Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Lets Talk About Swimming. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lets Talk About Swimming. (21070 Views)

Jude Ighalo, His Wife And Kids Go Swimming (Photos) / Fans React As Cristiano Ronaldo Shares Swimming Pool Photo With Black "Friend" / Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by obibanks: 3:11pm On May 05, 2016
Explorers:
When she finally surfaced, there was no doctor on board the boat, it took them more than 30 minutes to get Audrey to the nearest hospital.
She was pronounced dead on arrival.

I remember this documentary, it was her husband that caused it. All the necessary safety procedures and personnel weren't in check. He was trying to compete with another lady that broke the record. The arrangements he made were on short notice
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
Lol! I once experienced that back in 2010! I was an amateur then. Still I was the expert amidst my friends. It was a dreaded day as I delight them with skills and freestyles. Then I could only go from the deep part to the shallow part. But not from the shallow to the deep part. But I wanted to form boss that day. I went from from the deep part to the shallow part. And they cheered me to go back to the deep part. As I was going. I got to about 9ft and got tired. That was all I could remember. I drowned and was struggling with the water. My friends thought it was all part of swimming and we all smiling while I'm drowning. Not until when the life guard notice me from after and rescued me with long stick which I held and he pulled me out. I don drink about 3 liters of chlorinated water already. Now I can swim in the Pacific Ocean grin. You should have continued the second day. You will be a pro by now just like me winkauthor=cekhoe post=45337999]I get dizzy when I look into water, be it a river or pool,but after all this talk about how swimming is a good exercise I over came my fear and decided to learn how to swim,I got into the 3 ft part of the pool and my supposed instructor wanted to swim before the lessons begin,I was left alone,my people it was my first time ever in a water body o,I just said let me walk inside the pool ,before I could say Jack, I fell on my back,was drinking water,I couldn't get back on my feet,it was hilarious to the people in the pool because to them how can a 5 ft plus drown in a 3 ft pool,before my instructor could swim back,I had drank a lot of water,that was when they knew I wasn't faking it,even after everything, the people kept whispering, so it was,I my first day in the pool,my most dreaded moment, I thought I was gonna die,have not gone since then
not me o,moving water scare s me plus that experience, am not going back soon
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Bohr: 3:20pm On May 05, 2016
Is there any1 in Enugu that can teach me how to swim?
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 3:23pm On May 05, 2016
cekhoe:
not me o,moving water scare s me plus that experience, am not going back soon
Lol! You should have conquered the fear afterwards. Swimming is fun. You can always try again
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by macaranta(m): 3:25pm On May 05, 2016
Swimming is fun,it's easier to swim in deep ends than shallow ends.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Shakazulu2: 3:32pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
Lol! I once experienced that back in 2010! I was an amateur then. Still I was the expert amidst my friends. It was a dreaded day as I delight them with skills and freestyles. Then I could only go from the deep part to the shallow part. But not from the shallow to the deep part. But I wanted to form boss that day. I went from from the deep part to the shallow part. And they cheered me to go back to the deep part. As I was going. I got to about 9ft and got tired. That was all I could remember. I drowned and was struggling with the water. My friends thought it was all part of swimming and we all smiling while I'm drowning. Not until when the life guard notice me from after and rescued me with long stick which I held and he pulled me out. I don drink about 3 liters of chlorinated water already. Now I can swim in the Pacific Ocean grin. You should have continued the second day. You will be a pro by now just like me winkauthor=cekhoe post=45337999]I get dizzy when I look into water, be it a river or pool,but after all this talk about how swimming is a good exercise I over came my fear and decided to learn how to swim,I got into the 3 ft part of the pool and my supposed instructor wanted to swim before the lessons begin,I was left alone,my people it was my first time ever in a water body o,I just said let me walk inside the pool ,before I could say Jack, I fell on my back,was drinking water,I couldn't get back on my feet,it was hilarious to the people in the pool because to them how can a 5 ft plus drown in a 3 ft pool,before my instructor could swim back,I had drank a lot of water,that was when they knew I wasn't faking it,even after everything, the people kept whispering, so it was,I my first day in the pool,my most dreaded moment, I thought I was gonna die,have not gone since then

My first time was worse. Their was this particular girl that laughed at me so hard, that I was thankful am dark skinned, cus If I were any lighter, surely the burning marks of embarrassment would have shown all over me embarassed . I told myself I had to overcome this fear, how can I disgrace myself like that and leave it at that. MBA! so I started going to a different pool....with a different instructor...trained like crazy. It took sometime but all worth it, cus now am like...'what da hell was I even scared of' angry ... funny thing is I kept going back to the first pool wishing to see the *laughing-jackass again, just so I could display/show my moves (babes wouldn't even recognize my ass anymore anyway grin ) ...

All am trying to point out is, just say to yourself...I CAN! and before you know it....YOU HAVE DONE IT. Dusted men cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by mrbillz(m): 3:39pm On May 05, 2016
Lol! I became a pro too with constant practicing
Shakazulu2:

My first time was worse. Their was this particular girl that laughed at me so hard, that I was thankful am dark skinned, cus If I were any lighter, surely the burning marks of embarrassment would have shown all over me embarassed . I told myself I had to overcome this fear, how can I disgrace myself like that and leave it at that. MBA! so I started going to a different pool....with a different instructor...trained like crazy. It took sometime but all worth it, cus now am like...'what da hell was I even scared of' angry ... funny thing is I kept going back to the first pool wishing to see the *laughing-jackass again, just so I could display/show my moves (babes wouldn't even recognize my ass anymore anyway grin ) ...

All am trying to point out is, just say to yourself...I CAN! and before you know it....YOU HAVE DONE IT. Dusted men cool
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by 2map(m): 3:46pm On May 05, 2016
My friend here said he can swim, I asked if he had swum b4 and well his reply was No, dude is very serious. me juz dey laff am.

Reminds me of my first and last tim I entered water. I thought it was going to be very easy but damn, I was fvckn too nervous. The swim instructor didn't help matter at all, imagine taking me to the deep part at my very first attempt, of course I drank a lot of water that day despite telling the idiot I was not ready. Now, I don't think I'll go swimming anytime soon. Guess aquaphobia will be added to my list of phobias.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by eazyjakes(m): 3:54pm On May 05, 2016
[quote author=cekhoe post=45337999]I get dizzy when I look into water, be it a river or pool,but after all this talk about how swimming is a good exercise I over came my fear and decided to learn how to swim,I got into the 3 ft part of the pool and my supposed instructor wanted to swim before the lessons begin,I was left alone,my people it was my first time ever in a water body o,I just said let me walk inside the pool ,before I could say Jack, I fell on my back,was drinking water,I couldn't get back on my feet,it was hilarious to the people in the pool because to them how can a 5 ft plus drown in a 3 ft pool,before my instructor could swim back,I had drank a lot of water,that was when they knew I wasn't faking it,even after everything, the people kept whispering, so it was,I my first day in the pool,my most dreaded moment, I thought I was gonna die,have not gone since then.

Smiles....Dats d power of fear,it will drain u of ur natural abilities. It's technically difficult for a 5 ft individual to drown in a 3 ft section of a pool xcept maybe u have cramps and was unable to stand up....don't give up....go to d pool often with a good instructor, with tym 12 ft will be too shallow for u!
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by rabzy: 3:56pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:

Men that was close....showboating dey kill ooo. Thats how i lost a friend to diving.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by bisiswag(f): 4:08pm On May 05, 2016
I love swimming hav searched for where to enroll @ Abuja but yet to get a place to do that and learn. Pls anyone @ Abuja that knows that good place? Kindly cc me.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by 0gbeni(m): 4:20pm On May 05, 2016
swimming is so refreshing, learnt in 2011 and I try to go every weekend...and the more you swim, the more you improve..

tried swimming at the beach though, wasn't so pleasant, i need to learn how to swim in moving water

cheesy smiley
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by alizma: 4:46pm On May 05, 2016
SPDAZZY:
I love to swim but I cant cry. Who will teach me?

Well done explorers.
lets go then. willing to teach you only if u are in Lagos and within Ikeja or close by.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Psoul(m): 4:56pm On May 05, 2016
surestakes:

I disagree with this. To float, all you need to be able to do is control your breath. If you doubt, let's meet up with one of your skinny friends and I will teach him/her to float.

grin

You are very much correct. Floating on water depends on the way you breath. struggling to breath draws u downwards while drawing long breath and gradually releasing it keeps u afloat. Do not breath too often, it reduces your strength.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by tosinjay(m): 5:13pm On May 05, 2016
Couldn't read althrough though.. I love swimming sha.. but i need a private pool, and don't know when that's gon' be. My learning process was quite quick as i learnt because of a job interview. Could do better than people who gave me clue just in about my 4th time with no real tutor. like swimming alot but hate staying in the water too long due to cold.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Damoxy(m): 6:06pm On May 05, 2016
wu will teach me aw to swim here in Lag?A lady can teach me too o
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 05, 2016
[quote author=eazyjakes post=45340110][/quote]I still have issues with wearing bathing suit abi na bikini will go back but not soon
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
Lol! You should have conquered the fear afterwards. Swimming is fun. You can always try again
I will,bit not soon
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 05, 2016
Shakazulu2:

went back to the pool just to view,the instructors still recognised me,really embarrassing
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by eazyjakes(m): 6:15pm On May 05, 2016
cekhoe:
I still have issues with wearing bathing suit abi na bikini will go back but not soon

Ok....jst wear wat u comfy with....nice hair dere...cheers!
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 05, 2016
eazyjakes:

Ok....jst wear wat u comfy with....nice hair dere...cheers!
alright
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by sniper77(m): 6:50pm On May 05, 2016
mrbillz:
Lazy boy! You go fit swim well on top woman grin tongue come make I teach you for free wink

Thanks for the offer. Once I was asked to pay a minimal fee to learn how to swim and later on the individual said he will teach me how to swim for free and I refused.

Na u be the second person wey dey offer to teach me for free. E be like say una plenty wey dem send after me. Tell mammy water say her plans don fail.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by souljaboi51(m): 7:08pm On May 05, 2016
surestakes:

I disagree with this. To float, all you need to be able to do is control your breath. If you doubt, let's meet up with one of your skinny friends and I will teach him/her to float.

grin

Please teach me. Floating is the only thing I haven't figured out. I am self taught by the way
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Dallat65: 9:37pm On May 05, 2016
swimming is fun. I learnt to swim myself but someday when i jumped into a 6ft plus region ,i almost drown bt thank God i jumped near the wall. Bt now, i can jump into any depth of water as long as it's free of wild animals. Even sometime saved a drowning man. And now, am not really opportuned to swim. Learnt during secondary school days though.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 05, 2016
pamcode:
I love swimming but i havent had the opportunity to learn it.
Started my lessons 3weeks ago. It's been fun sooo far. I don drink water tire but I know 2 styles now. My instructor is crazy good.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 05, 2016
Ximonak:
First day for swimming lessons my trainer just told me to immerse myself. He wanted to see how long I can hold my breathe.
I just enter with fear, came up he was surprised, I saw his watch read 42s

I normal immerse myself right from small in my bath tub before I bath... grin
Yea. Mine was surprised too when I did 70seconds on the first day. It's been fun all the way sha but I get tired easily.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Yehman(m): 1:56am On May 06, 2016
One of my best sports. I like this
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by uvalued(m): 6:48am On May 06, 2016
maka try learn swimming
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Creamychic(f): 2:42pm On May 06, 2016
mrbillz:
Where are you in Lag? Are you around Ikeja?

Sent u a pm.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Ximonak: 5:46pm On May 08, 2016
[img][/img]
Amusaopeyemi:

Yea. Mine was surprised too when I did 70seconds on the first day. It's been fun all the way sha but I get tired easily.
Try to relax more when inside, don't struggle to swim, "to go fast with ease you got to row gentle"

Practice it than first relax and enjoy it in in mind, then others follow
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Wiz0isaac: 8:37pm On May 08, 2016
Oxytocin:

Agent of Lai Lie Mohammed spotted
Somebody call 911 grin grin grin
I don't know why people think a little extra ordinary is a lie. If he says he can why doubt him no bi man dy go 22mins widawt surfacing.
Re: Lets Talk About Swimming. by Wiz0isaac: 9:14pm On May 08, 2016
I still dy surfa from the events of yesterday. I went swimming wid ma frinds and we got to our favourite pool, omg it was freaking dirty, so we trekked about 2kms from Folusho @sango to shoprite @fate (not dat we couldn't get a cab or a cycle but u knw students NA) at the end NA so we tear bike from shoprite to princess @pipeline. It wasn't easy as an enthusiast wu stopped swimming for almost two months coupled with the trek I got cramped 4times, even got stuck in about 7ft deep of water, someone was like hez gonna drown and was coming to ma aid,n but I scaled it widawt help using the butterfly since ma legs were rite off. I couldn't do the normal crawl and freestyles tru awt thank God for back stroke it was less stressful. I got to the pool limit again I guess 8ft again I wonna go deeper any deeper pool? Pls be careful what u suggest oh ah bi small boy oh ah Neva old rich... #ah no go say ma age#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Are 2021/22 Bundesliga Champions / Emenike, Nsofor, Ameobi Return For Super-Eagles / NFF Plans To Snatch Saka From England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.