Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo (699 Views)

Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly / Buhari-Saraki Feud: APC Leaders Jittery, Fear Mass Defection- NewTelegraphOnline / Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by blazincruz(m): 1:32am On Apr 30, 2016
THE ruling Peoples Democratic Party PDP in Ondo state has suffered a set back as two former commissioners, Local government Chairmen and two former Lawmakers defected to the opposition All Progressive Congress APC. They claimed that over 5000 of former PDP chieftains dumped the ruling party for the opposition Party.

The former commissioners include that of former Adult, Technical and Vocational Education Mrs Kehinde Momoh and that of Local government and Chieftaincy Affairs Mr. Tayo Oluwatuyi. Others include former members of the state House of Assembly Bamido Omogbehin and Oyebo Aladetan‎ and the former Chairmen of local governments include Prince Olu Falolu, Tobi Akinlalu, Bailey Arohunmolase. Other former political office holders under the present government who jumped ship included Kasali Obanoyen, Chief Ajani Oladipupo, Mr Yele Akinya and Segun Ogodo.

Speaking on behalf of defectors, Arohunmolase attributed their joining the APC to failed promises of the PDP led government in the state. Arohunmolase said they are set to work in line of the APC directives at winning the governorship in November this year.

The Chairman of the APC, Isaacs Kekemeke at the ceremony held at the party secretariat in Akure described the defection” as the end of PDP’s hold on the politics of the state. Kekemeke promised to give all members equal right and level playing field to achieve their desires.

He stated that the party would put in place measures towards ensuring victory in the November polls and urged Nigerians to be patient with President Muhammadu Buhari led Federal government. Reacting to the defectors, the Publicity Secretary of the ruling PDP‎, Banji Okunomo described their action as good riddance to bad rubbish. Okunomo pointed out that they have no political relevance in their constituencies hence the reason they jumped ship at this crucial time. He added that ‎the defectors would be disappointed when they get to the opposition party. The Publicity Secretary assured the party members that the November election would separate the men from the boys.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/mass-defection-hits-pdp-ondo/
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by Pidggin(f): 5:22am On Apr 30, 2016
Reacting to the defectors, the Publicity Secretary of the ruling PDP‎, Banji Okunomo described their action as good riddance to bad rubbish. Okunomo pointed out that they have no political relevance in their constituencies hence the reason they jumped ship at this crucial time. He added that ‎the defectors would be disappointed when they get to the opposition party
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by iKarma: 5:26am On Apr 30, 2016
I think having SW governors under one umbrella is the key for survival at this critical period. Many Yorubas on this forum will disagree with me and that's fine. This is just my opinion.

I don't care which party, APC/PDP/KOWA makes it happen. SW needs to speak in one voice. Imagine Fayose, instead of inviting other SW governors to celebrate the mediocre projects he commissioned, he invited people wey no sabi how Yorubas survive. He should have had leaders from the SW region + Kwara + Yoruba Kogi present.

Fayose is causing a wedge in Yoruba union. He's becoming the modern Afonja of the SW.

No matter which party we embrace, Yoruba is Yoruba. We need to start viewing Politics the same way we view religion; Yorubas first before anything.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by Yorubasgreat(f): 5:30am On Apr 30, 2016
[s]
iKarma:
I think having SW governors under one umbrella is the key for survival at this critical period. Many Yorubas on this forum will disagree with me and that's fine. This is just my opinion.

I don't care which party, APC/PDP/KOWA makes it happen. SW needs to speak in one voice. Imagine Fayose, instead of inviting other SW governors to celebrate the mediocre projects he commissioned, he invited people wey no sabi how Yorubas survive. He should have at least had leaders from the SW region + Kwara + Yoruba Kogi present.

Fayose is causing a wedge in Yoruba union. He's becoming the modern Afonja of the SW.

No matter which party we embrace, Yoruba is Yoruba. We need to start viewing Politics the same way we view religion; Yorubas first before anything.
[/s]

I will only believe you anyday a Yoruba man becomes the Emir of Kwara.. .then we talk.
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by raumdeuter: 5:31am On Apr 30, 2016
How would the PDP survive Ondo State
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by Yorubasgreat(f): 5:34am On Apr 30, 2016
Pidggin:
Reacting to the defectors, the Publicity Secretary of the ruling PDP‎, Banji Okunomo described their action as good riddance to bad rubbish. Okunomo pointed out that they have no political relevance in their constituencies hence the reason they jumped ship at this crucial time. He added that ‎the defectors would be disappointed when they get to the opposition party

If they had asked thise there already.. They won't have made such grave mistakes. .

I hope they have heard that PDP so longer accepts people back..

So by the time APC pours them their own cup of poo.. Na OKOWA will be their last bus stop..

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by KelleneOkonkwo: 5:43am On Apr 30, 2016
Yorubasgreat:
[s][/s]

I will only believe you anyday a Yoruba man becomes the Emir of Kwara.. .then we talk.

You now have the gut to post from your IDP camp in Enugu, slavery have done a bad thing to your brain. What a shame

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by iKarma: 5:44am On Apr 30, 2016
Yorubasgreat:
[s][/s]

Ignorance is bliss. Does kwara state have an emir? In your haste to point out Ilorin, you showed your miseducation. The current governor of Kwara is of Yoruba descent, his presence in EKiti would have solidified the union.

I doubt you're Yoruba, because if you were, you'd have known that:

1. Ilorin is not Kwara, but a location in Kwara
2. Ilorin Emir doesn't dictate to 80% of Yorubas in Kwara, but to the 20% of Fulanis in Kwara.
3. You don't need to believe me, believing in yourself and who you are should have been enough.

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by iKarma: 5:48am On Apr 30, 2016
Yorubasgreat:

If they had asked thise there already.. They won't have made such grave mistakes. .

I hope they have heard that PDP so longer accepts people back..

So by the time APC pours them their own cup of poo.. Na OKOWA will be their last bus stop..

The same PDP that's begging its members not to leave?
They wouldn't hesitate to register a Fulani cow to round up their number.
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:19am On Apr 30, 2016
[s]
iKarma:

Ignorance is bliss. Does kwara state have an emir? In your haste to point out Ilorin, you showed your miseducation. The current governor of Kwara is of Yoruba descent, his presence in EKiti would have solidified the union.

I doubt you're Yoruba, because if you were, you'd have known that:

1. Ilorin is not Kwara, but a location in Kwara
2. Ilorin Emir doesn't dictate to 80% of Yorubas in Kwara, but to the 20% of Fulanis in Kwara.
3. You don't need to believe me, believing in yourself and who you are should have been enough.

[/s]

Have you finished??

Has the Emir been installed as demanded?
No, I guess.. So we talk when it's done.. Spluttering saliva all over the place won't help you as long as its FULANI Emir on the sit.. I cant talk to you.
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:21am On Apr 30, 2016
[s]
KelleneOkonkwo:

You now have the gut to post from your IDP camp in Enugu, slavery have done a bad thing to your brain. What a shame
[/s]

Another case of extreme pain..

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by realestworld(m): 6:22am On Apr 30, 2016
PDP make una nor worry. Na una many pass for online constituency. *laughing while trying to cover my broken teeth*
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo by KelleneOkonkwo: 6:31am On Apr 30, 2016
Yorubasgreat:
[s][/s]

Another case of extreme pain..

Lmao. Idp refugee spewing trash as usual.

(1) (Reply)

PDP, Not Buhari Or APC Caused Nigeria’s Economic Situation – Benue Speaker / Ten APC Examination Question / Prisoners Fed With #14000 Daily Scam Or Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.