Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight (3495 Views)

Davido's Girlfriend, Chioma Gets A Multi-Million Naira Endorsement Deal / Lilian Afeghai Blasts Gifty: Nude Pictures Will Only Get You Moi-Moi Endorsement / “I’m Too Big For Endorsement Deals” – Don Jazzy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 01, 2016
Exceptional entertainers often gain the attention of companies who wish to use the entertainer's popularity and reputation to help promote a service or product. A company and an entertainer enter a form of agreement called endorsement deal which allows the company to make use of the latter's name and image for the promotion of their product. The entertainer gets paid handsomely for such. But do these companies truly care about the kind of people they endorse? Their actions today points to the fact that they promote rascality in the guise of endorsements. Below is a quick look at some Nigerian entertainers who got endorsed and the kind of life they live.

1. Wizkid

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/3664430_wizkidsmokinganddrinkingyabaleftonlinebloge1419154290947_jpegd76a39a639b429f04c4bc[/img]

*Broke bottle on dammy krane's head
*Called Linda ikeji unprintable names and even threatened her life
*Accused severally of song theft
*Bullies his fans on social media
*Baby mama affairs
*Tattoos all over his body

He is currently endorsed by GLo and Pepsi.

#Note: Pepsi dropped an endorsement deal with the American rapper Ludacris for vulgar lyrics in his songs in 2002. Are wizkid's lyrics any better?

2. Tiwa savage

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/3664432_tiwanude3300x194_png2ce393143cc4f9fa81720ac6c1575edc[/img]

*Condoned cocaine sniffing and weed smoking by her husband
*Dresses in an exposed way which is unafrican
*Rumoured by her husband to be loose

She is currently endorsed by pampers diapers, mtn and also Pepsi.

#Note: Pepsi dropped an endorsement deal with Madonna in the 80's for kissing a statue of black Jesus in her music video. Why then did they pick tiwa savage who wore a skin tight clothe in her video 'wanted' which generated a lot of criticism? Is pampers also trying to make the African woman dress irresponsibly even after child birth? Why did they endorse her?

3. Olamide

*Unruly behaviour at the headies award
*Thuggish and insulting lyrics(baba iya eyan)
*Promotes wayward life

He is endorsed by Etisalat

#question: how good would it be if the endorsement deal had gone the way of the 5.00CGPA UNILAG chap?

4. Davido

*Broke bottle on MC Galaxy's head
*Sags irresponsibly
*Tattoos and body piercing
*Baby mama row
*Boastful nature
*Traces of marijuana found in his daughters system

He is endorsed by mtn.

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/3664431_picture913_pnge98a615e64793df2bd2bb5f5fa27d239[/img]

If care is not taken, these companies might start to endorse openly confessed criminals and murderers going by the way they fail to watch the lifestyle the acts they endorse lead. Instead of giving a 100million Naira to a young boy who will spend it all on gold chains to attract more potential baby mamas, why not spend that money in giving a better life to those in IDP camps in the northeast?

Written by Adewole Segun

www.lifestyletonight..nl/2016/05/this-4-musicians-dont-deserve.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by jemype(m): 1:35pm On May 01, 2016
Lol dat davido pic tho. SMH for nigerian artistes
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by kossyablaze(m): 1:39pm On May 01, 2016
I concur
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 01, 2016
so... op r U going to withdraw their endorsement deal....jst asking

1 Like

Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by maxti: 1:44pm On May 01, 2016
Am glad we still have lots of right thinking Fella's

2 Likes

Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by talktonase(m): 1:47pm On May 01, 2016
the wayward life,sexual promiscuity,cocaine and weed addiction ,violent reaction including name calling,explicit lyrical content are amongst a few of the rascalious life style of this famous artist.The entertaiment industry cannot survive without such lifestyles.

1 Like

Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by TPAND(f): 1:48pm On May 01, 2016
Pampers should drop Tiwa Savage ASAP. She's a bad wife and mother, a complete misrepresentation for a child brand
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by IamOpemipo(m): 2:33pm On May 01, 2016
talktonase:
the wayward life,sexual promiscuity,cocaine and weed addiction ,violent reaction including name calling,explicit lyrical content are amongst a few of the rascalious life style of this famous artist.The entertaiment industry cannot survive with such lifestyles.

U dey mind mumu op, like olamide was singin gospel or RnB songs b4 the so called company saw him and signed him, oh davido will now start adjustin his trousers to the high waist cos he's now som coy ambassador, i'm sure he sagged down to their head office to even sign his contract papers..so wat are we sayin?

These guys are famous and influential in som ways in the society, if these companies dnt sign dem, abeg who dem for use? Blackface?

2 Likes

Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by yemoxyl(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2016
Op u need to stop hating and face ur life..Av u never fought with anyone in ur life? undecided
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by yemoxyl(m): 2:46pm On May 01, 2016
Op u need to stop hating and face ur life..And who are they gonna endorse? you? cheesy
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by nikkypearl(f): 2:51pm On May 01, 2016
leave these guys joor!!!! the last time I checked,they are still making cool cash!
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 01, 2016
IamOpemipo:

U dey mind mumu op, like olamide was singin gospel or RnB songs b4 the so called company saw him and signed him, oh davido will now start adjustin his trousers to the high waist cos he's now som coy ambassador, i'm sure he sagged down to their head office to even sign his contract papers..so wat are we sayin?

These guys are famous and influential in som ways in the society, if these companies dnt sign dem, abeg who dem for use? Blackface?
at times, some people don't know how unintelligent they are.

where has sanity gone to? To the dogs.

I can't imagine how you can't seem to see anything wrong with these companies endorsing these musicians with awful lifestyle that are dangerous to the society. Kids now see smoking weed as a norm just cos they hear about it in the lyrics of their favourite musicians whom they take as role models.

What happened to endorsing that kid from Kaduna who built a mini helicopter?

what happened to dishing out scholarships to best students at school?

who is going to sponsor that man that built a generator powered by water?

what about the IDPs?

To you, they should all be neglected while a noisy kid gets the huge bucks to splurge on expensive cars and women, then brag about it on social media the following day for kids like you to like.

sanity is dead.

2 Likes

Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 01, 2016
yemoxyl:
Op u need to stop hating and face ur life..Av u never fought with anyone in ur life? undecided
objective criticism is now hating to some.
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by AyamConfidence(m): 3:08pm On May 01, 2016
OP you too much joor...those people don't deserve those deals...some peeps say the OP is hating...I look at them and shake my head...there is no more moral sense in this world....only God can help us now

2 Likes

Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by IamOpemipo(m): 3:17pm On May 01, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
at times, some people don't know how unintelligent they are.

where has sanity gone to? To the dogs.

I can't imagine how you can't seem to see anything wrong with these companies endorsing these musicians with awful lifestyle that are dangerous to the society. Kids now see smoking weed as a norm just cos they hear about it in the lyrics of their favourite musicians whom they take as role models.

What happened to endorsing that kid from Kaduna who built a mini helicopter?

what happened to dishing out scholarships to best students at school?

who is going to sponsor that man that built a generator powered by water?

what about the IDPs?

To you, they should all be neglected while a noisy kid gets the huge bucks to splurge on expensive cars and women, then brag about it on social media the following day for kids like you to like.

sanity is dead.

U v certified ya mumuness once more..

So u tink dose cash they spend on musician are for free? That this companies dnt get somtin in return? They(artist) perform all through the year of their contracts in diff locations all ova naija and mak adverts do you know what boost that will bring to their companies brand image?

It's increases their popularity and gives the 'alwas in ya face' impression on the populace, that's why they use som1 in d showbizness..so na win win for every1

Blame your govt for not helpin people with talent and leave companies to do their bizness in peace..

1 Like

Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 01, 2016
IamOpemipo:

U v certified ya mumuness once more..

So u tink dose cash they spend on musician are for free? That this companies dnt get somtin in return? They(artist) perform all through the year of their contracts in diff locations all ova naija and mak adverts do you know what boost that will bring to their companies brand image?

It's increases their popularity and gives the 'alwas in ya face' impression on the populace, that's why they use som1 in d showbizness..so na win win for every1

Blame your govt for not helpin people with talent and leave companies to do their bizness in peace..

you made good points, but your lack of comprehensives skills made you miss some points I made in the Opening Post.

Am not against a company doling out cash to musicians and entertainers, am just not in support of giving it to people who already have a bad personality.

if you had use your comprehensive skills, you would have seen where I pointed out that Pepsi cancelled their deal with Ludacris when they found out that his music is vulgar. Also, Pepsi cancelled another deal with Madonna just cos of something lewd she did in a music video.

But here in Nigeria, their contracts are not cancelled. Instead, they get renewed and even get more deals with other companies even after several ills coming from them.

This makes it seem as if we celebrate negativity and vices. So, am not saying wizkid should stop smoking weed just cos he signed a deal with Globacom. What am simply saying is that these coys need to stop further promotion of any artiste with tainted image, cos what they promote ends up as role models to the young.

As for the part where you said the coys use the artiste for shows as part of the deal which takes in money for both parties, that's very correct.

But why always corrupt artistes?

why not musicians that sing like bez, dare art alade, brymo etc?

your answer is most likely going to be...'simply because they want reigning artiste'.

is that why they shouldn't care if the reigning guy is a murderer or a junkie?

lalasticlala abeg there's a debate going on here o!

1 Like

Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by IamOpemipo(m): 4:06pm On May 01, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
you made good points, but your lack of comprehensives skills made you miss some points I made in the Opening Post.

Am not against a company doling out cash to musicians and entertainers, am just not in support of giving it to people who already have a bad personality.

if you had use your comprehensive skills, you would have seen where I pointed out that Pepsi cancelled their deal with Ludacris when they found out that his music is vulgar. Also, Pepsi cancelled another deal with Madonna just cos of something lewd she did in a music video.

But here in Nigeria, their contracts are not cancelled. Instead, they get renewed and even get more deals with other companies even after several ills coming from them.

This makes it seem as if we celebrate negativity and vices. So, am not saying wizkid should stop smoking weed just cos he signed a deal with Globacom. What am simply saying is that these coys need to stop further promotion of any artiste with tainted image, cos what they promote ends up as role models to the young.

As for the part where you said the coys use the artiste for shows as part of the deal which takes in money for both parties, that's very correct.

your answer is most likely going to be...'simply because they want reigning artiste'.

I gat ur point..but

Oga bloodblogger if u want the endorsement, pls.... lipsrsealed
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 01, 2016
IamOpemipo:

I gat ur point..but

Oga bloodblogger if u want the endorsement, pls.... lipsrsealed
instead of this lame line, just admit you got it wrong from the beginning.
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by IamOpemipo(m): 4:19pm On May 01, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
instead of this lame line, just admit you got it wrong from the beginning.

If u were smart u wld av noticed it was a joke. Btw I made my point, u also made urs..i dnt beat dead horses
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by ClintonDal(m): 4:20pm On May 01, 2016
Hopeless op.
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 01, 2016
OP make sense die. Lemme goan check Timi Dakolo's Profile to see how many coys wey don endorse him

2 Likes

Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by ba7man(m): 8:48pm On May 01, 2016
IamOpemipo:

Why you dey yab blackface naa?? sad
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by SleekAboki: 9:07pm On May 01, 2016
The only Nigerian musician I listen to--Asa deserves all the endorsements of big brands. I wonder why we as a people celebrate mediocrity?
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by proficienc(m): 10:34pm On May 01, 2016
Op na wa for you ooo. You think these companies are out to make the world a better place? Bro they are after profit mehn. These artistee are mobile adverts and you know advert seeks to create awareness, awareness btw, drives sale... open your eyes fam!
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by DrChukzy(m): 10:39pm On May 01, 2016
op oya come and take the endorsement deal. Mtcheew
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 01, 2016
proficienc:
Op na wa for you ooo. You think these companies are out to make the world a better place? Bro they are after profit mehn. These artistee are mobile adverts and you know advert seeks to create awareness, awareness btw, drives sale... open your eyes fam!
wake me up when they endorse Shekau.

at least, he is also popular.
Re: This 4 Musicians Don't Deserve Endorsement Deals- lifestyletonight by Jimi23(m): 11:15pm On May 01, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

Dont mind dem jare. Endorsement deal in Nija is not the same as what u have in the western world. Na by "long leg" for Naija. U rub my back i rub yours. Some company executives are making cool cash on the side. Getting side cuts from the "long leg" endorsements. Any1 who supports illegality or immorality of any form should not be made a brand ambassador. It sends negative vibes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable!!! Tekno Slapped Wizkid (watch Video) / Ducan Mighty Uses A Heartbreak Picture To Teach Men Who Value Wife Than Mum / Mike Ezuruonye Set To Divorce Wife For Giving Birth To An Albino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.