed to man . A Christian will try to convince his kid that indeed God is real .

True story , welcome to reality .

These atheists are dangerously hypocritical people.

THREAD CLOSED .

After the child of the atheist returns back from school. He or she should then be made to think for him or her self clearly. To decide whether he should believe or not. The atheist should never ever try to convince the child that he should not believe in god. Saying there is no god is 2 much of an absolute . rather sayuing u lack the belief in a god sounds appropriate.

You said the child would say his friends believe in a creator. Children are smarter than u think. The child will then ask why this god has authored 2 different religions the ztian and muslim religion and also y they oppose and contradict themselves violently.

1 Like

Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 8:49am On Apr 29, 2016
Richirich713:

And this has to stop
Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 8:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Lilbrown007:
BEING AN ATHEIST HERE IN 9JA MEANS YOU WERE ABLE TO SURVIVE RELIGION AND BE ABLE TO SAY IS ENOUGH I REMEMBER MY MUM BEING SO RELIGIOUS ANY SMALL PROBLEM PASTOR ANY SMALL ILLNESS OLIVE OIL IS WHAT U WILL DRINK THAT DAY SHE'S STILL RELIGIOUS NOW SHA BUT ANY TIME I LOOK BK AT ALL THINGS IS JUST SO FUNNY MOST OF THE PROBLEMS WERE NOT EVEN SOLVED WELL SHA THAT'S 9JA FOR U..

Very true

Olive oil can do notin.
Re: Child Indoctrination by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:10am On Apr 29, 2016
urahara:

After the child of the atheist returns back from school. He or she should then be made to think for him or her self clearly. To decide whether he should believe or not. The atheist should never ever try to convince the child that he should not believe in god. Saying there is no god is 2 much of an absolute . rather sayuing u lack the belief in a god sounds appropriate.

You said the child would say his friends believe in a creator. Children are smarter than u think. The child will then ask why this god has authored 2 different religions the ztian and muslim religion and also y they oppose and contradict themselves violently.

God never authored religion , men did .
Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 9:12am On Apr 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God never authored religion , men did .

Men authored your religion
Re: Child Indoctrination by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2016
urahara:

Men authored your religion

Why did you repeat what I just said
Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 9:37am On Apr 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why did you repeat what I just said

So u admit christianity is a man made lie
Re: Child Indoctrination by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2016
urahara:

So u admit christianity is a man made lie

Just hold on ...

Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Just hold on ...

U say religion is man made but u know that christianity is a rwligion ryt
Re: Child Indoctrination by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:13am On Apr 29, 2016
urahara:

U say religion is man made but u know that christianity is a rwligion ryt

Since Religion is man made , does it preclude God's existence ?
Re: Child Indoctrination by ifenes(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2016
There is no reason to believe a god exists. Religion introduced the idea of gods to humans.

2 Likes

Re: Child Indoctrination by urahara(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Since Religion is man made , does it preclude God's existence ?

Obviously not
Re: Child Indoctrination by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2016
urahara:

Obviously not

Then why are you persisting that Christianity is a lie ? Truth or Lie - your choice to accept which it is . God exists , God is the Greatest cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Forgiveness Like A Debit Card? - Paul Ellis / Download 2017 Rhapsody Of Realities By Pastor Chris - Christian Daily Devotional / Dealing With Envy As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.