Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? (9272 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by layi(m): 9:00pm On Nov 21, 2005
You are obviously not good in a debate. i accepted your T.O Obadere's claims even though I copuld have easily waived it off as a lie. U aint got any evidence.
I made my own claim now and u r telling me not to 'fabricate' lies. Thats an insult. Like I said ur points are very myopic.

Firstly U doubt i was ever a muslim even though u know nothing bout me. That was pointless.

Secondly u asked
Ajisafe:

NOTE: Mention a popular name, and don't come up with one fake name that we've never heard of.
Can u mention 2 alfas that we all know. I seriously doubt. So why put up such a faulty defense.

So quick to debunk claims i make (like u r 1 regulatory body that monitors affairs of all muslims in Nigeria). I never knew u guyz are that pure and blameless.
Sorry. I know better than to continue this. We obviously aint gaining a thing. I rest my case (hopefully).

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by goodguy(m): 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2005
Talking of muslims, I was reading through the middle page of a newspaper last week. All adverts in there were just based on spiritualism, all sorts of sorcerey and demonic stuffs. They even put up their addresses so u can contact them incase u need help from them. And guess what? Every single advertiser there had titles of "ALHAJI".
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by goodguy(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2005
Ajisafe:

Goodguy, why are they all rich and you're poor (I don't mean you in particular) -- I mean their flocks?
First of all, pastors are the ones that preach the word of God to people. They do the will of God. So of course, they have to be blessed by God, hence, the existence of their wealth. If these pastors tell you how they started their journey before they got to where they are today, you'll definitely know yourself that they truely deserve the riches.

Flocks are the ones being preached to. If they do what the pastors preach to them and they obey and follow God's instructions diligently, God will definitely bless them and make them rich.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Ajisafe: 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2005
Another Christian defeatist! Man, I didn't say you were never a "Muslim." Did you understand my English? I said "apostates like you." If you don't know any national or international Islamic preacher, too bad. I refuse to help you out -- do your research like I did on you guys. Yes, Muslims are purer than you ordinary noise-making gospelers! And I stand to be corrected. Again, you called the alfas, mallams, and ladans illiterate. How many times have I corrected you "myopic" people that just because a group of people chose to read and write only in Arabic didn't mean that they were illiterate? Reading and writing in any language makes you a lettered person. I'm sick and tired of the deceived ones!
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by layi(m): 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2005
Of course I saw your apostate stuff. I had to ignore it because namecallin aint different from insult. The next line after that shows your indifference which obviously portrays your doubting stance. Lets not go into the English language because u might loose me.

Christian defeatist u call me.  cheesy cheesy. I wonder where your anger orinigates. I wonder which christian pastor impoverished you to take up this passion(beign a muslim). Your research is epithelial. U look at the lifestyles of a few christian and u judge the religion by it. Your result can't be better than the outcast who claims to knwo where the breadwinner keeps his money. If you're not In, u can't be in. I maintain u know nothing bout christainity because its not a religion like urs.

Ajisafe:

Don't come here with your "born-again" illusion and deceive us!
I doubt if that was linked to any of my posts because i CANT remember tryin to win anyone over (even though i wish i did). You folks are not better than the millions of pips round the world who r born-again.
Point of correction: u might be the one in need of an english dico. U could have used the word 'mislead' (even though u'll still be wrong). The word 'mislead' is more appropraite than 'decieve'.  I wonder what i've got to gain from convertin u. Wherez the deceit?
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Ajisafe: 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2005
Infact, the difference is clear! Any right thinking individual can distinguish between you and I. Look, Seun doesn't like childish exchanges like these -- if you have nothing more cerebral to say to convince me that your pastors aren't deceiving Nigerians, man, I've got better things to do than arguing with you unnecessarily. Bye!
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by goodguy(m): 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2005
I really don't know why our muslim brother here is taking things too personal. Afterall, you muslims are also being deceived through some preachings. I was actually listening to a preaching by an imam/alfa on TV. The man kept trying to convince (confuse is more like it) people that Jesus is not the Son of God and all stuffs like that. I was just laughing where I was because I know such people arent worth arguing with.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Ajisafe: 2:18am On Nov 22, 2005
Flocks are the ones being preached to. If they do what the pastors preach to them and they obey and follow God's instructions diligently, God will definitely bless them and make them rich.

I have said it many times, you people are so clever that you blame the gullible followers of your religion (who dare to complain about the absence of "holy ghost" in their lives) for having no faith.

Talking of muslims, I was reading through the middle page of a newspaper last week. All adverts in there were just based on spiritualism, all sorts of sorcerey and demonic stuffs. They even put up their addresses so u can contact them incase u need help from them. And guess what? Every single advertiser there had titles of "ALHAJI". 

First, there are no people on the face of this earth who wear spirituality in their sleeves than the Christians. OK? You are talking about sorcery and "demonic stuffs" -- what's your point? That Muslims are sorcerers? That Muslims are demonic? I don't get it.

We were talking about pastors deceiving Nigerians and I dared you to mention only one Islamic preacher, nationally or internationally, who has done the same -- all you could come up with is some "Alhaji" on TV! What! See how moronic that even sounds! Pastors are preachers, but not all Alhajis are preachers. Yours truly is an Alhaji, but I'm neither a cleric nor preacher. Being Alhaji only means that one has performed a holy pilgrimage. "Al" = the, while "haj" = pilgrimage. Therefore, an "alhaji" is rightly translated as "the pilgrim" -- one who has made the pilgrimage. It does not mean what uninformed Nigerians call "alejo" in Yoruba or "the visitor" in English. Having said that, lest we lose sight of the fact that if someone pays his/her money on a pilgrimage to Mecca and Medina, he/she is not automatically qualified to be cleric. In order to become an Islamic cleric/preacher, one has to undergo an academic tutelage under the auspices of a qualified sheik in an Islamic institution. These your imaginary "alhajis" in the newspaper adverts could be either babalawos or oniseguns. In one of my debates here, I reminded folks that babalawos and oniseguns are our own doctors and pharmacists in Yorubaland. These individuals are not limited to one particular faith -- they can be Muslim or Christian or animist. These your men in the said adverts only happened to be Muslims, and alhajis, for that matter. So, please, get that right.

You are obviously not good in a debate. i accepted your T.O Obadere's claims even though I copuld have easily waived it off as a lie. U aint got any evidence.
I made my own claim now and you're telling me not to 'fabricate' lies. Thats an insult. Like I said your points are very myopic.

I don't tell lies and I don't say what I can't back up. Pastor Obadare is still alive. Call him to join the forum; I'll tell him the place, date, and time! I was not a child when Reverend T.O. Iyanda used to spray the "I found it -- Mo ti rii" pamphlets from a helicopter, disturbing the peace and quiet of Ibadan residents and claiming that he could cure them of all ailments. I personally knew one Olumide boy -- a born Christian who had been lame since birth (his mother used to sell amala at Ayedade, Elekuro opposite Medina bus stop in Ibadan). He went up the rostrum at the end of the month-long "crusade" to complain that he was still the same as he was before the begining of the "deliverance." T. O. Iyanda's guys told him and others to leave the stage. When confronted by the newshounds, T. O. Iyanda said that those people were not real Christians and, so, it would be difficult for the "holy ghost" to descend upon them. Olumide cried  and cried, saying he was a real Christian. Call Abiara of Agbala Itura (why would I lie?) and ask him to join the forum; I'll remind him of the "Gbajue/4-1-9" guys that came to him for prayers, but ended up swindling him of a huge sum of money -- at the time when naira was heavier than American dollar. Who doesn't remember the late Idahosa whose preaching was focused on nothing but riches. Correct me if I lie! We all remember how he went around (both at home and abroad) in limos, sporting expensive wears and jeweleries. Didn't he frequently claim that his own God was not a poor God? There was a time Idahosa occupied the entire Olubadan Stadium for two months or so; to everybody's chagrin, after announcing that the amount of salvation would be equal to how much money the "gullibles" could donate, he categorically refused to take nothing less than #5 (five naira) from each "gullible" at the "crusade." NOTE TO YOUNGER READERS: five naira then was a lot of money. In circa 1995, just few years before his death in 1998, Benson Idahosa boasted in the presence of a lot of people, to have had about 950 (nine hundred and fifty) pieces of expensive suits. A friend of mine told me the story. I believed him because he was the one that picked Idahosa up from the Dulles Airport, Virginia-Washington, DC, and he was present when Idahosa made those claims. We know everything about Chris Okotie who, after failing musically (Chris Okotie used to sing and produce music with his jerry curls in those days; I think he released one record or more professionally), professed to have been touched  by the "holy ghost." He later founded his own "new breed" church/ministry. You all know how rich he is today. I think some of you are even suggesting that he should run for president. cheesy  cheesy cheesy cheesy Internationally, we even know of shady individuals like Jerry Falwell, Benny Hinn, Bohnke and a host of other evangelicals, but I'll leave them alone for now insofar as this topic only questions if pastors deceive Nigerians. If you like we can start a new thread about this anomaly, so widely prevalent that it's international!   

[b]I really don't know why our muslim brother here is taking things too personal.

This is not true, I'm only keeping it real. That's all.

Afterall, you muslims are also being deceived through some preachings.

Give me a cogent and more rational example.

I was actually listening to a preaching by an imam/alfa on TV. The man kept trying to convince (confuse is more like it) people that Jesus is not the Son of God and all stuffs like that. I was just laughing where I was because I know such people arent worth arguing with.

You were laughing because he said Jesus wasn't the Son of God? Why? The preacher was right. Par excellence!
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by layi(m): 10:20am On Nov 22, 2005
All those claims are mere stories to me. U can't proove them to be more credible than my claims/examples too.
If we are to talk about the ills of so many islamic fundamentalists from the Al-qaeda network to the so-called islamic spirtualists on the pages of Nigerian newspapers, we'll probably run out of pages on this thread.

Ajisafe:

Infact, the difference is clear! Any right thinking individual can distinguish between you and I. Look, Seun doesn't like childish exchanges like these -- if you have nothing more cerebral to say to convince me that your pastors aren't deceiving Nigerians, man, I've got better things to do than arguing with you unnecessarily. Bye!
Whos the defeatist now? Anyway of what benefit would it be to convince you. U obviously aint disposed to learn. Go give that assignment to your Kids at home. They'll probably explain better since u both operate on the same pedestal - underdeveloped cerebral content.
U folks are so apt to run down and insult the church folks but when tables are turned u cry foul. If i had not responded, u wouldnt have called it childish i'm sure. Bring it on and i'm game. If u want to debate , learn not to bring in persoanl attacks too.

Pastors deceiving Nigeria?...as if pastors rule Nigeria. there are tens of millions of muslims in Nigeria. How many of them have been decieved by pastors. There are million of traditional worshippers, grail messagers amorcs who probably dont even talk wit pastors. I thought the leadership are the ones decievin us. This is a new one.. a clear product of Parochial thinkin.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Ajisafe: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2005
All those claims are mere stories to me. U can't proove them to be more credible than my claims/examples too.

Haba! In fact, this is quite frustrating! How would you want me to prove these again? I told you to bring these people (at least, those that are still alive) to join the forum. Mere stories? Chris Okotie is out there for everyone to see! Didn't Benny Hinn quarel over money, with other pastors, recently during his so-called "crusade" in Nigeria? Oh, Lord!

If we are to talk about the ills of so many islamic fundamentalists from the Al-qaeda network to the so-called islamic spirtualists on the pages of Nigerian newspapers, we'll probably run out of pages on this thread.

Al Qaeda? Islamic fundamentalists? Islamic spiritualists? Man, I don't even know what to call you because... Ooof! I dared you to give me names of a single Islamic preacher that swindles people of their hard-earned monies nationally or internationally, and all you could say was "Al Qaeda"? Please, Layi, that's it!
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by prettyH(f): 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2005
@ ajisafe u talk of giving u examples of muslims who swindle in contrast to pastors when ur Al-Qeadi brothers are killing innocent pple all in the name of going to paradise indeed.

Abeg which one is worse?

@layi

why bother explain to 1 who'll never understand.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by donnie(m): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2005
I feel you joftech. You see this is the reason i continue to pray for my country Nigeria and its people. Because God is the one who can give them a new sense of worth and a determination and drive to aim for the best in life thereby maximizing the potentials He has put in them.

It is wrong to say that despite the many churches we have, there is still a lot of curruption...as if the pastors are preaching corrution. That is thinking in a negative way. I will rather say, because of the great evil we have in our country today, God has raised many more men of God to combat the evil. I am howver aware that there are those who are not called amongst the fold and who are in the ministry to make a living or because of some quarrel they had in the church where they belonged. All such are risking being condemned to hell.

Some have accused us of not preaching salvation and the second coming of Christ as if they know what these signify. Salvation is all encompassing, signifying, freedom from sin, enslavement , self-pity, ignorance, poverty, sickness and affliction. This is total salvation.

When a man gets to understand who he is in Christ, it changes eveerything. He is not the one who says , "let us leave  all for God" 'because he knows himself and God are actually in partnership to make the world of men a better place. God annoints the minds of his kids with supernatural widom causing them to achieve with their minds what others taught impossible. God makes His children masters in life, teaching them to live selflessly for the benefit of humanity.

That so-called gospel of "we are saved to make heaven" is not from Jesus. This is the gospel of selfish christains who are only concerned about themselves and not about the suffering and lost millions in the world. They do not yet know the meaning of their salvation. We are saved to save the world; to make such great positive impact in this world so that by the time we leave this world by rapture, the world will miss us! We were saved to shake this world for Jesus. The Word tells us:

1 Peter 2:9:
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God's] own [a]purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

That is why there is provision for divine health and prosperity in this gospel so that we will be without excuse.

As for politics. It is only a matter of time. Things will change for good in this nation. Evil and Godless men shall be ashamed. I was listening with joy to some declarations made by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome this last National Youth conference. He said:

"We will not be quiet come 2007...We are watching all the aspirants closely...We will swing the votes come 2007...We will all register and we will vote... by november, we will be 2.5 million members in our ministry, and by 2007 we will be 5million members...we will have a say come 2007...we will swing the votes." he prophesied, "There shall be no rigging"

And i believe him... even as i believe in the God that answeres the prayers of Nigerians who cry out to him. He is not a man of empty words. Those who think power is their birthright will be suprised.

And... just for the records... Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is not interested in contesting for political appointments. In His own words he said, "I am a man of God and not a politian...that is not where my grace is...and besides, i don't think i like that kind of demotion".
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by raregroove(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2005
As Fela dey talk:

Some dey follow follow dem close dem eye, some close dem ear, some close dem sense, some close dem mouth.

If you dey follow follow, make u open eye, open mouth, open sense, open ear. Na that time you no go fall.

If you dey follow follow dem books, na inside cupboard you go quench, cockroach dey, rat e dey, iko (cough) dey, darkness dey, na inside cupboard u go quench.

My brother make u no follow book, look am & go your way & use ur sense....
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by goodguy(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2005
Ajisafe's argument is just based on pastors and their riches. Is it a crime/sin for a pastor to be rich or what? The fact that a pastor is rich doesn't mean he's deprived people of their hardearned money. I really don't think there's any sane pastor that forces people to pay him money.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by joftech(m): 11:28pm On Nov 22, 2005
I culled  the following from here

THE PROLIFERATION OF NIGERIAN CHURCHES IN THE US & THE INCREASING DIVORCE RATE BETWEEN THE PASTORS & THEIR SPOUSES

The minister of music had already sent the congregation to heaven by the time the pastor claimed the pulpit. His job was made easier as the members ate readily from the palm of his hands. He preached about love - how husbands must love their wives just as Jesus loved the church. His verses were intermittently punctuated by spirited shouts of "amen." He talked about the need for families to love each other, not to succumb to the worries and stress of the American society. He was speaking to the believers and he made sure that the intended audience harvested his message. The pastor, one of the greatest orators of his time, stressed home his message of love, quoting richly from the Bible which says, "Love thy neighbor as thyself" and love being the greatest of all three virtues of Hope and Faith (1st Corinthians 13:13).

Pastor Tunde as he is fondly called is the pastor of one of the new age Pentecostal and Bible-touting churches owned and pastor-ed by Nigerians in the US. This New York-based church, which I attend, was founded only three years ago, but its membership has soared over five hundred and counting. It cuts across all ethnicities from Nigeria and other African countries. Even the usually scarce northerners from Plateau, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Bornu, Bauchi and other parts of Nigeria can be found in this church in sincere worship of the Lord. Indeed, there are doctors, nurses, business men and women, well-heeled realtors, engineers, professors, Nigerian politicians (on visits), United Nations diplomats and all and sundry occupying the pews of this church every Sunday. Its main attraction is its progressive and precocious nature and its inductable biblical doctrines. The well-decked choir with the state-of-the art musical equipments that turn the church into a metaphysical 'nightclub' every Sunday morning, also adds to the attraction.
The church is a cash cow as its weekly and monthly yields are astonishing. The weekly offerings alone (according to the budget sheet distributed in church) atone for more than $30,000 and this is not inclusive of the tithe that is taken every month. Given the array of professionals in the church who earn hefty and appreciable sums, it is safe to conclude that tithe alone exceeds $100,000 a month. This is significant considering the fact that the church started from a small rented room in a nearby debauched hotel before it moved to its current spacious location and hoping to move into its own building at the turn of the new year. This building when finished will hold more than one thousand five hundred members. The basement and reception halls are elaborate and the parsonage fit for a king.
There are many of these types of churches cropping all over the fruited plains of America. A classmate of mine in college went into the ministry after graduation stating he had been called into the service of the Lord. His church located in the American Bible-Belt is doing exceedingly well. The last email I received from him indicated that the church had reached a milestone of one thousand registered members and still growing. The classmate, only in his thirties, is one of the most gifted Nigerians pastors in the US and fondly called the T.D. Jakes of Nigeria. A year ago, I was in his neck of the woods and stopped by to visit him, I marveled at the opulence and lush that had become his lot.
Invariably, Nigerian churches are scattered like mustard seed across the US. The growth of these churches in the last few years has tripled, especially, in major cities. They are popular amongst Nigerians as the songs are familiar and the services conducted in the true Nigerian style of worship. In these churches, one feels at home with the adornment of native attires and familiar routines. Like those in Nigeria, these pastors have a variety of reasons bordering on financial, legal, material to spiritual for opening these churches. But while some of them preach about love in the family, their own families are not intact. Some are separated from their wives and some are going through divorce even as they offer marriage counseling to their members.
In an email conversation with an good friend, an immigration lawyer based in the Washington DC area, who was responding to my article published on this site, "Our dollar pastor$", he talked about the increasing number of R (religious worker) visas his firm handled in the last year alone owing to the proliferation of Nigerian churches. He noted, "I have seen an unprecedented rise in the church worker immigration applications recently." He also talked about the increasing rate of divorce between these pastors and their spouses. He further noted, "About 80% of divorces that my firm filed this year was connected with disagreement between spouse regarding the church. Often, it is the wife that becomes a victim first. They spend enormous amount of time at night vigils and revivals, ignoring family needs."
The lawyer could not have been more linear with his observation as the divorce rate is increasing among this group. The bone of contention, as noted above, is usually the long hours these pastors spend with members of their flock at the expense of their families. They are out late counseling, encouraging and planning crusades, etc. Sometimes, they travel for days on church assignments. When they are in town, most return home late, often tired with no time to spend with their families. Children are neglected and wives forgotten. Even while at home, they receive calls from troubled church members about sundry issues. The work of a pastor is endless but, unfortunately, so are his troubles.
The good lawyer further observed, "Each week, I am bombarded by flyers of revivals all over the place. They are always "binding this" and "opening that." For one, the pastors have shifted their focus on taking advantage of frustrated Nigerians in the US who are easily convinced that their ill luck in this country is due to some family curse or other satanic influences that must be rebuked. They give "visions" and "prophecies," some of which have caused untold hardship on families. One guy relied on a vision by a popular pastor to relocate to California where great fortune awaited him. He ended becoming homeless. A neighbor of mine refinanced his house just to sow a seed of $7,000 to the Church; now, he struggles to pay his bills."
True enough, some of the frustrated Nigerians in the US go to these pastors to pray about an immigration issue or for the fruit of the womb, for healing, for promotion, for a new house and car, etc, and some of the pastors do well to take full advantage of these weak-hearted individuals. It's important to note that not all Nigerian pastors in the US fall in this category. Far be it from it. It will be very wrong to come to such conclusion as there are those with genuine intentions doing the work of the Lord and they must be encouraged in every possible way. But as noted in the lawyer's comments, the hardship some Nigerians have found in the US has turned them into involuntary pastors for the moment. This trend is not only limited to Nigerians but Ghanaians as well. For every two Nigerian churches in the US, there is one Ghanaian church. I was once told that the general superintendent of a famous US-based Ghanaian church was either separated from his wife or going through divorce (I have forgotten how the story went) for the same reason cited above. As these pastors battle to save their flock from broken homes and marriages, they ought to pay greater attention to their families before roles are reversed and the church members begin to offer them marriage counseling. How do they say it - Charity begins at home?
© 2005 - Tonye David-West, Jr.

It's very funny indeed, i thought these acts are only limited to the shores of this country.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by snazzydawn(f): 11:42pm On Nov 22, 2005
This post is really unnecessary.Why must it be pastors sef? rolleyesAm off to bed abeg.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by joftech(m): 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2005
This post is really unnecessary.Why must it be pastors sef? rolleyesAm off to bed abeg.

Let me adapt this to our own situation here

For one, the pastors have shifted their focus on taking advantage of frustrated Nigerians in Nigeria who are easily convinced that their ill luck in this country is due to some family curse or other satanic influences that must be rebuked.

When in actuall fact Nigerians curse and satanic influences are the politicians ruling (ruining) this country.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by kewe(f): 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2005
sighs
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by donnie(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2005
Joftech,

Are you forgetting that the polititians are not from space...but that they are Nigerians who came from among us?

The problem is with the soul of our nation, and only God's Word can heal the soul of our Nation and inspire Nigerians with the wisdom, courage, faith and determination to face the future with the hope of correcting the system and putting the country on the path of prosperity.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by otokx(m): 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2005
we are really in the last days
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by socool1(f): 12:58am On Jun 29, 2006
Ajisafe!

You are such a liar! what can I expect from Muslim,. Listen if you belive so much in islam you do not need to condemn others! PAstor Abiara neever got dooped I have known this man for ages so you aree a liar! 2) so starting a business is a sign of greed? do you have a job? your father or even your malam? just because this ppl might have business and might want to make money, doesnt call for you to call them greedy, you want them to depend on silly people like you to feed them? to make it worst your story is worst. Lets talk of Arisheykola aloa, lets talk about the amount of money ritual thats ninvested in a muslim religion, HATE like the one you are doing right now, I was reading your post and was wondering what kind of a sick person you are, Until I fount out you are muslim. Wake up , you are a fool,. stop talking trash about Go'd ppl unless you will burn till death. islam puhleasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by socool1(f): 1:01am On Jun 29, 2006
Ajisafe

all what you said is all lies, you dont need to condemn christianity and its leader,to promote islam,
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by seunfolake(f): 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2006
why are we all focusing our attention only on pastors.NOT ALL PASTORS are decieving their members,even christ himself said it is not eryone that call him lord lord will enter in2 the kingdom of God.let us all leave the case of pastor decieving their members to God, judge no one so that u will not be judged- mattew 7:1.let us focus on ourselves,lets start asking our selves what can we do?how do i play my part?we should all stop the blame game.it wont take us anywhere.we can still remember the story when goliath was threating the isrealites,but David at a tender age of 18 rose up to the challenge,goliath was defeated and the pple gain their freedom.like wise we too, their is somthing God has empower us to contribute to humanity,we are not meant to be spetators in life''after all LIFE IS ALL ABOUT WHAT WE CAN GIVE THAN WHAT WE CAN GET''we still HAVE faithful pastors in our country that still tell their members the undilated word of God.evryone of us has a part to play in bulding a better 2mr for our country.only NIGERIANS can build NIGERIA.FInally ,i quite agree that some pastors are deceivers but not all,i hope we too are not deceiving our selve when we shift blame.Let's stop the blame game,Nigeria yi ti gbogbo wa ni,meaning this country belongs to all of us.cheers!
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 08, 2006
@ so cool,forget about this ajiasafe Islamic terrorist in the larva stage.
A big difference between him and us is that we can sit together and discuss and condemn some ills people do in the name of Christianity without resorting to violence.

If we were face to face with him,he may be sharpening his machete for all you know or wearing a special shoe,Richard Reed style.
Islam is the worst thing that ever happened to the world in general and they still have the guts to talk where civilized people are carrying on a conversation.

Every muslim owes me an explanation how a peaceful religion can turn one into a murderous animal or else they should just shut up and listen.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 08, 2006
We are talking about Nigerian pastors and deceit in some so wetin concern you for that ajiasafe?

There is a thread titled 'what have you leant in Islam today' go there and remain there.
The blood of my relatives that died in Kano and Kaduna will forever hunt you all for not condemning the evil ways of your "peaceful" brothers.

Che gharia tupu Chukwu akpo gi oku.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by jagunlabi(m): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2006
To answer the title question;
Ofcourse they are!Nigerian religious folks are the perfect gullibles needed for their webs of deceit.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Izzo(m): 5:08am On Aug 09, 2006
I really think most pastors in Nigeria r deceiving its congregations in so many ways. i.e. how would a pastor be thinking of opening a branch in the U.S. when he only has two branches in the country; if not for being greedy and act of being selfish. Also, some churches in the U.S. that i know of gets their light cut off due to non payment for the past two or three cycles and they now get to tell its ppl to donate what he "pastor" would call a special offering. This is really pitiful embarassed shocked
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by ngozi2007(f): 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2006
embarassedhey you are so embarrassing.but anywhere have you heard the nigerians copmlaining?if you answer no then think about yoour facts before saying something
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2007
@ Ajisafe

Get a life!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by 9ja4eva: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2007
Well i dont think they are.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Viable(m): 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2007
There are pastors and there are Pastors About 70% of Nigerian pastors may be after their stomachs and fame, that is why when The G.C. dies the wife or son or relative will takeover. Read the whole of matthew 24. there, Jesus gave an explanation concerning your question.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by 9ja4eva: 6:58am On Apr 22, 2007
LOL

Dts true anywayz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd / Nigerian Churches And The Culture Of Extreme Exploitation / Why Most Terrorists Are Muslims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.