Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill (16003 Views)

Enugu Government Seals 8 Banks For Failing To Remit N1bn To The Govt / “We Want Grazing Reserves In The North Only” - Tambuwal / 940m Grazing Reserves For Herdsmen:lawmakers Fault Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by Novarae(f): 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
its not cool...really!!
Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:

I thank my Yoruba people for voting out that clueless man. If he dares to come back in 2019, he shouldn't even campaign in the SW.
And, he's more clueless than the Dog-brained poo we have now? The worst form of imprisonment is a CLOSED MIND. Open your mind and receive some enlightenment! This is one year! You're yet to realize that Buhari deceived you all, except Fayose and Fani kayode. These men are the epitome of integrity and sagacity. Wake up! Grow up! Get a life!
Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
Novarae:
its not cool...really!!
What is not cool? Rejecting the Grazing reserve bill? Are you a Fulani girl? Instead of joining the campaign against fulani, you're sympathetic to them! It's high time we wiped them out of the earth's surface!
Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by Rossikk(m): 1:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
Nairadays:
I almost squared with my colleagues in the office early last week concerning this issue, they were against the bill and i was for; partly because i thought it would minimalise community skirmishes with the herdsmen.

I now see reason with their concern, it is evident the Grazing Bill is dead on arrival.

What is the way out?

I don't know how government will track fulani herdsmen that travel round Nigeria on foot via state ring roads and jungles, totally out of our security's watch eyes. Enroute their journeys they encounter small communities who survive on farming, the cows don't know who's farm, they just graze along. Confront them and it's war.

This is indeed a bigger problem than envisaged.
The only solution is to arm the farmers, as far as I can see.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by Novarae(f): 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
justbusy:
What is not cool? Rejecting the Grazing reserve bill? Are you a Fulani girl? Instead of joining the campaign against fulani, you're sympathetic to them! It's high time we wiped them out of the earth's surface!
for ur info...I'm from Anambra......but wat has the Fulanis done to u...that's ud stoop so low as to impede their livelihood...when we've also got brothers and sisters grazing on their lands in whatever form of business......the govt is just being unbias
Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by billyG(m): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
what a delimna giv then a grazing reserve or continue 2 loose ya life,yur home,yur farms,yur pride,yur security,yur children,yur villages.
Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by Oscarmurry: 3:14pm On Apr 30, 2016
Fulanies are also citizens of Nigeria and they have a right to live anywhere in Nigeria, hate them or not you must live together with them.
Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by christopher123(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2016
Novarae:
for ur info...I'm from Anambra......but wat has the Fulanis done to u...that's ud stoop so low as to impede their livelihood...when we've also got brothers and sisters grazing on their lands in whatever form of business......the govt is just being unbias

Nkita racha GI ikpu ebe ahu
Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
Novarae:
It's hard to believe you're Igbo! I don't know what you mean by unbiased. If what you meant are: Partiality, wickedness, marginalisation, I'll agree with you that the govt is unbiased. Our people are not grazing on their economy, but building it for them. Perhaps, you grew up in the Northern part of the country. Nwannem nwanyi, these people are bunch of animals, including Buhari. Please, change this mindset, we don't need it in Igbo land.
Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
RareDiamonds:
NO TO GRAZING RESERVE IN ANY PART OF NIGERIA

Don't speak for everybody my brother. grin grin
Fulani's have kinsmen somewhere in Nigeria.
Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
Novarae:
its not cool...really!!

I don't know if you understand what is at stake here.
Yoruba's have shops in Kano, Ijaw's too, Igbo's the same. They pay for these shops. Why should government appropriate their lands so that Fulani's can rear cows? While you are contemplating the answer, the other worrying trend is that Nigerians want to diversify into agriculture, but these cows, with the cows they herd trample on every living crop they cannot eat.... and the 4 legged cows are still sold to Nigerians at exorbitant prices. Do you think that is cool?
As if that is the end o the matter, if you dare complain on the destruction meted out to your property, you will also be destroyed. Weigh that in your cool meter.
This is coming from a region that also has a religious policy and policing on businesses that the aforementioned subjects in their land own. undecided
I took time to explain it to you because your comment doesn't gel.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
A lot of Igbos in the North are into trading... so they might value shops... a lot of Yorubas in the North that I know are professionals (NYSC brought them there), so they might value office spaces...

You must be high on cow dung!

justbusy:
they should give the Yorubas OFFICES. But the Igbos SHOPS! Imagine! Are you high on ORIJIN or AWOKPA?
Re: Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill by iHustle(m): 6:17am On May 01, 2016
Novarae:

Wake up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online / Okonjo-iweala Directs SURE-P To Terminate Pact With Firm / Ngige Dares Oshiomhole Again, Delays NSITF Board Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.