Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU (9017 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom / Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 4:31pm On May 08, 2016
[size=18pt]WINNER FOR THIS THIRD PLACE MATCH WILL BE ANNOUCED TODAY DURING THE FINAL MATCH IN THE EVENING. [/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by walegee(m): 5:01pm On May 08, 2016
It's supposed to be sire, but here in Nigeria I don't think it is a right tool.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Opeade939(f): 5:18pm On May 08, 2016
In my own opinion, i think social media is an effective tool because alot of people do not have access to what their leaders are doing.
It helps alot of people especially the masses to know how well they are being represented.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by DesChyko: 5:43pm On May 08, 2016
Well, since there are no rebuttals, I save my typing power for the finals.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Abuklaw(m): 8:23pm On May 08, 2016
No amount of apology will suffice for my absence. I am emotionally and physically exhausted after a journey that lasted 42 hours.

This is what really happened.
www.punchng.com/55420-2/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by OAUTemitayo: 9:13pm On May 08, 2016
Abuklaw:
No amount of apology will suffice for my absent. I am emotionally and physically exhausted after a journey that lasted 42 hours.

Your safety is paramount. We thank God you are safe.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 9:21pm On May 08, 2016
Abuklaw:
No amount of apology will suffice for my absent. I am emotionally and physically exhausted after a journey that lasted 42 hours.

Wow..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 10:27pm On May 08, 2016
While the Finals is still hot.

Let me drop the score sheet for this.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 10:32pm On May 08, 2016
JUDGE X

LASU WINS on Judge X list.

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by OAUTemitayo: 10:39pm On May 08, 2016
Fynestboi:
JUDGE X

LASU WINS on Judge X list.
I think you should post the scores
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 10:41pm On May 08, 2016
Judge Y.

ABU ZARIA Wins on the list of Judge Y.

Eduntee (LASU )

1. Presentation - 3
2. Logic - 3

3. Strength - 5
4. Persuasiveness - 4

5. Demonstration of knowledge - 3

6. Rebuttals- 0
Total = 18

Catalyst4real(ABU)

1. Presentation - 4
2. Logic - 4
3. Strength - 3
4. Persuasiveness - 5
5. Demonstration of knowledge - 3
6. Rebuttals - 0

Total = 19

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 10:42pm On May 08, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
I think you should post the scores

OK sir.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 10:48pm On May 08, 2016
JUDGE Z

Eduntee
1. Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) 3

2. Logic of arguments 3

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases. 4

4. Persuasiveness 4

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject 4

6. Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience

Total : 18

Catalyst4real
1. Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) 3

2. Logic of arguments 3

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases. 4

4. Persuasiveness 4

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject 3

6. Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience

Total : 17
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Catalyst4real: 11:20pm On May 08, 2016
Here we go again
But where did judge Z get his rebuttals score from?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by OAUTemitayo: 11:25pm On May 08, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Here we go again But where did judge Z get his rebuttals score from?
Begging Question
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by IamDejman(m): 11:27pm On May 08, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Here we go again

OAUTemitayo:

Begging Question

Funny enough, the so-called rebuttal point was only given to catalyst4real undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 11:30pm On May 08, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Here we go again

There is no score there na. It's blank.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 11:32pm On May 08, 2016
IamDejman:

Funny enough, the so-called rebuttal point was only given to catalyst4real undecided undecided

That was a mistake confirm, you see that didn't reflect in the total score sheet.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by OAUTemitayo: 11:33pm On May 08, 2016
Fynestboi:

Probably a typo from your side. Though the addition didn't add up meaning it was a genuine mistake
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Catalyst4real: 11:33pm On May 08, 2016
Fynestboi:

playing smart? you just edited it
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 11:37pm On May 08, 2016
Catalyst4real:

playing smart? you just edited it

Edited the second one...

Not trying to play smart.

Check well the three marks didn't reflect in the total.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by IamDejman(m): 11:37pm On May 08, 2016
Fynestboi:

That was a mistake confirm, you see that didn't reflect in the total score sheet.

We needed two judges. We have two judges wink

God bless Nairaland
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 11:38pm On May 08, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Probably a typo from your side.
Though the addition didn't add up meaning it was a genuine mistake

Yes... It is my...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by Fynestboi: 12:22am On May 09, 2016
Winner:

LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by earnestkid1: 7:15am On May 09, 2016
YOU SEE!
See, am ain't gonna beg anyone or plead for anyone to read my TALENT write - up but I do like you to understand that, you can never be who you are assigned and destined to be if you don't make us of your talent. See if you find it so difficult to cherish and appreciate what the Lord or your maker as perfected or dominated inside of you, what else can you appreciate on earth? How will you feel if the person you love so much doesn't cherish you but in time of trouble the person still run down to you? See, why do you have eyes and still you can't see? Can you compare the air from your fan and with that of the Lord (the natural air) see can you compare the bulb in your house with that of the sun? See can you compare that your pool with that of the river? Can you compare that of your water tap with that of the rain?, so why will you ever compare your talent with that of your schooling or that job which you struggle with? See many will end up biting fingers, many will end up crying, many will end up lost, because they are operating opposite their destiny. See dearest, you can waste time with that your guy or girl, you can waste time snapping pictures, you can waste time on that your studies, you can waste time on your online courses, you can waste time gossiping, you can waste time reading online gist but you can't waste time on your own free natural talent that will bring you that exceeding uplifting it a pity! Well I can't blame you all " you know why? Because you don't buy It, you don't beg for it, you don't spend all your life biding for it, you don't get it with a huge amount of money, you don't study hard before it comes out, that is the main reason you find it so difficult to cherish it. But lastly, I want you to remember that there is nothing I mean nothing you can use to compare the Lord given gift because it always so special and supernatural. So dearest it left to you. Kill your talent, bury it, destroy it, ignore it and see what will happen on that day of accounting. But don't forget that Earnest Gabriel is shouting. Talent is real, it great, it special, it supernatural, it pure and it brings light into your destiny please let work in the light because we are all in the dark! Earnest Gabriel say so!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate 3rd Edition: Third Place Winner: LASU by luxanne(f): 7:31am On May 09, 2016
Congratulations Team LASU. smiley

And @ Catalyst4real, it was good seeing you in the debate. smiley

Abuklaw:
No amount of apology will suffice for my absence. I am emotionally and physically exhausted after a journey that lasted 42 hours.

Sad one. Good to know you are fine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Askia Oghale Tessy - Best Graduating Student Of Middlesex University / 18 Lecturers Nabbed For Admission Racketeering / Microbiology Masters Degree: Uniben Postgraduate Programmes 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.