Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Should Believers Observe The Law? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Believers Observe The Law? (2376 Views)

'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by ichuka(m): 1:46am On May 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

There are two sets of laws in the old testament: the moral law (the decalogue or the 10 Commandments) and the ceremonial laws(which are over 600). They were never confused one for the other. They were even kept separate in the ark of the covenant. (See Exod. 25:16; Deut. 31:9, 24-26).

The ceremonial laws included sacrificial killings, washings and many other rites which pointed to the great antitype, Jesus Christ, and as such were done away with at His death.

However, GOD still requires obedience to the 10 Commandments from Christians.
Lol
So which aspect of the law did Jesus tell the rich man to keep?
New International Version
When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Luke18:22
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:02am On May 01, 2016
Splinz:

Right! Op has talked excessively on love and even ascribed a law, "law of love" to it. Yet, he doesn't understand a thing about the said subject!

Indeed, love is one of the most trumpeted subject around the world, by both religious and political leaders, yet you find love nowhere! Why? Because the knowledge of the subject and its origin has been rejected!

WORD!

1 Like

Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:06am On May 01, 2016
ichuka:

Lol
So which aspect of the law did Jesus tell the rich man to keep?
New International Version
When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Luke18:22

Read Matt. 19:17-19. Tell me what you think.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by ichuka(m): 7:49am On May 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Read Matt. 19:17-19. Tell me what you think.
Lol
You are not serious presumably
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by Splinz(m): 9:05am On May 01, 2016
ichuka:

Lol
You are not serious presumably

Hello! Has the word of truth been reduced to an amusement that makes you want to laugh your heart out, scoffer?

The psalmist wrote, "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners (lawbreakers), nor sits in the seat of SCOFFERS"- Psalm 1:1.

Also, the Apostle Peter has this to say, "Knowing this first of all, that SCOFFERS will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own SINFUL desires"- 2 Peter 3:3.

Here's an advise from the Apostle, "Repent, therefore, of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, the intent of your heart may be forgiven you"- Acts 8:22.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by ichuka(m): 10:58am On May 01, 2016
Splinz:

Hello! Has the word of truth been reduced to an amusement that makes you want to laugh your heart out, scoffer?

The psalmist wrote, "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners (lawbreakers), nor sits in the seat of SCOFFERS"- Psalm 1:1.

Also, the Apostle Peter has this to say, "Knowing this first of all, that SCOFFERS will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own SINFUL desires"- 2 Peter 3:3.

Here's an advise from the Apostle, "Repent, therefore, of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, the intent of your heart may be forgiven you"- Acts 8:22.
Your frustration/anger will only affect pple like you.and pls stop quoting me.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by Splinz(m): 12:29pm On May 01, 2016
ichuka:

Your frustration/anger will only affect pple like you.and pls stop quoting me.

Has an admonition from the Lord becomes frustration & anger?

Then therefore, "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the TRUTH, for there is no TRUTH in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and father of lies"- John 8:44. Indeed, the devil and his followers are liars, and have never welcome the truth!

Very well did Timothy prophesied of you, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears"- 2 Timothy 4:3. Yes! You can't bear sound doctrine for your ears are heavy, itching to hear the lusts of your heart, for which reason you seek and look out for teachers to teach or say what you want to hear, not what you need to hear!

Again, I offer you the advise of Apostle Peter in Acts 8:22.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by ichuka(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2016
Splinz:

Has an admonition from the Lord becomes frustration & anger?

Then therefore, "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the TRUTH, for there is no TRUTH in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and father of lies"- John 8:44. Indeed, the devil and his followers are liars, and have never welcome the truth!

Very well did Timothy prophesied of you, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears"- 2 Timothy 4:3. Yes! You can't bear sound doctrine for your ears are heavy, itching to hear the lusts of your heart, for which reason you seek and look out for teachers to teach or say what you want to hear, not what you need to hear!

Again, I offer you the advise of Apostle Peter in Acts 8:22.
Lol
Keep deceiving yourself .its people like you that condemned fellowers here on earth and you are worst than the devil itself.
No man has/can up hold 1% of Gods law expection of Christ
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by Splinz(m): 4:00pm On May 01, 2016
ichuka:

Lol
Keep deceiving yourself .its people like you that condemned fellowers here on earth and you are worst than the devil itself.
No man has/can up hold 1% of Gods law expection of Christ

Are you then saying the Lord was wrong when He said, "If you would enter life, keep the commandments?"- John 19:17. Was Jesus giving us an impossible task when He made this statement? No! Here's why. A question was asked, "Who then can be saved?"- Matthew 19:25. (The disciples, just like you, were astonished when Jesus taught that they must keep the Law if they will enter life. Hence, why the question was asked). In response, Jesus answered, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible", verse 26. Here you have it. The Law can be kept, but of course with the help of God.

The Apostle Paul said, "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all men everywhere to repent"- Acts 17:30. Indeed, you have no excuse whatsoever not to keep the Law, not even ignorance, because the truth has been laid bare before you.

And lastly, James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, has this to say, " Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin"- James 4:17. May the Lord help us.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by ichuka(m): 10:33pm On May 01, 2016
Splinz:

Are you then saying the Lord was wrong when He said, "If you would enter life, keep the commandments?"- John 19:17. Was Jesus giving us an impossible task when He made this statement? No! Here's why. A question was asked, "Who then can be saved?"- Matthew 19:25. (The disciples, just like you, were astonished when Jesus taught that they must keep the Law if they will enter life. Hence, why the question was asked). In response, Jesus answered, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible", verse 26. Here you have it. The Law can be kept, but of course with the help of God.

The Apostle Paul said, "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all men everywhere to repent"- Acts 17:30. Indeed, you have no excuse whatsoever not to keep the Law, not even ignorance, because the truth has been laid bare before you.

And lastly, James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, has this to say, " Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin"- James 4:17. May the Lord help us.
"With man it's impossible but with God all things are possible"
That quote says it all.
Man is incapable of keeping Gods law.its only God that can uphold His law.
Don't you ever wonder why Adam can't uphold just one moral law/command given to him by God?.(don't eat this fruit but every other fruits are yours to eat)
Though he's sinless there's nothing Holy in him to uphold that command/law.because all Gods laws are Holy(So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.Romans7:12)
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:20pm On May 01, 2016
ichuka:
"With man it's impossible but with God all things are possible" That quote says it all.
Don't you ever wonder why Adam can't uphold just one moral law/command given to him by God?.(don't eat this fruit but every other fruits are yours to eat)
Though he's sinless there's nothing Holy in him to uphold that command/law.because all Gods laws are Holy(So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.Romans7:12)

LOL. What does it mean to be holy? It means being sinless! You contradict yourself.

You see, that was actually the first charge the Satan brought against GOD in Heaven-that His law is impossible to keep. After Satan's banishment from Heaven, he has kept on publishing the lie that it is impossible to keep GOD's law.

My dear, it is very much possible to keep GOD's law-with His help. We can't do it on our own, but with His help we can.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by Splinz(m): 11:27pm On May 01, 2016
ichuka:

That quote says it all.

This is where the Holy Spirit comes in, the Spirit which now works in sons of obedience. Remember the word of the Lord, "Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the HELPER will not come to you. But if I go, I will send Him to you"- John 16:7.

So you see, the Holy Spirit was send as a helper, to help Christians in their walk with the Lord, which of course is summarised in the Law. The Helper helps us keep that which is described as holy, righteous and good, as you've rightly quoted. So then, again, there's no excuse whatsoever not to keep the Law, as it's been proven that it can be kept perfectly, just as the Lord commanded.

Now you know God's spiritual laws are just as active as the law of gravity. Do well to keep them, for this is the "Whole duty of man"- Ecclesiastes 12:13.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:29pm On May 01, 2016
ichuka:

That quote says it all.

The quote really says it all. with GOD, you can keep His laws.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:46pm On May 01, 2016
ichuka:

That quote says it all.
Man is incapable of keeping Gods law. its only God that can uphold His law.

Jesus kept the law perfectly when He was on earth as a man. Through His grace and help, you can keep GOD's law.

Don't get me wrong: righteousness is not obtained by works. You cannot gain access to Heaven based on how much you try to keep the law by your own strength. The righteousness that will take us to Heaven is the righteousness of Christ imputed to us.

We keep the law because we have been saved. See Matt. 3:8
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by ichuka(m): 11:50pm On May 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

LOL. What does it mean to be holy? It means being sinless! You contradict yourself.

You see, that was actually the first charge the Satan brought against GOD in Heaven-that His law is impossible to keep. After Satan's banishment from Heaven, he has kept on publishing the lie that it is impossible to keep GOD's law.

My dear, it is very much possible to keep GOD's law-with His help. We can't do it on our own, but with His help we can.
Lol
Was Adam Holy when God created Him?i know he was sinless but Holy?No
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:54pm On May 01, 2016
ichuka:
Man is incapable of keeping Gods law.

If this is true, why did Jesus tell us to be perfect in Matt. 5:48?

Here are some people who were blameless in the Bible:

JOB - Job 1:1

ENOCH - Gen. 5:24. Enoch was so righteous and sinless that GOD took him into Heaven.

ABEL - Matt. 23:35.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:56pm On May 01, 2016
ichuka:

Lol
Was Adam Holy when God created Him?i know he was sinless but Holy?No

See Luke 3:38. Could Adam be the son of GOD if he was not holy?

What does it even mean to be holy? Tell me.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by ichuka(m): 12:21am On May 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

See Luke 3:38. Could Adam be the son of GOD if he was not holy?

What does it even mean to be holy? Tell me.
Lol
The verse you quoted here simply meant God created Adam.he was never begotten.christ was the only begotten Son of God that's why he was Holy even in Mary's womb.The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.Luke1:35
Google it(holy)
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by ichuka(m): 12:34am On May 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If this is true, why did Jesus tell us to be perfect in Matt. 5:48?

Here are some people who were blameless in the Bible:

JOB - Job 1:1

ENOCH - Gen. 5:24. Enoch was so righteous and sinless that GOD took him into Heaven.

ABEL - Matt. 23:35.
For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made SINNERs, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.Romans5:19
Job,Enoch and Abel are all sinners.because they were all in Adams lions when he sinned against God.
Though God might have mercy on who so ever He choose to have mercy on.
Please don't tell me they were blameless/righteous.its only Gods mercy on them that can speak on there life.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:50am On May 02, 2016
ichuka:

Lol
The verse you quoted here simply meant God created Adam.he was never begotten.christ was the only begotten Son of God that's why he was Holy even in Mary's womb.The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.Luke1:35
Google it(holy)

So, what does it mean to be holy?
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:52am On May 02, 2016
ichuka:

For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made SINNERs, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.Romans5:19
Job,Enoch and Abel are all sinners.because they were all in Adams lions when he sinned against God.
Please don't tell me they were blameless/righteous.its only Gods mercy on them that can speak on there life.

But the Bible says that Job was perfect. (Job 1:1). I was not the one that said it. The Bible also said that Abel was righteous.

Or was the Bible lying?
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:57am On May 02, 2016
ichuka:

Are you trying to imply that Jesus was a sinner? Because He is a descendant of Adam too. He is the Son of man.

Your error comes from the false doctrine of original sin: the belief that everybody is a sinner by the virtue of being born. But that is a lie. No place is it stated in the Bible that man is a sinner because he was born.

Search the Scriptures for proper guidance.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:03am On May 02, 2016
ichuka:

Lol
Google it(holy)

If GOD said in Gen.1:31 that all He made was "very good", how is it that you say Adam was not holy at creation? Or does GOD make things that are not holy?
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:12am On May 02, 2016
ichuka:

If you say the men in the following verses were not righteous, then you are saying that the Bible is lying: Job 1:8; Matt. 23:25; Gen 6:9; Matt. 1:19.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by Joagbaje(m): 7:16am On May 02, 2016
It will be very profitable for us viewers if you can paste the Bible quotes of your references up for us to. Read here. I'm tired of turning bible to. And fro following your. Discussion
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by ichuka(m): 7:16am On May 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Are you trying to imply that Jesus was a sinner? Because He is a descendant of Adam too. He is the Son of man.

Your error comes from the false doctrine of original sin: the belief that everybody is a sinner by the virtue of being born. But that is a lie. No place is it stated in the Bible that man is a sinner because he was born.

Search the Scriptures for proper guidance.
Is that what the verse I quoted says?
Subjectivity won't get you beyond your roof.
Am done trying to straighten things with you.
Happy workers day anyway.
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by Splinz(m): 9:17am On May 02, 2016
Joagbaje:

It will be very profitable for us viewers if you can paste the Bible quotes of your references up for us to. Read here. I'm tired of turning bible to. And fro following your. Discussion

I knew the important of posting Bible quotation directly, just as I've done in all of my contribution. Hope you've seen them?
Re: Should Believers Observe The Law? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2016
ichuka:

Is that what the verse I quoted says?
Subjectivity won't get you beyond your roof.
Am done trying to straighten things with you.
Happy workers day anyway.

LOL. What are you trying to straighten out to me? Substituting your own preconceived ideas for what the Bible clearly teaches? Is that straightening out matters?

Well, If standing by the Bible and the Bible alone is what you call Subjectivity, then yeah: I'm about as Subjective as you can think.

Happy workers' day, friend.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Jesus Does Not Know!!! / Download November Edition Of Rhapsody Of Realities In Any Language / Jesus Never Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.