Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,271 members, 7,826,052 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid (642 Views)

Weird Speaker Problem In Nissan Maxima 04 Bose Car Stereo System / Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid / Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by steveyen(m): 5:04pm On May 01, 2016
Please I need help on how to solve this Maxima code.

I have cleared the code it came back

I have also changed the solenoid valve, the code did not go.

My mechanic said he will fix it. He told me he will try some things until he gets it, that if I change 100 solenoid valves it will be thesame.

He is charging me 25K for the fix cus he said it is a tough work to do. The car has been with him now for close to 4 weeks. The last time I checked on him, he has the timing chain cover opened down.

Really dont know what to do. He is the only one in d past that have been able to successfully solve my issues on d maxima. All othe mechanics I have used in the past usually leave the worse off than we I gave it to them. But I guess the N25K is asking is way too much plus the time frame.
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 01, 2016
Is the sol valve that was installed new or toks? The code really does not refer to a bad sol valve. The code for that is P1111 and P1136. I guess that's why the changes you have been making have been unavailing. I think you should look out for the camshaft position sensor (B2) and the crankshaft position sensor. Or else there is debris accumulation in the signal pick-up of the camshaft. Perhaps that's what your mechanic wants to check. You also want to check your wiring (cam/crank sensors) to be sure they're all in place. If everything is ok, then it seems you're due for a new camshaft.
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by steveyen(m): 4:56am On May 02, 2016
Costee:
Is the sol valve that was installed new or toks? The code really does not refer to a bad sol valve. The code for that is P1111 and P1136. I guess that's why the changes you have been making have been unavailing. I think you should look out for the camshaft position sensor (B2) and the crankshaft position sensor. Or else there is debris accumulation in the signal pick-up of the camshaft. Perhaps that's what your mechanic wants to check. You also want to check your wiring (cam/crank sensors) to be sure they're all in place. If everything is ok, then it seems you're due for a new camshaft.

Thanks Costee. The Sol valve installed is Toks. I have also recently changed the two cam sensors and the crankshaft sensor (though they all toks) cause the car is also doing hard starting.

New Camshaft sprocket? Never heard of that . Pls Costee how will these be done? I await your answer.

Also the mechanic is suggesting a switch to synthentic oil. I have been on Mobil XHP since.
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by Nobody: 7:02am On May 02, 2016
steveyen:

Thanks Costee. The Sol valve installed is Toks. I have also recently changed the two cam sensors and the crankshaft sensor (though they all toks) cause the car is also doing hard starting.

New Camshaft sprocket? Never heard of that . Pls Costee how will these be done? I await your answer.

Also the mechanic is suggesting a switch to synthentic oil. I have been on Mobil XHP since.
Talking from experience, I can assure you that the Mobil XHP is preferable. You may call me, let's talk. 08023018285

(1) (Reply)

See What FRSC Vehicle Was Spotted Doing [photo] / In What Car And When Did You First Go .... / Milkshake Colour In Your Radiator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.