Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208410 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by kolinz(m): 11:42am On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Yes because Faith is the excuse people give themselves to believe something that they absolutely have no reason to believe at all in the first place.

Faith is what it takes to believe something you ordinarily wouldn't have believed.

I'd rather base my confidence in reason, logic and empirical study other than blind faith because faith in essence is blind and dishonest.

it entails insertion of stoic conviction asserted without reason and needs to be protected against all reason.

none of us needs faith when something is clearly evidential, it is only when people want to substitute emotions for proof and fantasy for reality that they invoke faith.

If you only need faith to believe something then it's obvious you have no reason to believe it at all

Great one from you, since you guys don't believe in the existence of any God or god could you please tell me here what you believe to be the true account of the creation of earth and the origin of man using empirical evidence.

Take the following in consideration,
1, logic is not enough to counter the existence of God i. e because u don't believe doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
2, man have existed for over a billion years

Now since u believe only empirical evidence there are chances that the people you call your parents aren't really your biological parents, unless you have gone for a DNA testing. How many of you atheists have doubts of their parents? It still boils down to faith. You need it, I need it, its in everyone's sub conscious mind

4 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by yungchop: 11:45am On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Please sir tell us what you mean by that bolded phrase?
its a simple statement. Its a double chance option. that is to say if you're the confused type just live in peace.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by swaggzo(m): 11:45am On May 02, 2016
reasonwitme:
i am crying right now cos of u my brother.how can God allow an asset to his kingdom to wander away.u r an extraordinary being, deep rooted in God,did wonders and about to turn d world around for him but here u r,wandering away. Y God?I have one prayer point;God Pls prove urself again in d life of dis ur son so he can testify of ur existence.my brother,u r too dangerous and knowledgeble to b left in d hands of unbelief.u shall do greater things for God.

GOD WOULD HAVE KEPT HIM CLOSE TO HIM IF HE WAS AUTHENTIC!

I SEE THE WHOLE BIBLE AS ONE FAT COMIC BOOK, SO THAT WHENEVER I'M BORED AND TRYING TO GIVE UP ON LIFE... I FLIP ITS PAGES AND READ SOME COMIC STUFF THAT REMINDS ME THAT I'M NOT AS FOOLISH AS THE MILLIONS WHO BELIEVE THE BIBLE STORIES.

IF YOU'RE A LITERATE PERSON, AND KNOW HOW TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ,
YOU DON'T NEED TO READ THE BIBLE FOR YEARS TO SEE HOW bleeped UP IT IS.

THE FIRST 5 CHAPTERS OF THE BOOK OF GENESIS REALLY MESSED EVERYTHING UP.

I READ THOSE CHAPTERS ALMOST ANYTIME I'M BORED.. .. SUCH A GREAT STORY!

THANK YOU GOD FOR INSTRUCTING THE AUTHORS, AT LEAST SINCE I CANNOT AFFORD COMIC BOOKS OR TICKETS TO WATCH AY AND CO ON STAGE, I JUST READ YOUR "HOLY" FUNNY BOOK AND LAUGH FOR FREE cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 11:47am On May 02, 2016
kolinz:

Great one from you, since you guys don't believe in the existence of any God or god could you please tell me here what you believe to be the true account of the creation of earth and the origin of man using empirical evidence.

Take the following in consideration,
1, logic is not enough to counter the existence of God i. e because u don't believe doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
Oh logic is not enough to counter the existence of any fantasy i can imagine up here..

example: There is a pink diamond flying blue white unicorn somewhere in space...

that you probably don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't exist and that i believe it will never make it true..

So you see? It is left for me to substantiate my claim and not just claim logic cannot counter it, if i can't then it is just a baseless claim...

same goes for your claim of God(s).. if you cannot substantiate then it is a baseless claim and there is nothing to counter

empirico-rantionalism...

2, man have existed for over a billion years

This is incorrect i wonder where you got that

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by yungchop: 11:47am On May 02, 2016
I BELIEVE ERRBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT TO BELIEVE IN RIGHT?? OK, I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IN A SUPREME BEING ( ALLAH) TILL THE DAY HUMAN WILL CREATE A LIVING THING.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 11:48am On May 02, 2016
yungchop:
its a simple statement. Its a double chance option. that is to say if you're the confused type just live in peace.

This doesn't answer the question sir.. my question was what exactly does "live as if there is a God" mean?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 11:49am On May 02, 2016
Millex:
If you say God threw Job under the bus by allowing the devil test him then you are mistaken.
If you have a very brilliant child or a staff you say is of good character, won't you be proud of that child or staff. Won't you boost of that child to everyone? Surely someone will say it's because he is under your supervision that the child /staff is good and would request to test him.
That is exactly what happened God asked the Devil have your seen my son Job? Sure God must have pointed other people to Devil and God allowed devil to test them. However Job was referenced in the bible because he didn't fall, others must have fallen. Have you forgotten that to him who endure temptation and and prosecution shall be crowned with a crown of gold in the end.
If all these had happened before the time of Jesus they would have been struck down. Jesus came and gave us dispensation of grace, that's why you can abuse God and not have felt the wrath of God.
My prayer is that you return to God and be sober, for after the rapture every man left behind would shed his own blood during tribulation to be saved.

You people are so in love with fairy tales, so much so that your whole existence is rooted in fairy tales.
Now, if God and Devil are always also conferencing to test humans on who commands more loyalty between the two of them, why disturb the rest of humanity? Let two of them get into the ring and test their powers or popularity, it has nothing to do with the rest of humanity.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by yungchop: 11:50am On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

This doesn't answer the question sir.. my question was what exactly does "live as if there is a God" mean?
even if there is no god, live like there is!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2016
yungchop:
even if there is no god, live like there is!
you are not even understanding your own words.

How does one live as if there is a God or vice versa?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by zzzzy: 11:55am On May 02, 2016
This thread is funny. I'm seeing people who are christians, satanists, atheists and even someone talking of domino reverad. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 11:56am On May 02, 2016
wirinet:

You people are so in love with fairy tales, so much so that your whole existence is rooted in fairy tales.
Now, if God and Devil are always also conferencing to test humans on who commands more loyalty between the two of them, why disturb the rest of humanity? Let two of them get into the ring and test their powers or popularity, it has nothing to do with the rest of humanity.

The story of Job painted a rather simpleton-like God who could be easily swayed by just a little trick of the devil.

"Just take away all his wealth and you will see he will renounce you" Said the devil.

God thought for a while and was like "Hhmmm eeehm ok let's do it"
(for goodness sake he was supposed to be all knowing!!! shocked)

how come such taunting childish trick worked on him, like seriously

The bible paints a rather ignorant, childish, easily taunted and deceived concept still claiming all powerful, all knowing which contradicts all it's actions in the bible

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by swaggzo(m): 11:57am On May 02, 2016
yungchop:
I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IN A SUPREME BEING ( ALLAH) TILL THE DAY HUMAN WILL CREATE A LIVING THING.

MY MAN IT SEEMS YOU'RE A MUSLIM.

ONE TIME, A MUSLIM FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME THAT ACCORDING TO YOUR RELIGION, THE MOON RISES AND SETS FROM A BODY OF WATER.
IS THAT TRUE?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by kolinz(m): 11:58am On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

This is incorrect i wonder where you got that
Your evolution theory, Now educate me on the origin of man
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by yungchop: 11:58am On May 02, 2016
swaggzo:

MY MAN IT SEEMS YOU'RE A MUSLIM.

ONE TIME, A MUSLIM FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME THAT ACCORDING TO YOUR RELIGION, THE MOON RISES AND SETS FROM A BODY OF WATER.
IS THAT TRUE?
That is a lie. He must be as confused as jonnydon.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by yungchop: 11:59am On May 02, 2016
kolinz:

Your evolution theory, Now educate me on the origin of man
the nigga is confused..
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by DrDxtrz: 11:59am On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:
you are not even understanding your own words.

How does one live as if there is a God or vice versa?
Lol please drop the query, that was a ludicrous statement he/she made.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by 7Randall: 12:01pm On May 02, 2016
This is the more reason we need to pray for those who don't believe in God. You can't just wake up into existence. There muse be something or someone behind it
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 12:02pm On May 02, 2016
kolinz:

Your evolution theory,
Now educate me on the origin of man

Again incorrect, where did the evolution theory assert that man is billions of years old

Why is it that people always argue ignorantly over what they don't even know... I am sure you never read a book on evolution.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2016
DrDxtrz:

Lol please drop the query, that was a ludicrous statement he/she made.

E tire me bros. . . People don't actually think before posting any rubbish that comes to their mind online

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

The story of Job painted a rather simpleton-like God who could be easily swayed by just a little trick of the devil.

"Just take away all his wealth and you will see he will renounce you" Said the devil.

The bible paints a rather ignorant, childish, easily taunted and deceived concept still claiming all powerful, all knowing which contradicts all it's actions in the bible
The story of Job paint God and Devil not as enemies or adversaries as assumed by Christians but as competitors for man's worship and loyalty. That god and Satan can sit around the same table and discuss shows the is no mortal hatred between the two.

7 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 12:06pm On May 02, 2016
7Randall:
This is the more reason we need to pray for those who don't believe in God. You can't just wake up into existence. There muse be something or someone behind it

But their is nothing behind God's own existence?

Following your line of logic since something Must be behind every existence then something must be behind God's existence and that thing in turn also must have another thing behind it's existence and we enter an infinite regress of somethings

But if you say there is nothing behind the existence of God then you have shown that something can exist without another thing being behind it and that makes rubbish of your whole argument.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Millex(m): 12:06pm On May 02, 2016
wirinet:

If you want to hurt a father deeply get his child to do the hurting for you. That's the devil's scheme since time immemorial, devil doesn't even need to force man, all he has to do is deceive, put doubt in man's heart. Then man does the rest hurting God. Why God let's devil keep doing it? His ways are not our ways nor his thoughts our thoughts. Devil is doing what he likes because God has allowed him, but be rest assured that the battle you are waiting for has been fought already and has been won.
God is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the One who Is, Was and shall forever Be. He is that He is, He doesn't need human verification to be Real.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by swaggzo(m): 12:06pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

BRO YOU AND THE OTHERS TALK TOO MUCH. YOU TRY TO BACK YOUR SELF UP TO THESE GUYS LIKE THE BIBLE IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

MAN THAT BOOK IS SIMPLY FUNNY. I CAN'T STRESS MY SELF TALKING ABOUT THAT WHOLE LOAD OF CRAP.

RELIGION WAS CREATED AND DESIGNED BY MERE MEN.

AND NOW THEY KNOW THEY CANNOT MODIFY ANY PART OF IT CUZ THE WORLD HAS GROWN UP TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF EXPOSURE, AND THE FAKENESS OF THE BOOK IS NOW BEING RECOGNIZED BY EVEN TODLERS, THEY'RE TRYING TO REMIX IT BY CREATING DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE BOOK, CHANGING CERTAIN NAMES OF PEOPLE AND PLACES IN AN ATTEMPT TO COVER UP THE SCAM AND MAKE THE COMIC BOOK SEEM MORE AUTHENTIC. ..

BUT IT ONLY GETS FUNNIER!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Tmercy(m): 12:07pm On May 02, 2016
sexy74:
@OP lovely thread.
Nice write up, but I have an issue why will you say God is silly? page six of this thread. You don't have any authority to call someone silly, remember you can't create a soul or life.
But I still noticed in your writing God you use the small letter ""g'' that means you are referring to a smaller god.
one thing I learnt in life is that belief is a personal thing you are free to tours and experience has thought you a lot.
Even as an atheist, do you belief that there is a supernatural controller of the universe who is in charge of the world?
All I know is that we have a supernatural power controlling the universe and someone is in charge so that person is God.
Your God can be whatever r you call it as long as it controls your.
An interesting write up, am still following.
if dere are mystery n dere are supernatural beings den dere shld b an almighty who's way above dem God. Pls tel d OP
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Tmercy(m): 12:07pm On May 02, 2016
sexy74:
@OP lovely thread.
Nice write up, but I have an issue why will you say God is silly? page six of this thread. You don't have any authority to call someone silly, remember you can't create a soul or life.
But I still noticed in your writing God you use the small letter ""g'' that means you are referring to a smaller god.
one thing I learnt in life is that belief is a personal thing you are free to tours and experience has thought you a lot.
Even as an atheist, do you belief that there is a supernatural controller of the universe who is in charge of the world?
All I know is that we have a supernatural power controlling the universe and someone is in charge so that person is God.
Your God can be whatever r you call it as long as it controls your.
An interesting write up, am still following.
if dere are mystery n dere are supernatural beings den dere shld b an almighty who's way above dem God. Pls tel d op
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 02, 2016
*modified* It will turn out well for u because U will come back a stronger christian after this by His grace. I await ur counter thread one day. cheers

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 12:08pm On May 02, 2016
wirinet:

The story of Job paint God and Devil not as enemies or adversaries as assumed by Christians but as competitors for man's worship and loyalty. That god and Satan can sit around the same table and discuss shows the is no mortal hatred between the two.

Asin eeeeeehn ... isn't ridiculous how some people believe the alleged creator of the vast cosmos comes to a tiny lost planet amongst countless others.

and starts struggling for worship and loyalty of tiny men

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by jiggaz(m): 12:10pm On May 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

it's your type to make people turn atheists..so much anger, ur outburst is not helping. It rly matched the atheist God concept of "I love u, love me back or I set u on fire, but u ve freewill"
Not all bro, i was not angry at him. i was angry at his lies.... Lying just to discredit Christ. I don't have a problem with him being an Atheist, it's not my business. Everybody have their own free choice . But reading his story, i found out it was pure lie. Why he is doing this, i don't know. I psycho-analyse people and i know his type.

He even know he was lying within him. Thank God for giving me good brains, i am too smart for him to play mind games with. I know all about human psychology. Hardmirror you are a big liar, i don't hate you for being an atheist. I am a liberal cosmopolitan person but must you lie just to discredit Christ? Think it through. Peace. Go to my profile and read my posts on the love of God, i don't judge people. Salvation is for everyone, just believe. Have a nice day.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 12:10pm On May 02, 2016
swaggzo:

BRO YOU AND THE OTHERS TALK TOO MUCH. YOU TRY TO BACK YOUR SELF UP TO THESE GUYS LIKE THE BIBLE IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

MAN THAT BOOK IS SIMPLY FUNNY. I CAN'T STRESS MY SELF TALKING ABOUT THAT WHOLE LOAD OF CRAP.

RELIGION WAS CREATED AND DESIGNED BY MERE MEN.

AND NOW THEY KNOW THEY CANNOT MODIFY ANY PART OF IT CUZ THE WORLD HAS GROWN UP TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF EXPOSURE, AND THE FAKENESS OF THE BOOK IS NOW BEING RECOGNIZED BY EVEN TODLERS, THEY'RE TRYING TO REMIX IT BY CREATING DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE BOOK, CHANGING CERTAIN NAMES OF PEOPLE AND PLACES IN AN ATTEMPT TO COVER UP THE SCAM AND MAKE THE COMIC BOOK SEEM MORE AUTHENTIC. ..

BUT IT ONLY GETS FUNNIER!

hahahahahahaha isn't it funny how every religion lays claim to the words of God but humans are the ones doing the talking? grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Vyntra(m): 12:10pm On May 02, 2016
here comes the atheist again,am not against anybody personal belief but please let us stop trying to attack people beliefs by calling it fairy which is insultive.scientists who are mostly atheist concluded there is no God because they couldn't detect his presence due to the fact they still have a long way to go in deciphering the mystery of the universe.I watched a show where they question one another if the universe is an organism with its own nucleus an "if".they are not sure of what they are saying.just because your brain can't detect what triggered a rolling object movement doesn't mean it wasn't acted upon by an external force even newton law of motion would explain that. scientists once said we are only using 20% capacity of our brain,maybe when they are able to use above 50% they can detect what triggered the universe.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by DrDxtrz: 12:14pm On May 02, 2016
johnydon22:

E tire me bros. . . People don't actually think before posting any rubbish that comes to their mind online
Lol claro, obviously he realized he made a ridiculous statement.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 12:15pm On May 02, 2016
DrDxtrz:
Lol claro, obviously he realized he made a ridiculous statement.
i am not sure he does or ever will

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.