Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

TRANSFORMING: The New Lycan - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TRANSFORMING: The New Lycan (19330 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: TRANSFORMING: The New Lycan by spikedawson: 1:49am On Sep 28, 2016
Continuation…..

Fred and his team got to Herlett falls in hope of seeing either Buck or John, but to their surprise, no one was there. Toby turned around, scanning the whole area; hoping they weren’t going to be ambushed. Owen’s negative nod confirmed their suspicions, indeed no one was at the falls. Fred was all fidgety, all hopes seemed to be crushed, they’ve come too far to be disappointed, to be sure it wasn’t some kind of time displacement he turned to Alice

“Are you sure we came at the right time, or we are a little bit earlier?”

“We are right on time Fred; it’s just a few minutes past eleven”

They were all surprised, looking around and thinking within them on what went wrong when they heard someone laugh. It was surprising, a laughter at a very odd moment, even without turning they knew the culprit, but his purpose was unknown. Fred looked at Sam bewildered, he was holding the hands of the lady supposed to be his prisoner and he was clutching his stomach with his other hand. It was when his laughter died down that he noticed the eyes of everyone was on him, even Britt was gawking surprisingly at him wishing the guy did not just run mad.

“Why are you all looking at me, the human wolf is not here”

“Is that something to laugh about” Alice countered irritated at Sam’s behavior

“That’s not why I laughed”

“Then why are you laughing” Alex another member of the football team asked

“The witch said he would be here”

“That’s still not a reason to laugh” this time the girl he was holding spoke

“Don’t you all get it, the witch played us like a fiddle, with the way she said everything like she knew what was and not going to happen, I knew in my guts that she was up to something, I merely laughed at my own realization”

He had just made sense everyone had just understood him and they were all filled with thoughts. Some were thinking what the witch end game of deceiving them was while others were simply thinking of how to find the witch and kill her for purposely leading them through the wrong track.

“So what now Fred” Alice asked with a sigh of defeat, If and only if Sam’s theory was correct they have all trained and prepared for nothing. Owen sudden movement eastward saved Fred from answering the question.

“Wait! I hear something, It’s coming from the preserve and no it’s not just anything, the breaking of twigs sound like it’s an army, though I can’t get their scent, too many things are in my way”

Fred looked on, he wanted to compliment the werewolf super senses but he thought against it, and though Owen was helping them he was still their enemy maybe for now they can call him a frenemy.

“You might just be wrong after the woman was old and she might have made a mistake”

Alice commented not sure if she was saying this because she didn’t want to believe the old woman fooled them for weeks or otherwise. Fred turned facing everyone and in his usual voice that screamed of authority he gave what Sam would call a feeble speech

“Alright people we are going to the woods, probably to meet our deaths or otherwise but there is one thing I know for sure we are going to revenge Sean Luke, there is no die trying here, We must revenge coach even if that’s the last thing we do”

Britt watched closely at not just Fred but every one of them and she wondered how someone was so hell bent on vengeance, to her if they kept on this way, they won’t last a second but she kept that to herself, who was she? She was just the daughter of who they wanted to kill and if not for the exchange she was sure she would be long dead. Sam on the other hand scoffed after Fred was true and as Fred was passing him he leaned closer and he whispered into his ear

“Please don’t call that a speech or a motive for encouragement if we rely on that we would all be dead”
Looking in disbelief he shook his head and walked away, they were headed for the preserve, sixteen of them

+++++++++++++++++
Meanwhile
+++++++++++++++++

We were at the preserves already, eleven of us, scouting this whole area, I asked them to do that though, to eradicate the element of surprise, if anything was going to get through this woods I want to know about it. It felt better to be home, the familiar air was soothing, I can’t believe I left this place; the preserve was just like my second home. Taking a deep breath I sensed someone or people, over twenty gladly it was not just me others sensed it too. This time I wasn’t waiting to be attacked, I was going straight to my attacker. I ran as fast as I could to where these people were coming from.

I had hopes of seeing the human wolf once again but instead I say friendly faces. Remember the girl I attacked the first day I got to school she was there, along with nineteen others.

“What the hell are you doing here Violet?” Mia asked surprised at the sudden appearance of another group

“Just like old times Mia, you and I together on a mission” Violet responded eyeing me in disgust “Just like you the principal sent me, so for once let us put our disputes away and fight together” she continued

“Not bad from a girl like you” Lance commented idly no caring about any status’ we were out of the school and that meant we were out of showing respect to someone higher than us in status.

Still trying to figure out a way around this I sensed something else ‘humans with no heartbeats, old wood’ shit! This was a very bad combination Vampires and Slaughs. Vampires I could deal with, but adding that old fast soul stealing character? This was going to be one hell of a fight.
I cringed in familiarity immediately I saw him, the one eyed man. He was a slaugh? I’ve seen him a couple of times in the school, Mia even introduced him to me as is it Santé or Santos I didn’t really care, she said he was her friend while she was in the woods, but that was not the only problem the vampires were drawing closer and the last time I checked that human wolf use to walk around with a few vampires, but instead of that bloody slowpoke someone else showed up

“Fred?’ I put in surprised looking around him I saw familiar faces; the remaining members of the foot ball team, that was predictable he had with him a big guy he was a werewolf and he also had a girl with him that idiot Sam was holding her then I saw Alice, my brother’s girlfriend. She was also surprised to see me I was really confused. Fred and the rest of the football team being a vampire that I can go with, but Alice? I was finding it really hard to believe my own eyes, and as if to confuse me more James showed up, a few feet in front of us. I didn’t sense him; I must have let my guard down when I saw Fred and Santos and that was a very bad thing to do.

To be continued……..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region / The Teacher (home-coming) +18 / LETHAL SEDUCTION //An Erotica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.