Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? (17556 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos / Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by lielbreema: 11:15am On May 08, 2016
Buharism:
Yes u can be a christian without going to church, what makes u a christian is the attribute of living a christ-like life like jesus-christ, which include:
1. Praying
2. Giving alm to the poor
3. Avoiding excessive intake of alchohol
4. Abstainance frm premarital sex
5. Respecting the govt
6. Respecting ur elders
7. Reading the scriptures
8. Loving ur neighbour as u love ur self.
The churches of nowadays are nt helping matters by always choosing to preach PROSPERITY instead of SALVATION.
Lastly if the atheist can make heaven by just obeying the moral commandment in the holy bible, How much more a christian by faith.
Evangelism nkor?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by emilil(m): 11:15am On May 08, 2016
cuteraeh:
no sir, it doesnt work that way
just say in ur own point of view, u are not God
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by ivyy(f): 11:16am On May 08, 2016
Going to church is not an automatic passport to being an authentic Christian. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a medium used in listening to the word of God, praising and worshiping Him. If he genuinely does that outside the confines of a church, then he is alot better than those who go to church regularly for the wrong reasons.

#VoteIvyy
#Missnairaland2016

4 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Orikinla(m): 11:16am On May 08, 2016
Yes.
As long as you fellowship and worship God with the Body of Jesus Christ with at least one person or two persons.
[size=18pt]For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."
◄ Matthew 18:20 ►[/size]
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by emilil(m): 11:16am On May 08, 2016
AlexAgbo:

Thats blasphemy.
against u or against God? Jesus turned water into wine, u don't even read ur bible

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by emilil(m): 11:17am On May 08, 2016
Orikinla:
Yes.
As long as you fellowship and worship God with the Body of Jesus Christ with at least one person or two persons.
[size=18pt]For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."
◄ Matthew 18:20 ►[/size]
u can worship God in ur house, church goers are pretenders
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by GWMI(m): 11:18am On May 08, 2016
No.A christian must go to church no two ways about it.Even Jesus, went to the temple so don't stay at home and think you will ever please God.Try to go to church and worship and praise God that is your duty.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by beyondwalls: 11:20am On May 08, 2016
AlexAgbo:

Thats blasphemy.
emilil:
remove number 3, even jesus turned water into wine

He also had issues with his elders- the pharisees and saduccees were examples

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by jmann2(m): 11:21am On May 08, 2016
Spot on .
I love this comment.
Keep it up.
"A time is coming and has now come when true worshippers will worship God not in this mountain nor in Jerusalem" (John 4:21)
Our Lord Jesus said that and I believe it
orunto27:
God is a Spirit. Go to any Corner of your House, speak to him in Secret and you will get His Response. That secret corner is your meeting Place with God and is a Church.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by emilil(m): 11:22am On May 08, 2016
beyondwalls:

He also had issues with his elders- the pharisees and saduccees were examples
so who are u in support of
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by uchennaq(m): 11:25am On May 08, 2016
orunto27:
God is a Spirit. Go to any Corner of your House, speak to him in Secret and you will get His Response. That secret corner is your meeting Place with God and is a Church.
Your meeting place with God is your heart not the Church.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 08, 2016
It is better than a Christian attending church services and committing all manner of sin.
Some even fornicate with themselves in the church, steal offering money. Etc
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by seguno2: 11:27am On May 08, 2016
Yes.
Ask yourself, whether God's presence is only LIMITED to the church?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by orisa37: 11:29am On May 08, 2016
If only you know what being a Christian really means, the answer is Yes.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by jayAjoku(m): 11:30am On May 08, 2016
Yeah sure but a church is the gathering of the body . He is a Christian he just does not gather with the brethren. God still loves him without measure
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by uchennaq(m): 11:30am On May 08, 2016
The question should be, is there a part in the Bible that said not going to church every Sunday is a sin?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Omolite(f): 11:30am On May 08, 2016
Going to church is not a perequisite for making heaven but it is a very important part of every true christain. Church is not d building itself but the christains who gather together to seek God's face and hear from him. If going to church was unnecessary d -srealites would not always go to d terbanacle every sabbath day. Infact dere wud be no sabbath day and God wud not tell us to keep it holy. After pentecost, d first christains became a church and always gathered together to pray,praise and hear d word of God from d apostles. No true christain should forsake d assembly of d saints because God's presence is always more available wen two or more re gathered togethre in his name. The bad attitude of today's pastors and churches should not be a hinderance to our coming to church. And no one should tink of himself holier dan anyone or pastor.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by dcncorneils: 11:30am On May 08, 2016
d bible says we should not neglect d assembly of ourselves
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by dannytoe(m): 11:32am On May 08, 2016
I have not called the house of jacob to seek me in vain, thus sayiet the lord of host!!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by dannytoe(m): 11:33am On May 08, 2016
I have not called the house of jacob to seek me in vain, thus sayth the lord of host!!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by bongolistik(m): 11:33am On May 08, 2016
Can you be a sailor and does not go across the seas and ocean?

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by prinsam30: 11:34am On May 08, 2016
my people abeg make una help me thank God for my Mother who came for weekend visiting ooooooo, if not I for no go church again today.

Na who say Motherhood no good, Mama u too sweet abeg
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 08, 2016
Jesus turned water to wine (which contains alcohol)... what is blasphemous in that?

AlexAgbo:

Thats blasphemy.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by KenJak(m): 11:38am On May 08, 2016
sammyomal:
From my own personal pespective, i dont think its possible.
Now being a Christian means you are christlike and born again,you are now part of the brethren and
The bible also enjoins us not to forsake the assembly of the brethren.
Also remember the psalmist once said i am glad when they say we should go into the house of the Lord.
So once someone profess to be a christian,there is that inward push in you that makes you see fellowshiping with the brethren as a must.
God bless you bro. Well said and best of all.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by pink67(f): 11:39am On May 08, 2016
let's be honest here,we are to love God with our heart,soul,mind and strength.If you say you are a christian,yet do not attend church regularly,how can you say that you really love God sufficiently? Jesus emphasized the importance of His church and the bible warns against willful and persistent rejection of God......And remember God intends for you to be on the team----to be a member of His family...Happy sunday!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by beyondwalls: 11:39am On May 08, 2016
It will do a lot of good for clearity sake to understand the etymology of d word church. Is there any part of the scriptures that instruct us to go to church. How do u even go to 'who u are/should be'?

Those quoting not forsaking the assembly of the brethren..have already substituted the assembly of d brethren as church. Can that really be? Even our pastors don't say look at ur brother or sister and tell him/her welcome or wateva..they say look at ur neighbour...

Just thinking..

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 11:39am On May 08, 2016
Yes........ except stated in the Bible as one the pillar of being a Christian........
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by bongolistik(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2016
ivyy:
Going to church is not an automatic passport to being an authentic Christian. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a medium used in listening to the word of God, praising and worshiping Him. If he genuinely does that outside the confines of a church, then he is alot better than those who go to church regularly for the wrong reasons.

#VoteIvyy
#Missnairaland2016

sweetheart can you be a sailor and not go across sea and ocean?

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by menxer: 11:42am On May 08, 2016
YungMike:

Nice one bro. Buh don't you think becoming a Christian simply means being a part of God's family?
The Christian life was never meant to be lived solo, God has gifted each member of his church to serve one another, you can’t do that solo.

If God's family is limited to only church goers, I doubt the concept of God as universal.

Don't limit God to church going, that reduces God to pastoral monopoly which is "impossicant".

3 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by uchennaq(m): 11:42am On May 08, 2016
bongolistik:
Can you be a sailor and does not go across the seas and ocean?
Your statement cannot be used to compare what we are discussing. Like someone stated Church is important but not a prerequisite in making heaven.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by kvnqDavie: 11:43am On May 08, 2016
Yup..
One can be a christian without going to church.A church is a christian house of worship..now its not a moral code of conduct that you must go to one to be a christian.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by bongolistik(m): 11:43am On May 08, 2016
Oluwababy:
Yes........ except stated in the Bible as one the pillar of being a Christian........
can you be a sailor and not go across sea and ocean?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Fly To China As A Witch? / Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches / I Am Tired Of Going To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.