Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,764 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. (3406 Views)

Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds / Dog Breeds Similar To The Nigerian ‘local Dog’ / My Pitbull/rottweiler Cross Breed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Sudirnge1(f): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2016
Advice pls i was sold a mongrel instead of a gsd/caucasian crossbreed. I am really sad because i just confirm i was swindled. My sons freind keeps dogs and he claimed to have a mix of gsd mother cauc father he even went as far as showing my son the parents but today when i took them for the second round of vacine my vet told me they are local dogs.what annoyed me most is the fact that in their house there is no single local dog in sight, could these mean that they where brought in from else where? Unfortunately this is my first atemp at keeping foriegn dongs, ive had several local dogs and to be franck these puppies where actually looking different as at the time i bought them. But as they were growing i was expecting them to increase in the features and even growth which didnt happen, instead the features were deminishing. Im confused and angry that i was sold local dogs at 10,000.and i bought two.pls what is your advice because i want to return them and if he dosent refund me my money i will make a case because i try to be honest in all my dealings i have not deliberately cheat anybody so i'm really hurt that somone is doinh it to me the worst is that i was even broke and had to borrow this money .i stay in abuja pls advice me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by tripplephi: 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
You know the drill.... Pictures or we don't believe it....

1 Like

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Flexherbal(m): 1:25pm On Apr 30, 2016
Photos, please...
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Sudirnge1(f): 1:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
tripplephi:
You know the drill.... Pictures or we don't believe it....
tnx but if you read my write up carefully you will know the pain with which im writing so how can i lie about it. But here are the pics i hope you compensate me with a dog i will apreciate and love it although not mongrels ooooooh.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Sudirnge1(f): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2016
Flexherbal:
Photos, please...
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Sudirnge1(f): 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
[quote author=Sudirnge1 post=45183203][/quote]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by tripplephi: 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
Sudirnge1:
tnx but if you read my write up carefully you will know the pain with which im writing so how can i lie about it. But here are the pics i hope you compensate me with a dog i will apreciate and love it although not mongrels ooooooh.

I have two rottweilers male n female n 4 alsatian dogs.... But just sold the last puppy for 70k... Wouldn't mind giving you one but none of both female dogs are on heat yet... Thanks for the pics.
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Stancrus(m): 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2016
I feel ur pain take heart it's one of those things..this not the first time such things are happenin neither would it be the last

The fact that you bought those puppies as low as 10k ur expectations shouldn't be high 10k is not even enough to buy a pure breed German sheperd, talkless of a caucasian cross breed

To me I would say u keep the puppies love and care for them irrespective of there breed and make budget next time for ur desired puppies this time from a reputable breeder so as not to be fooled again

3 Likes

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Sudirnge1(f): 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
tripplephi:

I have two rottweilers male n female n 4 alsatian dogs.... But just sold the last puppy for 70k... Wouldn't mind giving you one but none of both female dogs are on heat yet... Thanks for the pics.
tnx four your concern
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by nigeriancritic1(m): 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
Sudirnge1:
Advice pls i was sold a mongrel instead of a gsd/caucasian crossbreed. I am really sad because i just confirm i was swindled. My sons freind keeps dogs and he claimed to have a mix of gsd mother cauc father he even went as far as showing my son the parents but today when i took them for the second round of vacine my vet told me they are local dogs.what annoyed me most is the fact that in their house there is no single local dog in sight, could these mean that they where brought in from else where? Unfortunately this is my first atemp at keeping foriegn dongs, ive had several local dogs and to be franck these puppies where actually looking different as at the time i bought them. But as they were growing i was expecting them to increase in the features and even growth which didnt happen, instead the features were deminishing. Im confused and angry that i was sold local dogs at 10,000.and i bought two.pls what is your advice because i want to return them and if he dosent refund me my money i will make a case because i try to be honest in all my dealings i have not deliberately cheat anybody so i'm really hurt that somone is doinh it to me the worst is that i was even broke and had to borrow this money .i stay in abuja pls advice me.
laff wan kill me> na computer village you buy am or alaba> your own don finish. maga still remain oh!!! Aje paaki.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by petux(m): 3:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
tripplephi:

who ask u story?
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by ataspray(m): 10:38pm On May 01, 2016
lol this thread is so funny op abeg no vex grin grin
look at d pencil mouthed long snouted creatures eating your food with joy grin

6 Likes

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Lavendra(f): 4:54am On May 02, 2016
I don't understand they look like pure local dogs did the vet have to tell you before you found out? Nawa oh
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by marshalcarter: 5:05am On May 02, 2016
Lwkm...all dis dogs na bingo naa...u sef na wa oo...u no make full spec b4 u go carry dis baby mouse put for house grin

Na dis kain dog wey be sey if e bark..u go tink sey na cough e dey cough...grin grin

Sorry..op just eeerm#scratches head#

Return the goat sha and collect ya cash...dog rather grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by harwe: 6:47am On May 02, 2016
Did you say your son's friend? I think you have not bn nice to your son as I will admit that your own son actually swindled you accompanied by his friend...You don't need to return just show the bingo some love and extend the love to your son...
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by LordRegalia: 10:55am On May 02, 2016
Sudirnge1:

Hello Sudirnge1.

My first comment would be; why would anyone expect to get anything good in the form of a dog for N10,000? Some prices may seem too good to be true, but the fact that anyone would offer to sell a "gsd/caucasian" cross for N10,000 should be enough to raise eyebrows as to the authenticity of the pups or the seller themselves. I guess the lure of a cheap deal sometimes clouds people's ability to ask necessary questions.

Secondly, you said you have had several local dogs in the past. I believe that should have equipped you with enough knowledge and experience to spot a local dog pup even with deep sleep in your eyes.

That said, I am not here to judge you. You requested for advice on what to do and I would suggest the most logical thing to do. The fact is that you were swindled and this is wrong. So you are entitled to make a case of it and demand your refund. So, son's friend or not, you need to remove sentiments and ask the fellow who sold the dogs to you to come right away to collect his animals and refund your money, or else a trip to the nearest police station would be in order. You do not owe him anything, neither do you have to keep the dogs if you do not want them.

As an aside, It is highly irritating to look at the dogs in photos you posted. They are nasty. And the way they are gobbling the food is not helping matters. Please ask that fellow to come and take his animals asap.
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by trinity123: 11:38am On May 02, 2016
harwe:
Did you say your son's friend? I think you have not bn nice to your son as I will admit that your own son actually swindled you accompanied by his friend...You don't need to return just show the bingo some love and extend the love to your son...
I think it's highly uncalled for to assume her son swindled her. And to say she's not showing love to her son as the reason why is very wrong. You should apologise to the lady for such a statement. You have no right to say such things when you know nothing about the person. A lot of times local puppies are always so cute and fluffy and for the person to say it's mixed breed might have made her not to think why they didn't look like either of the breeds he claimed to be the parents. And also if she knows nothing about dogs breeds it's easy for her to get confused. I have personally seen a lot of mongrels here on nairaland been paraded as pure breeds. Even some so called GSD's especially. Just because they are black and tan doesn't make it a GSD. That aside ma'am, it's either you just take those dogs and care for them or return them. Dogs are dogs regardless of what breed. Those dogs didn't choose to be born local dogs. So hating them or making fun of them for what they had no choice in isn't right.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Seun(m): 12:44pm On May 02, 2016
Many people think they have GSDs whereas they don't. 10,000 naira is a good price for the kind of dogs you got. If you like them, keep them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by laivwire(m): 11:33pm On May 02, 2016
Just look at those dogs. Lwkmd cheesy
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by arcbay(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2016
The seller might be right to some extent, just that he didn't reveal all d facts....if u mate a badly bred GSD with a badly bred CO, both from impure progeny, such puppies could be the outcome. If u trace the pedigree of these pups, they'll take u all d way up to a mutt. That's d power of genes. And I feel the seller is aware of these fact, and that's why he sold to u for 10k.

If I were u, I'll let it slide. Keep the dogs if u love them and if they fulfil their obligations as pets or security.

Just try save up if u're so keen on having foreign breeds. Puppies from pure progeny don't come cheap. And always endeavor to show off the pups to experts before paying for them.

Please forgive ur son's friend. The young lad is only trying to earn an income.
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Sudirnge1(f): 7:15pm On May 03, 2016
trinity123:

I think it's highly uncalled for to assume her son swindled her. And to say she's not showing love to her son as the reason why is very wrong. You should apologise to the lady for such a statement. You have no right to say such things when you know nothing about the person. A lot of times local puppies are always so cute and fluffy and for the person to say it's mixed breed might have made her not to think why they didn't look like either of the breeds he claimed to be the parents. And also if she knows nothing about dogs breeds it's easy for her to get confused. I have personally seen a lot of mongrels here on nairaland been paraded as pure breeds. Even some so called GSD's especially. Just because they are black and tan doesn't make it a GSD. That aside ma'am, it's either you just take those dogs and care for them or return them. Dogs are dogs regardless of what breed. Those dogs didn't choose to be born local dogs. So hating them or making fun of them for what they had no choice in isn't right.
tnx alot i've always kept local dogs mainly for security purpose because they are not so demanding in terms of attention for im a very busy person and often see them during dinner except im on leave yet they serve their purpose just well.but the boy is promising to replace one of the pups.actually if he intentionaly swirdled me then its not because of the amount cause my son do give out things of value to friends when the need arise with my consent, let me mention that the he claimed the moneyhe is collecting is because of what he is spendinding on feeding if not he would have given it to my son for free and being an orpharn i understood with him.
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Sudirnge1(f): 7:33pm On May 03, 2016
harwe:
i dont blame u its because im sharing my concern thats y you had the opportunity to spill rubbish from your mouth. I have lived with my son for 17 years and has never had any reason to doubt him even when hundreds of thousands is involed because i own a fish farm so is it 20,000 that will be his attraction? Well probably u did that to your parents or still do it to them. i brought my children up in the way of the lord and they are the best gift God has given me, i love them and they reciprocate that love we are best of freinds.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by atoleybaba(m): 7:09am On May 04, 2016
10k for 2 locally bred mongrel is a fair price....he gave u what ur money could get.....his only wrong doing was lying to u that they are product of cauc and gsd.ma'am since the mongrels are worth 10k u should just love them
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Sudirnge1(f): 3:55pm On May 04, 2016
atoleybaba:
10k for 2 locally bred mongrel is a fair price....he gave u what ur money could get.....his only wrong doing was lying to u that they are product of cauc and gsd.ma'am since the mongrels are worth 10k u should just love them
tnx but the 10k was for each dog ie the two costing 20k. I do buy local/foreign crossing at 10k, and pure local breed at 5k. Like you said my anger was more on why he had to lie and i came on this forum to talk to someone because i was angry and i did't want to talk or act under such condition because he is a litle boy. @all that contributed tnx,he has apologised with some stories which i dont unstand well since im not into foriegn dog keeping/breeding but i'v forgiven him and ask him to replace and tell me the balance and this time around my vet will go with my son to pick up the pup after inspecting it.tnx once more.
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by atoleybaba(m): 6:54pm On May 04, 2016
Sudirnge1:
tnx but the 10k was for each dog ie the two costing 20k. I do buy local/foreign crossing at 10k, and pure local breed at 5k. Like you said my anger was more on why he had to lie and i came on this forum to talk to someone because i was angry and i did't want to talk or act under such condition because he is a litle boy. @all that contributed tnx,he has apologised with some stories which i dont unstand well since im not into foriegn dog keeping/breeding but i'v forgiven him and ask him to replace and tell me the balance and this time around my vet will go with my son to pick up the pup after inspecting it.tnx once more.
that's so mature of you. #thumbs up
Re: I Was Sold A Local Dog Instead Of A Gsd/cauc Cross Breed Advice. by Ibukin(f): 1:39pm On May 06, 2016
Don't u knw hw to identify a GERMANSHEPAPGRD.

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Bobbysaxy Season 2 / African Grey Parrot, Mona Monkeys, Crocodiles, Peacock, Antelopes Etc Available / Main Canines' Pure Bred American Pit Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.