Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,388 members, 7,843,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Fulani Herdsmen: Is Buhari To Blame? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen: Is Buhari To Blame? (368 Views)

IPOB Is A Threat To Unity, Herdsmen Is Not, Lai Mohammed Tells BBC - FFK Reacts / Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward / Justice Binta Nyako Is Buhari’s Sister – IPOB Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Is Buhari To Blame? by MrDavidson: 9:17am On Apr 29, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, permit me to throw a light discuss on the recent escalation of killings by the Fulani herdsmen. But before that, I would like to take you down a very recent memory lane.

About 2 months ago, there was a violent fracas at Mile 12 in Lagos between the Hausa community and their hosts. Unfortunately, at least one or two persons lost their lives, aside destruction of property.

I recall that my Igbo brothers and sisters came online taunting Yoruba for "being too a fool in their own land" in that it was reported that the visitors attacked first... The Igbos ranted on how that can never be tried in their own land.

Fast forward February to April, just a few days ago, the Fulani herdsmen ravaged a part of Enugu leaving sorrows and tears in their path. What surprised most me was that instead of the Igbos to blame the local Igbo policemen for not being alert enough to have warded off that attack and probably arrest all the attacks, they chose to direct their anger at Buhari. Was/Is Buhari the commissioner of police there? Probably 99% of policemen in Enugu are Igbo. Are we then saying they are conspiring with the Fulani militia?

Continuing to blame the President for the misdeeds of these bloodthirsty men will never solve the problem because this problem didn't begin when Buhari (a Fulani man) became president. The bulk of the blame should be on our local police officers at the grassroots whom I think are not doing enough to return fire for fire against this murderous group. This is because if they're really doing their job, they would have embarked on a mass search for those killers immediately after the dust settled and smoked them from their hiding places.

Let us not attempt to run away from the main matter and start holding on to straws of ethnic and religious divides. God bless Nigeria.

NB: I'm neither Yoruba nor Igbo.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Is Buhari To Blame? by ayodotcom(m): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2016
Op I totally agree wit u
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Is Buhari To Blame? by Movic1(m): 10:01am On Apr 29, 2016
I have few questions for you too

If Goodluck is still the president, Who will you blame?

Who do you blame for Bh attacks when GEJ was the President?

Note I'm neither PDP nor APC. Im a free Nigerian.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

About N4 Trillion Was Looted In The Name Arms Purchase By Jonathan's Govt. / President Buhari To Probe $16bn Investment Made During OBJ And Jonathan's Tenure / My assets Form Was Doctored, Saraki Tells CCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.