Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,460 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid (659 Views)

Weird Speaker Problem In Nissan Maxima 04 Bose Car Stereo System / Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid / Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by steveyen(m): 5:26pm On May 01, 2016
Please I need help on how to solve this Maxima code.

I have cleared the code it came back

I have also changed the solenoid valve, the code did not go.

My mechanic said he will fix it. He told me he will try some things until he gets it, that if I change 100 solenoid valves it will be thesame.

He is charging me 25K for the fix cus he said it is a tough work to do. The car has been with him now for close to 4 weeks. The last time I checked on him, he has the timing chain cover opened down.

Really dont know what to do. He is the only one in d past that have been able to successfully solve my issues on d maxima. All othe mechanics I have used in the past usually leave the worse off than we I gave it to them. But I guess the N25K is asking is way too much plus the time frame.
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by mayor2013: 9:06pm On May 01, 2016
steveyen:
Please I need help on how to solve this Maxima code.

I have cleared the code it came back

I have also changed the solenoid valve, the code did not go.

My mechanic said he will fix it. He told me he will try some things until he gets it, that if I change 100 solenoid valves it will be thesame.

He is charging me 25K for the fix cus he said it is a tough work to do. The car has been with him now for close to 4 weeks. The last time I checked on him, he has the timing chain cover opened down.

Really dont know what to do. He is the only one in d past that have been able to successfully solve my issues on d maxima. All othe mechanics I have used in the past usually leave the worse off than we I gave it to them. But I guess the N25K is asking is way too much plus the time frame.

25k is too much. Try the service of a road side and see how 25k turns into 150k
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by steveyen(m): 5:10am On May 02, 2016
mayor2013:

25k is too much. Try the service of a road side and see how 25k turns into 150k

Hmmmm Mayor 2013. Is this suppose to be a warning ? I prefer you giving som ideas I no your are an expect when it comes to this.

Not only the money ( which in my opinion looks too much, given that this is Buhari era no more cash in d system now) I also said the car has been sitting in the guys shop for close to a 4 weeks now.

So Mayor pls give some expert advice you be oga. What is your opinion in switching to synthetic oil, the mechanic is suggesting that too. The car has been on XHP since.
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by mayor2013: 7:21am On May 02, 2016
Have you checked the intake valve timing solenoid. Has he tested the performance. Checked the wiring. First point is to get another one if all is well. I, e no snapped wires and so on. If you change that and nothing positive. Proceed to timing. If you have been running on xhp and all is fine continue using that. How old is your car? Is your car a v6? The solenoid was it specified that it was either bank 1 or bank2?
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by steveyen(m): 8:37am On May 02, 2016
mayor2013:
Have you checked the intake valve timing solenoid. Has he tested the performance. Checked the wiring. First point is to get another one if all is well. I, e no snapped wires and so on. If you change that and nothing positive. Proceed to timing. If you have been running on xhp and all is fine continue using that. How old is your car? Is your car a v6? The solenoid was it specified that it was either bank 1 or bank2?

Thanks so much Mayor2013. Yea I have changed the solenoid valve but no changes. Changed all Camshaft pos sensors and crankshaft pos sensor.
The car is a bit old '04 maxima with slightly over 200k miles. and a V6.

The solenoid specified is bank 2
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by honmusa(m): 9:14am On May 02, 2016
steveyen:

Thanks so much Mayor2013. Yea I have changed the solenoid valve but no changes. Changed all Camshaft pos sensors and crankshaft pos sensor.
The car is a bit old '04 maxima with slightly over 200k miles. and a V6.

The solenoid specified is bank 2
You don't go ahead to change part due to a DTC code pointing to that part until you have all exhausted all test procedure that will accurately assure you that the part is indeed faulty or else you are going to change all parts in the car and the issue will still remain .
Theoretical knowledge of operation is needed to accurately interprete live date and special test to make accurate diagnosis.Atimes special equipment that is not within the reach of average mechanic is needed eg osicllocope
the issue may range from using wrong part ,short to ground ,ecu etc
Contact my number @ signature ,I can help you diagnosis the issue and resolve as i just finish resolving similar maxima having similar case which is due to electrical

(1) (Reply)

V6 Engine (pics) / Custom Duty Deadline April 12, 2017 / Clean Toyota Camry 2012 Model SE For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.