Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? (11804 Views)

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Wendydoks(f): 5:19am On Nov 17, 2006
1. Zik- Only ceremonial presidency.Over thrown by a millitary coup which Aguiyi didnt participate in
2. Aguiyi Ironsi - Killed in a military coup led by Murtala Mohammed
3. Gowon - Over thrown by Murtala Muhammed
4. Murtala Mohammed- killed in a coup attempt
5. Obasanjo - Willfully stepped down
6. Shehu shagari - Over thrown by Buhari
7. Buhari - over thrown in a coup led by Babaginda
8. Babangida - refused to step down. Only stepped down cos of the heat.
9. Shonekan- buahahhaa was thrown out forcefully by Abacha
9. Abacha - he wudda still been the president till 2day if not 4 his death. Thank u lawd lawd. he was never even elected president. how badden??
10. Abdusalmi Abubakar - stepped down
11. Obasanjo - present
12. 2007

Who was the worst president 2 date i want to believe dat Gowon and Shehu Shagari were the main cause of wat naija is 2day. They served carefreely. or wat do u think

btw this is one of the opinions i got from another site,

Originally Posted by chxta
It's easy to lay all the blame on Abacha and IBB, and God knows that they were both hopeless. But for me it is the person who squandered our initial opportunity at greatness that is the worst. The one who once said: Nigeria's problem is not money it is what to do with it. The one who paid salaries for some Caribbean country because we were too generous, while real structures weren't being put in place to ensure growth here. The one who began political maradonaism while Babangida was but a Captain in the Army.

The one and only: Jack Gowon.

(IMO the only good thing he ever did was keeping Nigeria one.)

so what's your take
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Crownvilla(m): 1:02am On Nov 23, 2006
Hi Wendyoks, you nailed it in one hit!!!!!!!!

GYG aka Jack was the lackey boy of the old British colonial imperialists. They loved their Sandhurst trained flunkey.

When he was in power, he failed to solve the problem of port congestion, he was insenstive to the demand for a new capital (due to the congestion of Lagos which he failed to address) and turned a deaf ear to anti-corruption crusaders such as Aper Aku and Godwin Daboh.

Allegations of coruption against JD Gomwalk -Governor of Benue Plateu state were simply ignored. In his time there were 12 governors and people were clamouring for a change due to the corruption of the governors.

Gowon promised to reassign the governors but did nothing, he promised to return the country to civil rule in 1976, but in 1974 he announced to the nation that the return to civil rule in 1976 was unrealistic. Of course, he failed to give another date for the return to democracy. Journalists and social critics that made any rumblings aginst his govt were picked up to help the police in their investigations at the dreaded Alagbon Close. Many spent weeks and even months incommunicado, Sunday Adewusi saw to that. Gowon promised to create new states but did nothing.

His cousin JS Tarka the Federal Commissiner for Communcations was accused of corrupt enrichment by Godwin Daboh; in response JS Tarka promised a chain of reactions if he was allowed to go down. He later resigned due to the heat of the Nigerian press and academicians. What did Gowon do?, nothing. No probe, no investigation, nada. But then, JS Tarka was his cousin. It was during his reign we saw the emergence of the 10 per centers. Every contract was inflated by 10% and the difference split under the table.

Mozambiqu, Angola, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia were all under harsh colonial rule and Gowon did nothing. Yet here he was boasting that Nigeria is the giant of Africa. Yes, he won the civil war and promised that he would implement 'Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Redemption in the spirit of 'no victor, no vanquished'. However, in real terms, he did little to reabsorb the Ibo nation into the mainstream of Nigerian affairs.

Then one day, on the 9th anniversary of Gowon's ascension to power, Col Joe Garba announces to the nation that Jack has been toppled from the top of the hill.

Murtala Muhammed becomes the new head of state and within 6 months creates new states, appoints a constitution drafting committee in preparation for the return to civcle, gives a solid timetable for the return to civil rule in 1979, appoints a commitee which chooses Abuja as the new capital, nationalises BP and Barclays bank which in turn, sends shock signals to Britain and other Europeoan countries supporting evil, minority regimes in Southern Africa. Nigeria now has a proactive foreign policy and the whole world sits up and somewhat nervously takes notice. The Giant has woken from its slumber!!!!! Murtala takes the struggle for self determination to the UN and supports the liberation movements politically, financially and in kind. Nigeria becomes a welcome haven for freedom fighters from all the countries in Southern Africa.

He probes the 12 governors, finds all but 10 corrupt and seizes their ill gotten wealth, decongests the troublesome ports, purges the civil service of 'dead woods', begins reorientation and demobillisation of the bloated armed forces etc.

In a nutshell, Murtala was able to achieve in 6 months what Gowon couldn't do in 9 years!!!!!!!!!!

Despite his ineptitude, Gowon's govt was not the worst (in my opinion) (Don't you want to weep for Nigeria?) but he laid the foundation for the rot in which we find ourselves today!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Sijien(m): 2:49am On Nov 23, 2006
wendydoks abeg what site did u get dat from and is chxta still active there? oga seun is bent on driving his best members.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by segoye2(m): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2006
@ Sijien,

Yah, you are right!!!.

Where did you get that from wendydoks? Is really cool. I hope to read more of that from the source.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by omofineboy(m): 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2006
The worst president is Obasanjo Olusegun

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Johnny(m): 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2006
Who else if not the EVIL GENIUS?
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by mgboloyd(m): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2006
Obasanjo is d worst infact d worstest.infact he mite even b an anti christ.a sadist 2 d core.a kila of pples drims,hopes & aspirations

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 26, 2006
Worst president award goes to - the 29 yr old upstart who took over power in a bloody military uprising in 1966! The man now parading himself and his bloody hands as a prayer warrior! Major Gen Yakubu Gowon (rtd)

And the most corrupt and the father of Nigeria's present decay - None other than his Excremency Alhaji She-loot Shaga-thief
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Jakumo(m): 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2006
For sheer murderous brutality, no Nigerian dictotor can match the duo of Sanni Abacha and Buhari, that pair of totally illiterate hell-hounds.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Ndipe(m): 7:05am On Nov 27, 2006
As hard as this question may be, IIBB, in my opinion, holds the ignominous title as being Nigeria's worst president. It was during his regime that SAP was introduced, thereby introducing servere economic hardship in the society and destroying the middle class. "419" became an institution in his era, wasteful economic resources, chanelled into maintaining order in Liberia through ECOMOG, amidst economic hardship in the country and the loss of our best brains in the society to the western nation. IBB is a fraud.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Wendydoks(f): 1:02am On Nov 29, 2006
hi guys, sorry i wasn't able 2 respond. i started dat thread in some Nigerian website and i posted the response from Chxta to my thread cos i felt she really nailed exactly wat i was trynna pass thru.

meanwhile, i 'preciate the responses i got so far.

@Crownvilla. chei! my dear, i will have 2 take a chill seat 2 read all datsmiley

@Omofineboy, u said Olusegun is the worst?? u wanna shed some light on dat? cos i read in anoda thread from anoda website dat he is the best president Naija has had so far even tho they didn't state wat makes him the best we've had, i want to know more about that. while we are at it, i also wud love 2 know who you guys think is the best president to date while statin your opinion of the worst and why to both, thanks.smiley
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Wendydoks(f): 1:11am On Nov 29, 2006
Crownvilla:

Hi Wendyoks, you nailed it in one hit!!!!!!!!

GYG aka Jack was the lackey boy of the old British colonial imperialists. They loved their Sandhurst trained flunkey.

When he was in power, he failed to solve the problem of port congestion, he was insenstive to the demand for a new capital (due to the congestion of Lagos which he failed to address) and turned a deaf ear to anti-corruption crusaders such as Aper Aku and Godwin Daboh.

Allegations of coruption against JD Gomwalk -Governor of Benue Plateu state were simply ignored. In his time there were 12 governors and people were clamouring for a change due to the corruption of the governors.

Gowon promised to reassign the governors but did nothing, he promised to return the country to civil rule in 1976, but in 1974 he announced to the nation that the return to civil rule in 1976 was unrealistic. Of course, he failed to give another date for the return to democracy. Journalists and social critics that made any rumblings aginst his govt were picked up to help the police in their investigations at the dreaded Alagbon Close. Many spent weeks and even months incommunicado, Sunday Adewusi saw to that. Gowon promised to create new states but did nothing.

His cousin JS Tarka the Federal Commissiner for Communcations was accused of corrupt enrichment by Godwin Daboh; in response JS Tarka promised a chain of reactions if he was allowed to go down. He later resigned due to the heat of the Nigerian press and academicians. What did Gowon do?, nothing. No probe, no investigation, nada. But then, JS Tarka was his cousin. It was during his reign we saw the emergence of the 10 per centers. Every contract was inflated by 10% and the difference split under the table.

Mozambiqu, Angola, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia were all under harsh colonial rule and Gowon did nothing. Yet here he was boasting that Nigeria is the giant of Africa. Yes, he won the civil war and promised that he would implement 'Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Redemption in the spirit of 'no victor, no vanquished'. However, in real terms, he did little to reabsorb the Ibo nation into the mainstream of Nigerian affairs.

Then one day, on the 9th anniversary of Gowon's ascension to power, Col Joe Garba announces to the nation that Jack has been toppled from the top of the hill.

Murtala Muhammed becomes the new head of state and within 6 months creates new states, appoints a constitution drafting committee in preparation for the return to civcle, gives a solid timetable for the return to civil rule in 1979, appoints a commitee which chooses Abuja as the new capital, nationalises BP and Barclays bank which in turn, sends shock signals to Britain and other Europeoan countries supporting evil, minority regimes in Southern Africa. Nigeria now has a proactive foreign policy and the whole world sits up and somewhat nervously takes notice. The Giant has woken from its slumber!!!!! Murtala takes the struggle for self determination to the UN and supports the liberation movements politically, financially and in kind. Nigeria becomes a welcome haven for freedom fighters from all the countries in Southern Africa.

He probes the 12 governors, finds all but 10 corrupt and seizes their ill gotten wealth, decongests the troublesome ports, purges the civil service of 'dead woods', begins reorientation and demobillisation of the bloated armed forces etc.

In a nutshell, Murtala was able to achieve in 6 months what Gowon couldn't do in 9 years!!!!!!!!!!

Despite his ineptitude, Gowon's govt was not the worst (in my opinion) (Don't you want to weep for Nigeria?) but he laid the foundation for the rot in which we find ourselves today!!!!!!!!

wow!!! i actually read every line of this epistle, thanks. so if its not murtala who is it in your opinion and reading fron your posts, u seem to be tilting towards murtala as the best president ever had no?
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Wendydoks(f): 1:13am On Nov 29, 2006
davidylan:

Worst president award goes to - the 29 yr old upstart who took over power in a bloody military uprising in 1966! The man now parading himself and his bloody hands as a prayer warrior! Major Gen Yakubu Gowon (rtd)

And the most corrupt and the father of Nigeria's present decay - None other than his Excremency Alhaji She-loot Shaga-thief
hmm, interessting, so who do you award the best to date?? grin
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Boot30(f): 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2006
grin Gowon best (and finest wink), Abacha worst, followed closely by Babaginda and Buhari
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Crownvilla(m): 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2006
Hi Wendydoks,

Yep, in my humble opinion Murtala Muhammed was the best leader we ever had! What a shame he only lasted 6 months. But that is part of the problem we have in Nigeria. It seems as if Nigerians prefer a leader who is corrupt, a leader who will loot the treasury and give a few crumbs to his cronies.

The worst leader? I'd say Abacha, IBB, Shagari and Gowon in that order.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by omofineboy(m): 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2006
@wendydoks

Really when we talk about the best or worst president there should be some indicators or parameters to measure each of them and my own main indices are the impact on Nigerians and of course the economy. So many people have said so many things about the military and all that but I think we must examine life under each of the past presidents we had, Nigeria and Nigerians never had it so bad.

1. Nigeria made so much money from crude oil than all made before put together, Poverty is more pronounced in almost every home than ever yet we said OBJ is the best

2. Education never had it so bad, I remembered when I was in the University the highest fees paid was N250 and most of my colleagues paid N90 for accomodation lets check what is being paid now yet we had so much money, it is now we talked about reforms and how to privatise the education sector as if the private sector are imported people from the moon. I wonder why institutions of govt can not be so discipline enough to run govt affairs, instead of inflicting pains and sorrow on poor nigerians in the name of reforms, even in the public schools you must have at least 50,000 to get your ward enrolled, some may say how much is that but lets compare the percentage of the population that can afford that.

3. Obasanjo increased fuel prices more than any other president Nigeria ever had, this had a great impact on our economy which is petrol driven, I am not aware of a serious crisis in the Niger Delta before now, yet govt behaves as if she is not concerned. Bunkering continues unabated and thats was one of the reasons, we were given for increament. OBJ is the best

4. Unemployment we have Millions of Nigerian Graduates roaming about the street, some say gsm provided jobs I wonder the percentage of the jobs, if you are part of this you will know what I am saying. Govt has the opportunity of designing a social security plan for the graduates and implement it but they prefer stealing the public funds, which has been the hallmark of this administration yet OBJ is the best

5. Food Security, so many people have no food to eat even the UN agencies have been saying that, people are so poor that they can feed, why not when they are not involved in the economy of the country, just imagine able and willing young men that suppose to hold the economy wasting away .

5. NEPA is worst now I wont know how they were doing it before, but NEPA is worst now, apologists of this govt will want us to believe that its becuase of the repairs being carried out, or vandalization of gas pipeline by Niger delta forces of liberation, such arguements to me are too shallow, sometimes the minister of power and steel actually said power will be stable in 50 years time, OBJ is the best for carrying out repair works?

6. Privatisation- Obasanjo sold out all public companies to himself and his cronies am not yet aware of selling public corporations to self by any other president before him, we do know the past presidents stole and stealing is more now becuase they actually have more funds to steal examples abound all over

I will continue from this next time, to me OBJ is worst and no apology for that opinion.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Ndipe(m): 11:58pm On Dec 03, 2006
@omofineboy, yeah, I remember when hostel accomodation was 90 Naira per semester. It wasnt that bad. It is a different scenario today with the skyrocketing prices of hostel fees. Probably as expensive as renting a bunk off campus. I just don't know how people survive in Nigeria nowadays. School fees is just way out of reach for a lot of people back home, including federal universities, that in my set, was quite affordable.

You know what? IBB even tried in ameliorating the situation in a way, by introducing DFRII to instal pipe borne waters and electricity in the village. It may have been a failure, but there were some villages that benefitted from it. I used to read Newswatch magazine that did a feature on the merits of DFRII (Directorate for food, road and rural infrastructures). Then, when my cousin was at a federal school in the East, he told me that the Federal Government (under IBB) was building new science laboratories for the benefits of science students. Who remembers all those contests, like "Jet" science contests, put in place to motivate creative minds into action? What exactly has OBJ done? I used to receive Bursary from federal and Local Government. That is not in existence any longer. I just can't think of any redeeming or innovative ideas implemented by the current regime of OBJ. He probably is the worst president of Nigeria, not that I am exonerating IBB either.

Shame!!!
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alarinka(m): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2006
, shagari bleeped Nigeria up, followed by Gowon, then to an extent THE MINNA General,
at the inception of the 2nd re.the naira was stronger than the pound sterling, and dollar, made further worse by falae/IBB induced SAP/CORRUPTION,
NIGERIA MUST WORK AGAIN,
FOR ALL YOU CARE TO KNOW, ABACHA[if not for poor human right records/abiola issue] actully tried in the areas of drugs[remember bamaiyi],roads/hospital[remember PTF], ,ISSUE OF FAILED BANKS TRIBUNAL,THE PUSTCH IN GAMBIA,
The jambito BABA[student NOUN 001] STILL REMAINS THE BEST WE CAN OFFER
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Wendydoks(f): 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2006
wow! thx guys 4 ya contributions. am yet to read through them, cheesy
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Wendydoks(f): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2006
omofineboy :

Really when we talk about the best or worst president there should be some indicators or parameters to measure each of them and my own main indices are the impact on Nigerians and of course the economy. So many people have said so many things about the military and all that but I think we must examine life under each of the past presidents we had, Nigeria and Nigerians never had it so bad.

1. Nigeria made so much money from crude oil than all made before put together, Poverty is more pronounced in almost every home than ever yet we said OBJ is the best

2. Education never had it so bad, I remembered when I was in the University the highest fees paid was N250 and most of my colleagues paid N90 for accomodation lets check what is being paid now yet we had so much money, it is now we talked about reforms and how to privatise the education sector as if the private sector are imported people from the moon. I wonder why institutions of govt can not be so discipline enough to run govt affairs, instead of inflicting pains and sorrow on poor nigerians in the name of reforms, even in the public schools you must have at least 50,000 to get your ward enrolled, some may say how much is that but lets compare the percentage of the population that can afford that.

3. Obasanjo increased fuel prices more than any other president Nigeria ever had, this had a great impact on our economy which is petrol driven, I am not aware of a serious crisis in the Niger Delta before now, yet govt behaves as if she is not concerned. Bunkering continues unabated and thats was one of the reasons, we were given for increament. OBJ is the best

4. Unemployment we have Millions of Nigerian Graduates roaming about the street, some say gsm provided jobs I wonder the percentage of the jobs, if you are part of this you will know what I am saying. Govt has the opportunity of designing a social security plan for the graduates and implement it but they prefer stealing the public funds, which has been the hallmark of this administration yet OBJ is the best

5. Food Security, so many people have no food to eat even the UN agencies have been saying that, people are so poor that they can feed, why not when they are not involved in the economy of the country, just imagine able and willing young men that suppose to hold the economy wasting away .

5. NEPA is worst now I wont know how they were doing it before, but NEPA is worst now, apologists of this govt will want us to believe that its becuase of the repairs being carried out, or vandalization of gas pipeline by Niger delta forces of liberation, such arguements to me are too shallow, sometimes the minister of power and steel actually said power will be stable in 50 years time, OBJ is the best for carrying out repair works?

6. Privatisation- Obasanjo sold out all public companies to himself and his cronies am not yet aware of selling public corporations to self by any other president before him, we do know the past presidents stole and stealing is more now becuase they actually have more funds to steal examples abound all over

I will continue from this next time, to me OBJ is worst and no apology for that opinion.

so tell me why people are saying its not his fault that naija is already bad but needs time to be better?
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by omofineboy(m): 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2006
@wendydoks

We see things differently, how many years will it take obasanjo to build schools and hospitals for the common man, instead himself and Atiku built most expensive schools for themselves,

2. How any years will it take OBJ to repair our refineries instead they continue importation of fuel becuase it pays their cronies and elction sponsors

3. How many years will it take OBJ to repair roads having spent 7 years already instead they allocated 300 billion naira for road construction sometimes and they stole the funds

4. The worst regime people lay claim to is Abacha remember Abacha as wicked as people thought he was gave out buses to all institutions through the PTF, go to hospitals I meant govt owned they are still using what the PTF provided then, visit school lobraries you will see Abacha's traces how many years did it take Abacha to do this? OBJ and his apologists are the fact that things were already in bad shape before they came to justify their looting. why were they put there in the first place?

@ndipe

Thanks for your contributions, people complained about other regimes becuase they stole and carried out assasinations, OBJ did worst. my reasoning is that if was OBJ better in 1976 and why did he come back in 1999 to inflict pains on us? one of the pains I have in my heart is that credible and honest people that can deliver this country will never be allowed to rule but I know at God's time we will be liberated. God will raise an army that will build this country. just wait and see.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by DRANOEL(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2006
obasanjo the worst, murtala the best
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by lewa(m): 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2006
IBB/Abacha
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2006
The bane of our problem commenced by the government of Shagari - that time, I remember, a loaf of bread sold for a little as 15kobo and paket of sugar sold for 20k while Geisha sold for 7k, this was in the year 79/80 when they came in, gradually, the years progressed and things began to go down the drain, they introduced austerity measures, if you all remember? Umaru Dikko and other ministers were wanton and reckless in their plundering and recklessness, it was a case of who steals the most government money. By 1983 when Abacha/Buhari threw them out, prices of basic commodities had gone extremely high and then the military started coming in one by one - all in the pretext of rebuilding the nation - Babangida - to Abacha - to all of them till today. The nation was plundered, anarchy, you can't talk, you will be hounded to jail or killed - no freedom of speech, press became surpressed, corruption became institutionalised, until 1999 when we began to have another semblance of sanity back in government. So to me, the worst government dated back to Shagari/Ekwueme in the second republic.

Some people say OBJ is the worst, how come he is the worst, off all the leaders, in his first instance as a leader, he handed power down dutifully, and then many years passed as the nation was going down the drain - he came back - what you all forgot is that, a country that has been plundered for so long will take more that 8 years to rebuild. Whcih goverment has taken the steps OBJ took, to fight corruption - heloo!!!! Which government came out boldly to fight that?

@OMOFINEBOY

Your comments only attacked the surface, trace back the roots, trace back the cause of the problem and what effort is made to rectify the problems, don't take a problem at the top, trace the roots, OBJ has nade effort more than any other government in this country, it may take time, but if other government in the past had made the same effort, then Nigeria will be better.

Which government even tried to repartriate stollen funds ever before OBJ.

Which government spent the same repartriate funds on the biggest NEPA project ever, for uninterrupted power supply?
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Ndipe(m): 12:00am On Dec 27, 2006
It's all the same, they belong in the same category. Nobody can accurately pinpoint who is really the most corrupt of the pack, but I can clearly recall that in the late 70's/early 80's, eating 3 square meals a day was not really a challenge for the middle class. It wasnt a problem at all. The economy started deteriorating in 85 when IBB took over power. SAP was introduced, which was a collosal failure, and led to the destruction of the middle class in the society. From there, things just went downhill, SAP, then the devaluation of our Naira, which was a setback to us, complete ban on the importation of goods. Yeah, Shagari and his cronies may have stolen a lot of money, but the prices of food commodity was at least reasonable for the common man. Life was better for the common man till the mid 80's. What was 10 Naira then, when you could purchase provisions for boarding school? What was 100 Naira for feeding money? Lets leave Shagari and Umaro Dikko for the time being (I know that I am in the minority), food was affordable in their era. IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo are the worst. OBJ probably has tried to forestall corruption by introducing EFCC (abi, that's the name, right), but that could just be an attempt to glossen things over to trick Nigerians.

Is it true that some of his inlaws were involved in some shady deals in Real Estate in Lagos? Might have been either Ikeja, Ikoyi or VI.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by saintchux(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2006
The worst president we have is OBJ.

Who elected Abacha as head of state?
Who elected IBB as president?
Who elected Buhari to rule us?

We elected OBJ, Shagari, Belewa/Zik. I think is this people that we gave mandate and is them we should ask question on what they did with the mandate.

IBB, Abachi, and Buhari governed us by force and they don't have our mandate and owe us nothing.

We gave OBJ everything he needed to make life better for us, but he messed up. He has alot of money at his disposal, good brain to chunk out policies, but he choose political revenge, he choose to extend his tenure. Instead of developing universities he established one for himself, instead of equiping our library, he established one for himself.

OBJ is the worst president we have. In mist of plenty he starved us. I will never forgive him for not making Nigeria great. He has wasted a whole good eight years without achieving anything meaningful.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by omofineboy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2006
@alabiyemmy

Its a pity you havent been following my posts, I never tackled issues on the surface ok. OBJ has eight good years to repair a "plundered" Nigeria tell me specifically what he has done.

Nigerian Roads are worst during his regime

Education is in shambles only private schools are in thousands becuase he has one

NEPA is worst
Hospitals have no drugs instead they use HIV/AIDS to make billions for themselves, God will punish them one by one

Corruption reached its elastic limit and ready to break

even though he has more than enough money to do it, I ask a question pls answer it, sentimenmts apart, it took Abacha 1 year or so to use excess profit to repair, Nigerian roads, hospitals with drugs and beddings, higher institutions with books and buses how many years ? it may interest you that the facilties provided by abacha ptf then are still being used in most of the public hospitals as criminally minded as Abacha was then, so how may years will it take you OBJ to do something that will better the life of Nigerians, may be you campaing for 5th term for him.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alabiyemmy(m): 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2006
@ OMOFINEboy

I laughed when I read your last post. Please answer this question sincerely. How many years did Abacha rule, and how long in these years did it take him and his family to loot 66.5billion Naira (http://www.odiousdebts.org/odiousdebts/index.cfm?DSP=content&ContentID=11466). How long did he rule us, please answerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Which roads did he repair? Maybe if he had been there on the throne for 8 years, he would have looted tripple that amount?? and you tell me your posts are meaningful and not scratching the surface? You have two friends, one stole money from you, one came to you and gave you back the stolen money, which one is better of your two friends?

I will like to know.

Read this as well: http://www.odiousdebts.org/odiousdebts/index.cfm?DSP=subcontent&AreaID=158

Unless it is hard for you to beleive!
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2006
well compare Abacha's time and now,Abacha had his bad side like we all do but he definitely is better than the present president,he aint no hipocrite,he did what he had to do,which is better than doing the worst and using christianity angry as a camoflage,and take for instance then petrol was btween 10 to 13 naira,but now its going between 80 to 110 naira,just see the big difference shocked
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by alabiyemmy(m): 12:32am On Dec 28, 2006
@ ThoniaSlim

I can't beleive what you guys are saying. A government whose head stole 66.5billion Naira is good? 66.5 billion Naira to his own family alone, minus houses and porperties scattered around the world? And you guys stay here and say he is good? I am amazed at Nigerians, what could he have done to Nigeria that will wish away the 66.5billion Naira that he stole? Even if he turned Nigeria into paradise, which he did not, how can he even be in the books of anybody? what is better between an hypocrite and a thief? You guys must have lost a sense of reasoning or something is wrong, not with the leaders of Nigeria alone, but something is wrong with the thinking facaulty of most people who commnet on this forum.

Abacha is good, please lets go to his grave and wake him up to come and rule us again. Maybe we realy need a thief as a President in this country, where is Anini and other known armed robbers? Lets bring them on as our leaders.

You then wonder why corruption is in the mind of everyone, the corrupt leader is praised, he is the best in the country Nigeria, if you are not corrupt, you are hounded and branded names as a no do good person.

@ omofineboy

You said "one of the pains I have in my heart is that credible and honest people that can deliver this country will never be allowed to rule but I know at God's time we will be liberated. God will raise an army that will build this country. just wait and see."

Who do you have in mind? I guess its Abacha that you quoted did so well?
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by Ynot(m): 4:51am On Dec 28, 2006
IBB might be the worst but don't forget the role he played in bringing women into political limelight. His wife redefined the role of first lady in Nigeria. A legacy most women are now enjoying.
Re: Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2006
@alabiyemmy
i did not say he is the best or he is good,i only did a comparison,and his government is still better than the present government,do you know how much the present government has stolen,its much more,only they are good thiefs and use projects to camoflage everything.the only good head of state i can say was good and because of this they killed him in a very short time after he became head of state was murtala mohammed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagosians In Pains Over Unending Road Construction Projects / Fire Guts Lekan Balogun’s Ibadan House / Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.