Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria (9365 Views)

Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria / Trucks And Buses For Cleaner Lagos Initiative To Begin Work In 2018 / Affordable Power: The South Needs The North More Than It Thinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Tonydeeb(m): 11:09am On Apr 29, 2016
I support this a 110%... I've been telling et asking my friends of late "why can't we(Nigeria) tap from the energy being offered us daily in this country to better our lives?".
The sun ray has been on the increase in recent times, yet our stvpid gov't keep going about telling us Nigeria cannot do this and that due to insufficient gas?...
The clean, free energy from the sun is enough to provide Nigerians with a 'better' Power supply, while saving the initial gas et al generated power for rainy days.
Accepted, the up-front, initial investment in Solar generation is quite expensive, but with little occasional maintenance fee?, it's so worth the price.
This gov't seriously needs to diversify...everything infact!!!.

2 Likes

Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by intergral(m): 11:24am On Apr 29, 2016
babs01:
Do you think Atiku(mikano) and co will allow such thing to happen as they are d importers of generators to dis con3.
then its time 4 him to start importing solar products!

1 Like

Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 11:40am On Apr 29, 2016
I'll show Africans how to generate their own electricity literally from thin air. Nobody will exploit my people anymore.

Unfortunately, this's being delayed because there's no such thing as grant sources over here for this type of initiative.

Watch out!!

1 Like

Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:58am On Apr 29, 2016
Goods news, I pray it works. So mumu go still smell lies and propaganda.
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hillzy:
I have been using dis stuff for quite a while now, n I can tell u is wat d moni

Baba tell us more jare...

What's the cost? Are you entirely off-grid? How many panels and batteries? Quality of panels, controller, and batteries too?

Let's use a modern day duplex to give an estimate...

1 Like

Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
lawrenzooo:
Why northern nigeria?
Fear north! grin
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Krossbow123: 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
Already in nigeria. Visit any MTN office n get urs
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by b03liberty(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
BUAR:
Everytime one int'l organisation 'TO' do this Or that,at the end all na Wash!!!!!!!
No be wash man. It's Adam Smith international and not Chidi-Aminu-Bola enterprises!

1 Like

Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by EnergyWA: 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2016
babafemi1000:

What's the cost? Are you entirely off-grid? How many panels and batteries? Quality of panels, controller, and batteries too?

Initial capital cost is high. To power a standard duplex with batteries, you will be talking 5-10 million. Maybe more..

But once it is installed, it can last for 30 years with little or no maintenance. Batteries might be changed every 10-15 years depending but your panels will provide you power for a long time.

1 Like

Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by bigass123(m): 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2016
Someday we'll get there...
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by bigass123(m): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Duplex? shocked
How much will it now cost to power a factory

EnergyWA:

Initial capital cost is high. To power a standard duplex with batteries, you will be talking 5-10 million. Maybe more..

But once it is installed, it can last for 30 years with little or no maintenance. Batteries might be changed every 10-15 years depending but your panels will provide you power for a long time.
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by tbaba1234: 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
bigass123:
Duplex? shocked
How much will it now cost to power a factory

Very expensive
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by arresa: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
In many States in America, states and cities give out huge subsidies to homeowners for solar installation. Many home owners now over generate electricity that they sell their excess back to the grid and power comps..

Instead of the goverment wasting and spending tens of billions on fosil power plant, they should either use the money to create subsidy system to make it easy for Nigerians to deploy solar energy or loan the money to the Discos to invest in solar system and seployement and collect payments same way they do now with grid powcarer with Nigerians getting and paying for constant electricity instead of paying for no electricity like they do now.

Before the government watse billions of dollars, they need to rethink their power policies going forward...

2 Likes

Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
EnergyWA:

@initial capital cost... E better make person save, pay for sunlight than for nepa wey nor dey give person light... At least sunlight nor dey finish na...

Nor be so?
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by ceaser: 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
babafemi1000:

Read this to find out how you may harness solar energy to drive major light loads on 12 volt/24 volt devices/appliances.

https://www.nairaland.com/2777363/aluminium-stone-coated-tiles-things/3#45057032
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Obeenah(m): 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
EnergyWA:
This makes complete sense and opens up a great business opportunity. Especially in Northern Nigeria where transmission infrastructure is poor.

Solar PV, Pay as you go will be very popular soon if this works out.

cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44

The company I work for Solynta Energy is already doing this and breaking grounds already. Our pay as you go plan is getting an average sign up with weekly installations in double digits already.

With just N60,000 you can get a 1kw, 1.5kw or 2kw system installed for your home.

Call: 0803-512-5915 or Email : victor.nwosu@solynta.com.ng

For info.

Also check website : www.solynta.com.ng
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Obeenah(m): 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
babafemi1000:

It's not really a question of the type of house, but a question of the appliances and respective watts rating of the appliances you intend to power on the Solar Energy unit and for how long you wish to run them.

Given a 2kw system, every household can enjoy 24hrs Uninterrupted #Electricity in Nigeria to power their basic loads.

When I hear people say they want to power their AC's on a solar system. My first question is do you power your ac o o generator? 97% of the time I get a no.

You can power the basic things with solar all day long and use your ac whenever phcn comes on. That way you enjoy the best of both worlds.

You can actually get a solar energy system for just N60k. Send request for more information to email : victor.nwosu@solynta.com.ng

Or call: 0803-512-5915
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by efikoefiko(m): 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2016
I can't wait for him to proven them wrong.quote author=greatiyk4u post=45146617]Very soon no sane Nigerian will call Buhari a Dullar.d again

Buhari may end up being the HERO OF MODERN NIGERIA![/quote]
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
Obeenah:

It's not really a question of the type of house, but a question of the appliances and respective watts rating of the appliances you intend to power on the Solar Energy unit and for how long you wish to run them.

Given a 2kw system, every household can enjoy 24hrs Uninterrupted #Electricity in Nigeria to power their basic loads.

When I hear people say they want to power their AC's on a solar system. My first question is do you power your ac o o generator? 97% of the time I get a no.

You can power the basic things with solar all day long and use your ac whenever phcn comes on. That way you enjoy the best of both worlds.

You can actually get a solar energy system for just N60k. Send request for more information to email : victor.nwosu@solynta.com.ng

Or call: 0803-512-5915

Thanks man, quite informative. @"do you use ac on generator" lmao!

I'll be sure to save your digits, for future ref.

1 Like

Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
ceaser:

Read this to find out how you may harness solar energy to drive major light loads on 12 volt/24 volt devices/appliances.

https://www.nairaland.com/2777363/aluminium-stone-coated-tiles-things/3#45057032

Thanks. Just went through it, you're good...

1 Like

Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Standing5(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
LadyExcellency:

They can't buy grass to feed their cows na electricity they go pay. They will simply vandalize it if they can't enjoy it free or extremely subsidized.

I follow you dey laugh.
Northerners aren't like that. They will use it spur industrial growth in no time to the surprise of southerners.
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by Krossbow123: 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Cost just 15k to get one
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
EnergyWA:

This idea has been relatively successful in other places such as Kenya. There is no reason why it should not be successful in Nigeria.
I think the first poster was concerned (and rightly so) by the unforseen but strong underground cartel run by generator importers in this country. Their direct livelihood will be affected by this proposed venture and they could find ways to politicise it. Case in point, remember LG's battery operated PLASMA TVs of a few yrs ago? I think if government finds a way to include them in the value chain somehow of making this project work (probably import the hardware or something), then it could benefit all - importers, finance operations, consumers alike.
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by ayowalerock(m): 8:22am On May 10, 2016
cool.
please I wanna know how effective this gadget is,I intend to buy but I need to be sure.
Does it charge laptops?
Re: International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria by coolchifx(m): 7:44am On Oct 18, 2016
You can make as much as N40k on your 200Ah used, bad/condemned inverter batteries. call or what app -08125203137 0r 08038105574(T&C apply)

Other Prices (Inverter Batteries)
150Ah - N25,000
100Ah - N18,000

For 2v (ATM) Batteries
1500Ah - N65,000
1000Ah - N40,000
500Ah - N18,000

For Car/ Trailer Batteries:
200 Ah - N28,000
100 Ah - N12000
75Ah - N8000
65Ah - N7500
45Ah - N5000

For Ups Batteries:

17Ah- N1500
12Ah - N1000
9Ah - N700

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Security Caught Looking Nyash Instead Of His Job (photo) / El-Rufai Pays Courtesy Visit On Sports Minister / Rivers State Lawmakers Confirm 4 Commissioners In Less Than 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.