Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos (10477 Views)

Lagos Cancels Monthly Environmental Sanitation Officially / Soldiers During Environmental Sanitation In Maiduguri This Morning / Ambode Abolishes Monthly Environmental Sanitation Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by metroparrot: 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
The Lagos State Commissioner for Environment, Dr. Babatunde Adejare, on Thursday said that the monthly environmental sanitation would hold on April 30.

This is contained in a statement signed by the Ministry's Director of Public Affairs and Research in Lagos.

He said the exercise had not been cancelled and the restriction on vehicular movement would be enforced from 7a.m. to 10 a.m.

''I expect residents to come out in large numbers and participate actively in the exercise by cleaning their homes, gutters, drains as well as their frontages.

''The period of the sanitation is not meant for any social and sporting engagements but for serious cleaning of the environment.

''Inter-State transport operators and workers should also comply with the order.

‘‘Anyone caught violating the order, whether passengers or drivers, will be apprehended and prosecuted according to the State Environmental Sanitation Law of 2012,'' he said.

Adejare said that the restriction order was to ensure a total compliance and full involvement of Lagosians in the exercise.

He said that law enforcement agencies, the Nigerian Police, Lagos State Transport Management Authority (LASTMA) and KAI officials had been mobilised to enforce the restriction on movement.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/04/environmental-sanitation-to-hold-this.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
I thought they have cancelled it completely in lagos...

12 Likes

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by osualaernest(m): 10:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
thank God
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Harmored(m): 7:42am On Apr 29, 2016
cheesy

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Harmored(m): 7:42am On Apr 29, 2016
Can I quickly go to the mainland?
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by femi4: 7:43am On Apr 29, 2016
Thank God
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by babs01(m): 7:43am On Apr 29, 2016
I no kuku get anywhere to go sef. I just dey wait for God mey e ansa my call with gud job

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by bestman09(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2016
Thank God. Make person rest with family
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by justicejay(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2016
That's nice. Health is Wealth
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by babyfaceafrica: 7:46am On Apr 29, 2016
Is this suppose to be news?
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by grandstar(m): 7:46am On Apr 29, 2016
Always hated that day!

1 Like

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Adalberto(m): 7:46am On Apr 29, 2016
why nau....
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by timilehin007(m): 7:46am On Apr 29, 2016
Oooooooooooo pē oooooo
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Isoni(m): 7:47am On Apr 29, 2016
What...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by atoleybaba(m): 7:47am On Apr 29, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Is this suppose to be news?
yes cause it was formally announced that it was cancelled
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Praizekeyz(m): 7:48am On Apr 29, 2016
Ooohhh God I hate dis styupid enviro- wareva....it shouldn't be done like dis jare, govt are supposed employ ppl to do dis tin not evn on d last sat...but everyday! Instead of dis yeye no movement

1 Like

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 29, 2016
babs01:
I no kuku get anywhere to go sef. I just dey wait for God mey e ansa my call with gud job

Keep believing bro, God will remember you before long smiley

6 Likes

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Btruth: 7:50am On Apr 29, 2016
.......bad news for some business people.
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Lordscrown(m): 7:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Confused state!it was formally cancelled,now they changed their mind ehn!arrant rubbish!!!let's wait till 12am for final decision..
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by maxwell767(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2016
>sad

1 Like

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Georgeisco2007: 7:53am On Apr 29, 2016
[quote author=grayht post=45135665]I thought they have cancelled it completely in lagos...

I thought same too.
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by babs01(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2016
hammer2010:

Keep believing bro, God will remember you before long smiley
Amen, thanks I know e can remember me through anybody including you

2 Likes

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by rawtouch: 7:57am On Apr 29, 2016
tot there was a judgement cancelling it

1 Like

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by habex005(m): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2016
This confused govt
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by lekpaboy(m): 8:10am On Apr 29, 2016
who the environmental epp?
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 29, 2016
[size=15pt] Na to go play ball for Unilag sure pass wink[/size]

1 Like

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by unitysheart(m): 8:27am On Apr 29, 2016
Confusion everywhere. We heard there's gonna be no restriction before now.

1 Like

Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by standing9(m): 8:37am On Apr 29, 2016
Naa wa oo, we first heard that Ambode av cancelled the retriction of vehicle. (That is , there is movement of vehicle during sanitation) . But now ,naa another tin we dey hear. Make una dey verify news before put it on social media.
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by Politicalidiot: 8:40am On Apr 29, 2016
hmmm
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by standing9(m): 8:41am On Apr 29, 2016
[quote author=standing9 post=45143429]Naa wa oo, we first heard that Ambode av cancelled the retriction of vehicle. (That is , there is movement of vehicle during sanitation) . But now ,naa another tin we dey hear. Make una dey verify news before put it on social media.[/quote)Eko oni baje,Epe oni daru
Re: Environmental Sanitation To Hold This Saturday In Lagos by zudozz: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2016
Tot they ve canceled it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zulum: Boko Haram Still In Control Of 2 Borno LGAs / Seyi Makinde: I Will Surrender My Immunity If Found Guilty Of Corruption / Buhari’s Ex-Aide, Obono-Obla Arraigned For Fraud, Certificate Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.