Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,053 members, 7,956,933 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University (35468 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom / Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by biz9ja(m): 2:32pm On May 09, 2016
Great Ife!!! I love ma school
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Donnetimmy(m): 3:23pm On May 09, 2016
Great ife! congrats #TeamOAU
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by bobochem: 3:25pm On May 09, 2016
congrat to oau.we are proud of u.thank u 4 representing oau well
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Abuklaw(m): 3:56pm On May 09, 2016
I can't still fathom how team oau won this duel. With reference to what I read so far, OAU performed below expectation but God knows best. It is like something is wrong somewhere; are we acting script, are we pawns in the game of chess. OAU route to the final to me, is marred with irregularities.

Emasculate's essay is close to what the topic demands but not accurate.

All in all, kudos to all the players, organisers, moderators, judges and members of Nairaland intelligentsia.

I remain abuklaw! I am out!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 4:07pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:
I can't still fathom how team oau won this duel. With reference to what I read so far, OAU performed below expectation but God knows best. It is like something is wrong somewhere; are we acting script, are we pawns in the game of chess. OAU route to the final to me, is marred with irregularities.

All in all, kudos to all the players, organisers, moderators, judges and members of Nairaland intelligentsia.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by SOBSISRAEL(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2016
emmaculate99 OAUtemitayo.

Congrats

Even I could not follow you guys up to this level. you are great. you broke the jinx.

Thanks bro..

Uniilorin , you guys did wonderfully well. Bravo!!!!!

Fynestboi and fattkay . You guys worth a national merit award for this innovative work. Everyone, that has contributed to this great work, I say welldone.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 4:13pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:

Sometimes it is better to keep mute than talk just for the essence of being seen.
How is our route to the final marred with irregularities?
You are the worst loser I have ever seen in my life.
OAU lost in two consecutive editions but you didn't shout irregularities then.
Why do Nigerians behave like this?
Is this inborn or something else!
What is the definition of your accuracy?
You complained against team Unilorin when they defeated you?
You are always complaining when you are not the winner.
Shameful.
Or a you a bad belle ni?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Abuklaw(m): 4:16pm On May 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Smh
The last time I checked, I am still entitle to my honest, sincere and legal opinion. Congratulations to you temitayo but I can't trade my opinion for diplomacy.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 4:21pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:
The last time I checked, I am still entitle to my honest, sincere and legal opinion. Congratulations to you temitayo but I can't trade my opinion for diplomacy.
Whatever.
It is part and parcel of you.
There are schools you defeated on you route to the semi final. They didn't cry foul.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Abuklaw(m): 4:24pm On May 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Sometimes it is better to keep mute than talk just for the essence of being seen.
How is our route to the final marred with irregularities?
You are the worst loser I have ever seen in my life.
OAU lost in two consecutive editions but you didn't shout irregularities then.
Why do Nigerians behave like this?
Is this inborn or something else!
What is the definition of your accuracy?
You complained against team Unilorin when they defeated you?
You are always complaining when you are not the winner.
Shameful.
Or a you a bad belle ni?
I sincerely have nothing against you. if I were the judges yesterday, you stand no chance of winning! that is my opinion and perception of what occurred yesterday. Call me a loser, I don't care. I will only advice you to stop concentrating your strength on dragging people who don't agree with you to the mood. If you want me to say good things about you all the times because you are my friend, then forget it! you will never get that from me.

Congratulations once again temitayo. I have got nothing against your person.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 4:29pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:
I sincerely have nothing against you. if I were the judges yesterday, you stand no chance of winning! that is my opinion and perception of what occurred yesterday. Call me a loser, I don't care. I will only advice you to stop concentrating your strength on dragging people who don't agree with you to the mood. If you want me to say good things about you all the times because you are my friend, then forget it! you will never get that from me.

Congratulations once again temitayo. I have got nothing against your person.
Who dragged you to the mod?
Are you dreaming.
If you were the Judge? Wishful thinking
People using quota system to gain admission want to judge people using merit.
We use 200 and above not 180 bro

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 09, 2016
Mojoy88:

Although I rep OAU, you were my best debater. kudos

Thanks boss! To you I am, but to our judges, I am not. I scored the lowest score now.tongue tongue

kiss kiss (Laughs)
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 4:34pm On May 09, 2016
Neyoor:

Thanks boss! To you I am, but to our judges, I am not. I scored the lowest score now.tongue tongue

kiss kiss (Laughs)
That is caracta.
She gave me 11. After spending hours arguing online na 11 over 30 she gave me.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by emaculate99: 4:37pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:

Please, I am not Emasculate, I am Emaculate.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Catalyst4real: 6:25pm On May 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Who dragged you to the mod?
Are you dreaming.
If you were the Judge? Wishful thinking
People using quota system to gain admission want to judge people using merit.
We use 200 and above not 180 bro
Why are you always like this?
Now you're channelling your impetus towards Abu and Abu's system of admission.
can't he(Abuklaw) state his personal opinion on the debate merely as an audience?

If he had ascribed all the praise to you, would you react the same way?

You're always quick to turn everything into a duel, you may have won the debate but you still have a lot of personality issues to deal with

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 09, 2016
I Hereby declare my intentions to participate in NISD 2016/17 for Covenant University.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:

My friend!

we are so much aware of everything abound. Although, nobody is infallible but not a pathetic and disastrous loss like this. We don't want to disrupt the peace of the contest and that's why we kept quiet since yesterday. We would issue and open letter from our own end at the appropriate time to address some irregularities and observations we witnessed during the whole process. It was obvious that the debate was keenly contested yesterday and the result that followed it was something that is questionable but God forbid that day I would be an agent of disruption. I like you for your objectivity and for being a very good observant just like some peeps here also are.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by easytech1(m): 9:59pm On May 09, 2016
Nigerians are familiar with politicians and their rants whenever they lose a contest, Politicians are politician while erudites are erudite. It is illogical to wail because you lose after fighting a gallant fight in a tourney. I knew OAU had won even before results were released. An objective analysis of presentations by contestants should speak more. Both team tried but OAU deserves it more.
The two judges did the best they could and the results justify their effort. But if you think othewise, dont forget they are human too and fallible. Your allegations against them is one against their credibility and such allegation ought to be backed by indisputable evidence.
Now, @abuklaw, your name suggests that you are a law student which means you should be more logical in your deductions. If your assertion was right and OAU performed below expectation then other contestants' performance must have been below that of OAU representatives for OAU to have won it. "it is like something is wrong somewhere; are we acting script, are we pawns in the game of chess. OAU route to the final to me, is marred with irregularities" This statement of yours got me worrying about the future of this generation and our dogma that nothing could be achieved in Nigeria without bias..........i wonder what your comment would be if your school won the competition. My little advice for you is that you should consider the effort and resources invested in this contest before you utter demeaning languages like this one.
@Neyoor, you guys did the best you could, whether anybody likes it or not, a winner must emerge and the runner ups must feel somehow but dont be a wailer. Lose to rise again. For the sake of those who cherich your contributions - be objective enough to accept defeat.
Some of the rationale behind this contest is for us to come together, share knowledge and grow together; dont forget that.
OAU, with no modicum of doubt, deserves this victory more. Its hard but live with that fact for now.
#shalom
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 09, 2016
easytech1:
Nigerians are familiar with politicians and their rants whenever they lose a contest, Politicians are politician while erudites are erudite. It is illogical to wail because you lose after fighting a gallant fight in a tourney. I knew OAU had won even before results were released. An objective analysis of presentations by contestants should speak more. Both team tried but OAU deserves it more.
The two judges did the best they could and the results justify their effort. But if you think othewise, dont forget they are human too and fallible. Your allegations against them is one against their credibility and such allegation ought to be backed by indisputable evidence.
Now, @abuklaw, your name suggests that you are a law student which means you should be more logical in your deductions. If your assertion was right and OAU performed below expectation then other contestants' performance must have been below that of OAU representatives for OAU to have won it. "it is like something is wrong somewhere; are we acting script, are we pawns in the game of chess. OAU route to the final to me, is marred with irregularities" This statement of yours got me worrying about the future of this generation and our dogma that nothing could be achieved in Nigeria without bias..........i wonder what your comment would be if your school won the competition. My little advice for you is that you should consider the effort and resources invested in this contest before you utter demeaning languages like this one.
@Neyoor, you guys did the best you could, whether anybody likes it or not, a winner must emerge and the runner ups must feel somehow but dont be a wailer. Lose to rise again. For the sake of those who cherich your contributions - be objective enough to accept defeat.
Some of the rationale behind this contest is for us to come together, share knowledge and grow together; dont forget that.
OAU, with no modicum of doubt, deserves this victory more. Its hard but live with that fact for now.
#shalom

Well said but only if you will hide under any guise of biasness, that's when you will admit the result is the best to be accorded for such tensed debate. I know their must be a winner but the result doesn't portray objectivity, especially that of the 2nd judge. Even the winner could attest to the result. The margin is another thing I'm still wondering about till now. So, that's how poor we've throughly faired in the debate? I wish their could be critical analysis and not just score sheet like we witnessed.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 10:15pm On May 09, 2016
Catalyst4real:

Why are you always like this?
Now you're channelling your impetus towards Abu and Abu's system of admission.
can't he(Abuklaw) state his personal opinion on the debate merely as an audience?

If he had ascribed all the praise to you, would you react the same way?

You're always quick to turn everything into a duel, you may have won the debate but you still have a lot of personality issues to deal with
Why must you people always resort to questioning the integrity of the judges whenever you lose?
The main reason why I agreed yesterday to the two judges was because you said we should not allow somebody that didn't witness the debate to judge.
This is sickening I swear.
You are saying that Obiniscopy and Caracta aided the victory of OAU?
That is ridiculous and you know it.
Are you people better than OAU students ni? Hell no. Neither will OAU students ever proclaim that they are better than you.
This is an intellectual debate in which your arguments may be fallible before the judges.
Do you people have a monopoly of knowledge to determine who perform below expectation?
You are the people with personality issues.
Sickening
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Abuklaw(m): 10:27pm On May 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Who dragged you to the mod? Are you dreaming. If you were the Judge? Wishful thinking People using quota system to gain admission want to judge people using merit. We use 200 and above not 180 bro
And ui uses 250. lol
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 10:32pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:
And ui uses 250. lol
In your wildest dream
Of all things, you have shown me that not all writers are sincere
Shalom
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Abuklaw(m): 10:42pm On May 09, 2016
easytech1:
#shalom
I will reiterate again that I have got no hatred for OAU. just like you summed up that OAU deserved the victory, I also concluded that Unilorin should have won it. The difference here is that you are being dogmatic. No where in the world will such an event round up without diverse opinion on its outcome.

Go and check the threads where ABU lost and give me feedback on whether I bickered after the result was announced. It just in your bid to defend what you think is right that you allowed emotion to cloud your sense of justice.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Abuklaw(m): 10:43pm On May 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
In your wildest dream
Of all things, you have shown me that not all writers are sincere
Shalom
Of all things, I have learnt that some people can be petty and shallow when trying to defend themselves.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by easytech1(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:
I will reiterate again that I have got no hatred for OAU. just like you summed up that OAU deserved the victory, I also concluded that Unilorin should have won it. The difference here is that you are being dogmatic. No where in the world will such an event round up without diverse opinion on its outcome.

Go and check the threads where ABU lost and give me feedback on whether I bickered after the result was announced. It just in your bid to defend what you think is right that you allowed emotion to cloud your sense of justice.
sad
Abuklaw:
I will reiterate again that I have got no hatred for OAU. just like you summed up that OAU deserved the victory, I also concluded that Unilorin should have won
it. The difference here is that you are being dogmatic. No where in the world will such an event round up without diverse opinion on its outcome.

emotion? nothing like that. just the objective truth.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by easytech1(m): 10:49pm On May 09, 2016
Neyoor:

Well said but only if you will hide under any guise of biasness, that's when you will admit the result is the best to be accorded for such tensed debate. I know their must be a winner but the result doesn't portray objectivity, especially that of the 2nd debater. Even the winner could attest to the result. The margin is another thing I'm still wondering about till now. So, that's how poor we've throughly faired in the debate? I wish their could be critical analysis and not just score sheet like we witnessed.

you have a point sha.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 10:50pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:

Look at you
You said our route to the final has been marred with irregularities!
Yet you can't substantiate your reckless and mischievous accusation.
How low can you stoop?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Abuklaw(m): 10:53pm On May 09, 2016
Neyoor:

My friend!

we are so much aware of everything abound. Although, nobody is infallible but not a pathetic and disastrous loss like this. We don't want to disrupt the peace of the contest and that's why we kept quiet since yesterday. We would issue and open letter from our own end at the appropriate time to address some irregularities and observations we witnessed during the whole process. It was obvious that the debate was keenly contested yesterday and the result that followed it was something that is questionable but God forbid that day I would be an agent of disruption. I like you for your objectivity and for being a very good observant just like some peeps here also are.

I have said the obvious truth according to what I read yesterday. The judges know the yardsticks employed in grading you, but to me it is unfair.

Kudos to you guys for your performance doggedness.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Abuklaw(m): 11:02pm On May 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Look at you
You said our route to the final has been marred with irregularities!
Yet you can't substantiate your reckless and mischievous accusation.
How low can you stoop?
Do you want me to start copying the audience opinions in the aftermath of your debate against LASU? I can stoop lower to air my opinions and views! I am undaunted in my quest to let the organisers know what my evaluation is. You stoop lower by attacking the admission process of my school, in which you are even wrong by saying we use quota. For clarity purpose, ABU adopts catchment area just like OAU whose catchment area is the southwestern States. ABU only took a step further by making sure every States in the federation is represented in an admission year -this I can gladly tell you is survival of the fittest.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by OAUTemitayo: 11:04pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:
Do you want me to start copying the audience opinions in the aftermath of your debate against LASU? I can stoop lower to air my opinions and views! I am undaunted in my quest to let the organisers know what my evaluation is. You stoop lower by attacking the admission process of my school, in which you are even wrong by saying we use quota. For clarity purpose, ABU adopts catchment area just like OAU whose catchment area is the southwestern States. ABU only took a step further by making sure every States in the federation is represented in an admission year -this I can gladly tell you is survival of the fittest.
Which audience. You always believed that you have a monopoly of knowledge
Whatever
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 09, 2016
Abuklaw:

I have said the obvious truth according to what I read yesterday. The judges know the yardsticks employed in grading you, but to me it is unfair.
Kudos to you guys for your performance doggedness.

Thanks boss!

If the integrity of the final of a contest is questioned and eventually end up in a messy and outrageous argy-bargy, people would actually be feeling reluctant to participate in the next edition. Continuity is the what I envisage for this type of intellectual discourse and that's why I shield my sword yesternite and I told my team mate to keep calm. I would send my opinions and observations to the organizers privately, for them to adjust against next edition. There is always room for change.

We might I've lost but we know we are not losers. The commitment, conviction, perseverance and all sorts have made us to be stronger.

kiss kiss
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University by easytech1(m): 11:14pm On May 09, 2016
Neyoor:

Thanks boss!

If the integrity of the final of a contest is questioned and eventually end up in a messy and outrageous argy-bargy, people would actually be feeling reluctant to participate in the next edition. Continuity is the what I envisage for this type of intellectual discourse and that's why I shield my sword yesternite and I told my team mate to keep calm. I would send my opinions and observations to the organizers privately, for them to adjust against next edition. There is always room for change.

We might I've lost but we know we are not losers. The commitment, conviction, perseverance and all sorts have made us to be stronger.

kiss kiss

note please, it is sheath not shield.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which City Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria? / UNILAG Student Drinks Sniper And Dies (Photo) / LASU Bread: Lagos State University Launches LASU Bread Bakery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.