Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate (15776 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh / Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie At The Foreign Affairs Symposium At Johns Hopkins (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by mamawin(f): 9:03pm On May 02, 2016
Emmahunk:

Sure I am. After reading Purple Hibiscus, she got me hooked with half of a yellow sun. For someone like me that has read a lot of books on the Civil War including Fredrick Forsyth's 'last plane from Uli', Chimamanda told the story in such a different way that I didn't realize she was even talking about the war. She is not of this age and time.
Guess, you are a fan also. Welcome on board.
so true about Chimamanda, I got hooked, too. I haven't read last plane from uli, but I've read Emeka, also by Forsythe.
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by Emmahunk(m): 8:24am On May 03, 2016
mamawin:
so true about Chimamanda, I got hooked, too. I haven't read last plane from uli, but I've read Emeka, also by Forsythe.

Good to have you on board. I guess it's high time we started Chimamanda's fans club, lol. Looking for Fredrick Forsyth's Emeka right now. Thanks.
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by mamawin(f): 10:27am On May 03, 2016
Emmahunk:

Good to have you on board. I guess it's high time we started Chimamanda's fans club, lol. Looking for Fredrick Forsyth's Emeka right now. Thanks.
Thanks, looking for that last plane, hope I can still catch up with it, lol
Re: Johns Hopkins University To Award Adichie Honorary Doctorate by wackpoet(m): 4:10pm On May 21, 2016
calliope:

so are you implying her name played a distinctive role than the character? cos kainene is translated looking up to GOD, cant really reconile the function her name played in expressing the character undecided and for th record i understand d Ibo language and its cosmology cool
Not sure if cryptic was the right word . But Kainene literally translates to let's be/keep looking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Game Of Love And Obsession / Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) / Top 5 Nairaland Crime Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.