Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,387 members, 7,958,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:45 AM

Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani (670 Views)

Kachikwu Reacts To Recent Attacks On Forcados Pipeline By Militants / Prison Warder Attacks The Nation, AIT Reporters (photos) / Presidency Speak On The Recent Attacks By Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by MasterofNL: 6:17pm On May 01, 2016
I blame fulani herdsmen for the recent attacks and these are my reasons.

Firstly, the north has always believed in violence and it works for them. The north started boko haram as a major tool to take back power from the south and it worked for them. El Rufai once described boko haram as freedom fighters and Buhari himself at some point said that a fight against boko haram was a fight against the north.

The boko haram violence was a major reason why Jonathan was pushed out of office. The north threatened us with violence if they didn't get back power in 2015 and it worked for them. Today a northern fulani is in power.

Here again the fulani north is trying to annex lands in the MB and south and have come up with the proposed grazing bill. You will notice that attacks have intensified since the idea of the grazing bill came up and the reason is simple. The fulani is trying to strike fear into the hearts of othe Nigerians by killing, raping and mass destruction to make us accept the grazing bill. The idea is for other Nigerians to say "Please give them their grazing reserves so that they will stop killing us and we can have our peace."

Some southerners are aleady saying this. An example on nairaland is Searchiingforlove. This poster has said that Yorubas should collectively appologise to the fulanis and are ready to offer their lands for grazing reserves so that they can have peace. You can go through his post history and see this for yourself. Also check out one joborskills and see him promoting the proposed grazing bill. THANK GOD MOST YORUBAS HAVE REJECTED THESE ONES AND STOOD UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT.

The north used violence to get their sharia law when there were very terrible religious riots under Obasanjo when many Christians were killed.

The north used boko haram to take back power in 2015.

The north is trying to use violent herdsmen attacks to establish grazing reserves all over Nigeria and they have their eyes on the MB and southern lands,

Directly or indirectly, the fulanis are responsible for these armed attacks agianst the MB and south. The attacks may not be carried out by local traditional herdsmen but one thing I have discovered is that once they have any issues with any community concerning their cattle, they invite their armed brothers from Fouta Jalon who invade and sack the community.

The big question is will violence work again for the core north yet again? Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by MasterofNL: 6:22pm On May 01, 2016
Seun, Lalasticlala & Dominique, please let more Nigerians see this.
Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by MasterofNL: 6:25pm On May 01, 2016
Severussnapes, Beremx, Obiagelli, Passingshot, Omenka, Obailala, Gbawe, OPCNAIRALAND, oduastates, Superstar1, Super1star, MayorofLagos, PenSniper, Ozoigbondu, Dollyak, Setaje, Firefire, Ngeneukwuenu, Urennankoli, aresa.
Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by DaBullIT(m): 7:21pm On May 01, 2016
knock cknoq
Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by MasterofNL: 7:32pm On May 01, 2016
DaBullIT:
knock cknoq
Yes?
Where is fulanimafia & quotasystem?
Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by obailala(m): 7:44pm On May 01, 2016
First of all, I think most of your analysis is rubbish, just the typical myopic simple-mindedness exhibited by most Nigerians who formulate and then believe strange conspiracy theories along tribal, ethnic and religious lines, an act which has never helped society in any way.

However, this is my take on the herdsmen menace. The Fulani herdsmen already have the terrorist tag, it is not my fault and it is nobody's fault but the Fulani herdsmen themselves. I also have no regrets hastily generalising this issue with all Fulanis, in all honesty, from when I was a kid, whenever I hear the word 'fulani herdsmen,' my heart skips a beat, even as the image of a sharp suya knife appears in my head. Even though I know very well that all Fulanis are not involved in this evil, I cant help this hasty generalisation because this is just how the human mind works; the Fulanis themselves should do more to rebrand their own image. We should always learn to condemn evil irrespective of whether the culprits are our brothers or not or else, it may not be long before the monsters we fail to tame today (because of some silly clannish reasons) come back to haunt us. A similar case of bokoharam is still fresh on our minds, militancy in the south that degenerated from kidnapping foreigners, to kidnapping everyone including indigenes is another example. For the record, the above advice doesn't apply to only the Fulanis, we already know of cases of some individuals glorifying the activities of miscreants sabotaging economic infrastructure in the south because they foolishly think they are punishing the president.

Another point I have to make is that as Nigerians, we must learn to stop politicizing every issue. The marauding herdsmen today have been in existence for a long time committing inhumane acts and ethnic cleansing. That it was never reported does not mean it never happened and I strongly believe the main reason they are getting more and more daring by the day is because no government so far has thought it wise to checkmate their activities, hence they've been growing from strength to strength as their activities have been totally unchecked. Furthermore, their activities gets more publicity today purely because of politics, and also because they now seem to be moving further south seeing that their activities are never checked.

From Nigerian history, these myopic attempts to politicise major humanitarian issues always ends in disaster. The very moment the PDP government labelled bokoharam a tool by political opponents to destabilise and make the country ungovernable for GEJ, that was the very moment bokoharam started waxing stronger and the FG started getting weaker and totally confused; the FG was obviously treating the wrong disease. To date, a lot of people (including the OP) myopically and ignorantly still believe the bokoharam Islamic terrorist group was created to destabilise GEJ's government, this is notwithstanding the fact that the mindless violence of the group started even before GEJ.

Today we are going down the very same myopic road as the age long Fulani herdsmen violence is now being portrayed as politics of Buhari vs GEJ. Apparently Buhari is using herdsmen to destabilise his own government, or No! he's using the herdsmen to promote his alleged Islamization policy of land grabbing via the proposed grazing bill. Until the black man begins to think out of the box, we will continue to be mental slaves to ourselves.

For now though, Obailala says NO to the grazing bill because of the controversial land grabbing aspect, i also believe modern day ranching would be more beneficial for our cattle production and for the sake of peace. In the meantime, I see no reason why the disturbed communities down south shouldnt constitute vigilante groups to defend its territory.

1 Like

Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by MasterofNL: 8:16pm On May 01, 2016
obailala:
First of all, I think most of your analysis is rubbish, just the typical myopic simple-mindedness exhibited by most Nigerians who formulate and then believe strange conspiracy theories along tribal, ethnic and religious lines, an act which has never helped society in any way.

However, this is my take on the herdsmen menace. The Fulani herdsmen already have the terrorist tag, it is not my fault and it is nobody's fault but the Fulani herdsmen themselves. I also have no regrets hastily generalising this issue with all Fulanis, in all honesty, from when I was a kid, whenever I hear the word 'fulani herdsmen,' my heart skips a beat, even as the image of a sharp suya knife appears in my head. Even though I know very well that all Fulanis are not involved in this evil, I cant help this hasty generalisation because this is just how the human mind works; the Fulanis themselves should do more to rebrand their own image. We should always learn to condemn evil irrespective of whether the culprits are our brothers or not or else, it may not be long before the monsters we fail to tame today (because of some silly clannish reasons) come back to haunt us. A similar case of bokoharam is still fresh on our minds, militancy in the south that degenerated from kidnapping foreigners, to kidnapping everyone including indigenes is another example. For the record, the above advice doesn't apply to only the Fulanis, we already know of cases of some individuals glorifying the activities of miscreants sabotaging economic infrastructure in the south because they foolishly think they are punishing the president.

Another point I have to make is that as Nigerians, we must learn to stop politicizing every issue. The marauding herdsmen today have been in existence for a long time committing inhumane acts and ethnic cleansing. That it was never reported does not mean it never happened and I strongly believe the main reason they are getting more and more daring by the day is because no government so far has thought it wise to checkmate their activities, hence they've been growing from strength to strength as their activities have been totally unchecked. Furthermore, their activities gets more publicity today purely because of politics, and also because they now seem to be moving further south seeing that their activities are never checked.

From Nigerian history, these myopic attempts to politicise major humanitarian issues always ends in disaster. The very moment the PDP government labelled bokoharam a tool by political opponents to destabilise and make the country ungovernable for GEJ, that was the very moment bokoharam started waxing stronger and the FG started getting weaker and totally confused; the FG was obviously treating the wrong disease. To date, a lot of people (including the OP) myopically and ignorantly still believe the bokoharam Islamic terrorist group was created to destabilise GEJ's government, this is notwithstanding the fact that the mindless violence of the group started even before GEJ.

Today we are going down the very same myopic road as the age long Fulani herdsmen violence is now being portrayed as politics of Buhari vs GEJ. Apparently Buhari is using herdsmen to destabilise his own government, or No! he's using the herdsmen to promote his alleged Islamization policy of land grabbing via the proposed grazing bill. Until the black man begins to think out of the box, we will continue to be mental slaves to ourselves.

Point out a single lie in all my original post.

Did buhari not say that fighting agaitok haram was fighting against the north?

Did el rufai not describe boko haram as freedom fighters?

How come boko haram that was being handled by the police transformed into a might fighting force capable of attacking military positions and ceasing territories just after Jonathan took over?

Has the north not been employing violence to get what they want?

How come there is more cordinated attacks at the same time the fulani north is trying had to force a useless grazing bill down our throats?
Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by obailala(m): 9:09pm On May 01, 2016
MasterofNL:

Point out a single lie in all my original post.

Did buhari not say that fighting agaitok haram was fighting against the north?

Did el rufai not describe boko haram as freedom fighters?

How come boko haram that was being handled by the police transformed into a might fighting force capable of attacking military positions and ceasing territories just after Jonathan took over?

Has the north not been employing violence to get what they want?

How come there is more cordinated attacks at the same time the fulani north is trying had to force a useless grazing bill down our throats?
Dude, I gave you my take, and I also stand by my words that all these conspiracy theories concerning the origins, the rise and rise of bokoharam, the supposed political connections, the fulani herdsmen politicisation etc etc are just bull crap. No need to start explaining my point, most Nigerians are simple-minded and are incapable of thinking out of the box or reasoning differently from the general beliefs. So I would leave it at this, everybody is entitled to their beliefs

1 Like

Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by specco(m): 10:24pm On May 01, 2016
I think the Op made more sense. These people always got what they wanted in the past through violence.
●Sharia thru violence
●2015 Power shift thru violence
●Now Grazing Bill?
But its at this grazing bill they will meet their waterloo. Enough is enough.
Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by yaki84: 10:25pm On May 01, 2016
obailala:
Dude, I gave you my take, and I also stand by my words that all these conspiracy theories concerning the origins, the rise and rise of bokoharam, the supposed political connections, the fulani herdsmen politicisation etc etc are just bull crap. No need to start explaining my point, most Nigerians are simple-minded and are incapable of thinking out of the box or reasoning differently from the general beliefs. So I would leave it at this, everybody is entitled to their beliefs

then stoo countering people's belief.
see as u write a full notebook on top fulani killer herdsmen.
Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by obailala(m): 11:11pm On May 01, 2016
yaki84:

then stoo countering people's belief.
see as u write a full notebook on top fulani killer herdsmen.
I was called into the thread to air my own views. I did just that and moved on.
Re: Recent Attacks & The Grazing Bill, Why I Blame Fulani by tglobal(m): 5:28pm On May 04, 2016
obailala:

From Nigerian history, these myopic attempts to politicise major humanitarian issues always ends in disaster.

THIS has been the bane of our development and every government in power has always politicised every failings. I am seeing this in this Government too as the finger is always pointed at "previous administrations" or "political opponents"

Same thing happened with the chibok girls.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And Afghanistan, The Most Corrupt In The World, David Cameron. / Nasiru El Ruffai's Speach On Fuel Subsidy Removal. / Buhari Visits Lagos, Read what He Will Do In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.