Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD (23195 Views)

JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Rush Now For TNRI Scholarship 2017 For Secondary School Leavers And Undergraduat / Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2016/17 TNRI Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by cutecanson(m): 11:27pm On May 02, 2016
Polylite...I rep
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by tosyne2much(m): 11:28pm On May 02, 2016
Ephemmm:

Thrash.... I stand to be corrected! Aba-made 4 or 5 credits in WAEC is not a yardstick for determining how brilliant a student is in considering the availability of numerous 'miracle centre' in modern Nigeria.

For your information, my uncle studies linguistic in University without having Credit in English.

In the same vein, my immediate younger brother seeked admission into one of Nigerian polytechnics without success: he didn't meet the cut off, but to God be the glory, he applied for linguistic at OAU, and he write his final paper few months ago.

I have two to three friends who are graduates of University of Ibadan today without writing JAMB from the onset: the requirement at their satellite campus as at then was five credits in NECO; just paid their fees and you are good to go. Through this, the dullest among the dullards in my class while in secondary school is now a mathematician.

I have a friend then who opted for Administrative course in polytechnic due to his inability to have strong financial backing even after he has been admitted to study law in University.

So, be assured that everybody is in different shoes and sizes: don't judge people based on their school or courses because you don't know how they got there.

Speaking from experience, no matter what may be the course you study in Nigerian Universities, there are polytechnic students out there that may perform/are better than you in all ramifications. That is why employer of labour who knows his worth put every candidates into test irrespective of the school one attends.

Last month was the first time I heard about a Muslim University in Ede, Osun state. Going by all these regular rating, I don't think it will be among the best 500 if public opinion is seeked. Guess what! A graduate of Economy outshines every other candidates invited for test in my company including the ones from OAU, UI, UNILAG, COVENANT etc which everybody believes are topmost Nigeria Universities.

Get your fact right.
You are indeed a man of intelligence... I bow for your intelligence sir
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by omokab: 11:29pm On May 02, 2016
uthfaith:
I won't. All I will just say u pay money on unnecessary things in polytechnics
just look up and see what you write by yourself as a university graduate or undergraduate. How would you call a certificate somebody labour to acquire unnecessary thing. Possibly, people like don't even have a good job at hand or know nothing in that university. Meanwhile, I will use this medium to correct some thing as mentioned by op. On the issue of job, there are many poly that work in a better while many of university graduate were still roaming about the street looking for the job.i'm not saying poly get a better job than uni but all depends on luck. Also with upper credit,a poly graduate can start his or her master straight in the university. Another one is that, if you have obtain your masters you can get to the level of director in public service as a poly graduate. This one might likely be corrected soon bcs they are trying to correct some erroneous things those past greedy leaders have done to favour themselves or their colleque. On the issue of Gp it depends on the poly,some use 4.0 while some 5.0 all are the same thing if you calculate how they grade their mark. More so, being a university graduate does not mean you are better than polytechnic in all manners as some univ are not even up to the standards. For example how would you compare a graduate of ebonyi state university to a graduate of yaba,ibadan poly,and this polytechnic at edo state? Mind you, am not saying poly is better compare to uni but you should not condemn what other people. still look at it, a course like accounting and engineering have a better standards in polytechnics than university. ICAN have the highest numbers of qualify chattered accountants from poly compare to uni this is why in public service accountant from poly start from the same level with university graduate. Mr man I know many university graduate that cannot defend what they learnt in school. I worked with one construction company where the white will always laugh at any engineer from uni they bring to the company bcs they know that they soon resign their appointment. They prefer poly graduate bcs they know that majority of them have practical knowledge.thank you and good night.

1 Like

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 02, 2016
bro4u:
Millions are graduating from universities with Bsc certificates making the labour market very competitive, you go cum go stand with your ND/HND certificate, lol even faith no go help you...
Mumu

1 Like

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 02, 2016
bro4u:
Millions are graduating from universities with Bsc certificates making the labour market very competitive, you go cum go stand with your ND/HND certificate, lol even faith no go help you...
Ode oshi

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by tosyne2much(m): 11:42pm On May 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Somewhere in your subconscious you were able to convince yourself that Wole Soyinka isn't recognised internationally @ moving the world. It's okay to defend your polytechnic, but don't drag Wole Soyinka into such facile and preposterous comparison.
Madam calm down... I'm a supporter of freedom of expression and I'm of the belief that we are wired to think differently, therefore, it's not a necessity that you nod your head in affirmation to my assertion or opinion.

*That being said*

I never said Wole Soyinka is not respected internationally but it's paramount to know that personality like Dangote, one of the richest men in the world, will definitely receive more respecr (na money we dey talk here ooooo, forget Laureth nobel or whatever).. What I'm trying to say is that, "money unarguably rules the world more than anything else" which you and I know

Bill Gates as well as Dangote is undoubtedly ranked the top richest men in the world and you will hear their names hundred of times (on social media) before you hear that of Prof Wole Soyinka

In a nutshell, money rules the world we are in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Vicfus(m): 11:53pm On May 02, 2016
For me, I think this argument over HND and BSC na for suffer head... when you're made your qualifications doesn't count.... take for instance; have Чōϋ' heard any gist on D̶̲̥̅̊ educational background of Otedola, Aliko Dangote, e.t.c
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by tosyne2much(m): 12:02am On May 03, 2016
iAmCharis:
No talk this kain thing for public o. You're talking about someone who has an express right to provide new words for the dictionary any day, any time!
Bro, I stand on my point... No matter how much we argue, the fact is that people need money more than new dictionary words... Like I said earlier, a billionaire who is an illiterate will definitely make waves more than anyone else

Abeg just try make small money and watch how your family members whom never knew from Adam will start seeing you as a god
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by tosyne2much(m): 12:05am On May 03, 2016
Vicfus:
For me, I think this argument over HND and BSC na for suffer head... when you're made your qualifications doesn't count.... take for instance; have Чōϋ' heard any gist on D̶̲̥̅̊ educational background of Otedola, Aliko Dangote, e.t.c
The same thing I was saying bro... I was talking about the respect associated with being among the world richest, these people are talking about the respect associated with being a Laureth nobel... Smh

1 Like

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Taryur3(m): 12:06am On May 03, 2016
Mixty:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/secondary-school-leavers-shun-admission-polytechnics/

Even since the time I was in junior secondary School,I never honor the word polytechnics.My Dad hates the institution like hell.kudos to university graduate...nothing to be ashamed of.but if you grad without job...ur case na another story lol.
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Gesd(m): 12:26am On May 03, 2016
no doubt polytechnic is still d best
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Nobody: 12:32am On May 03, 2016
In the first place poly and unis were not meant to be the same. Polytechnics are for vocational and technical education while universities are for advanced learning and research.

2 Likes

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by kolaosita4(m): 12:43am On May 03, 2016
Poly or Uni I don't care I only pray 4 good-luck. Looking up to God
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by ireneony(f): 12:48am On May 03, 2016
iAmCharis:
No talk this kain thing for public o. You're talking about someone who has an express right to provide new words for the dictionary any day, any time!
who dictionary don epp undecided
We should invest on our local dialect not the borrowed language you called English.

Last time I checked forbes only recognised dangote not wole sonyika.

The other day, dangote opened the biggest cement factory in Ethiopia, if you ask me, dangota has done more good and well recognised globally for his humantaria works.

Let me ask you this question can wole stand in the same room with bill gate. And how many people has wole help?
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by kinglekan: 1:57am On May 03, 2016
ireneony:
who dictionary don epp undecided
We should invest on our local dialect not the borrowed language you called English.

Last time I checked forbes only recognised dangote not wole sonyika.

The other day, dangote opened the biggest cement factory in Ethiopia, if you ask me, dangota has done more good and well recognised globally for his humantaria works.

Let me ask you this question can wole stand in the same room with bill gate. And how many people has wole help?

[b]
Are you seriously kidding me? Invest in our local dialect? Going with your line of thought, "Who local dialect don Epp?" undecided

Your basis for comparison is quite hilarious. Forbes creates various lists for different purposes. Your assertion though largely false because Wole Soyinka was 2nd to Chinua Achebe at some point on the "Top Most Powerful African Celebrities" and perhaps he is probably number one now considering Chinua Achebe is late.

It's like comparing Henry Ford with Albert Einstein. Did Albert Einstein create Jobs or build factories? Yet Henry Ford did and thousands were employed. Today both men are still remembered for their distinct contributions to the world.

Life is about impact and to be honest with you not all rich men would be remembered and a perfect example would be William Shakespeare whose books are still being read, whose life story is still being told on the BBC yearly. Yet who remembers the richest men in his day's?

And what exactly would stop Wole Soyinka from standing in the same room with Bill gates? Don't be ridiculous. grin cheesy

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts" - William Shakespeare

[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by ireneony(f): 2:27am On May 03, 2016
kinglekan:

[b]
Are you seriously kidding me? Invest in our local dialect? Going with your line of thought, "Who local dialect don Epp?" undecided

Your basis for comparison is quite hilarious. Forbes creates various lists for different purposes. Your assertion though largely false because Wole Soyinka was 2nd to Chinua Achebe at some point on the "Top Most Powerful African Celebrities" and perhaps he is probably number one now considering Chinua Achebe is late.

It's like comparing Henry Ford with Albert Einstein. Did Albert Einstein create Jobs or build factories? Yet Henry Ford did and thousands were employed. Today both men are still remembered for their distinct contributions to the world.

Life is about impact and to be honest with you not all rich men would be remembered and a perfect example would be William Shakespeare whose books are still being read, whose life story is still being told on the BBC yearly. Yet who remembers the richest men in his day's?

And what exactly would stop Wole Soyinka from standing in the same room with Bill gates? Don't be ridiculous. grin cheesy

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts" - William Shakespeare

[/b]

you don't know nothing! And am gonna tell you something.

The average Americans don't know about wole soyinka but they definitely know of dangote.

Please dangote is more popular and famous in Nigeria and all over the world.

Ask your little cousin about this two personality, he/she must have never heard of wole. ...definitely your cousin have heard of dangote.

Dangote name will ever be remembered for his entrepreneurship ...his biography and impact is well documented in our history book, take entrepreneur 211 for example which is a compulsory course for all university undergraduate.

The only thing I know wole sonyika for it is his grey afro and nothinggrin
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by kinglekan: 2:46am On May 03, 2016
ireneony:
you don't know nothing! And am gonna tell you something.

The average Americans don't know about wole soyinka but they definitely know of dangote.

Please dangote is more popular and famous in Nigeria and all over the world.

Ask your little cousin about this two personality, he/she must have never heard of wole. ...definitely your cousin have heard of dangote.

Dangote name will ever be remembered for his entrepreneurship ...his biography and impact is well documented in our history book, take entrepreneur 211 for example which is a compulsory course for all university undergraduate.

The only thing I know wole sonyika for it is his grey afro and nothing grin

You are just a stubborn gal that has refused to learn. grin grin grin.

Oya sidon lemme school you one last time grin

Now you have switched to popularity contest? Funny thing is you type as though you have a survey backing up your points.

There are loads of people who aren't as rich as Aliko Dangote that are far more popular than he is. Popularity and being famous doesn't equal IMPACT.

Even Anini was popular at some point and history books still reminds us of him. cheesy

My point is IMPACT and i would reiterate the same point i made earlier. Both men are fulfilling different purposes and would be remembered for their contribution to humanity. There is no basis in comparing both of them. It's like Comparing Warren Buffet with Ben Carson.

If you still don't get it then you would have to wait till rapture so that Jesus can explain to you better. grin kiss kiss

@Bold you nor well oo grin grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by ireneony(f): 2:52am On May 03, 2016
kinglekan:

Now you have switched to popularity contest? Funny thing is you type as though you have a survey backing up your points.

There are loads of people who aren't as rich as Aliko Dangote that are far more popular than he is. Popularity and being famous doesn't equal IMPACT.

Even Anini was popular at some point and history books still reminds us of him. cheesy

My point is IMPACT and i would reiterate the same point i made earlier. Both men are fulfilling different purposes and would be remembered for their contribution to humanity. There is no basis in comparing both of them. It's like Comparing Warren Buffet with Ben Carson.

If you still don't get it then you would have to wait till rapture so that Jesus can explain to you better. grin kiss kiss

I'm coming for you...

I need to sleep first. .

This is not over yet.

10am you will see my comment.
Good night!

1 Like

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by kinglekan: 2:55am On May 03, 2016
ireneony:
I'm coming for you...

I need to sleep first. .

This is not over yet.

10am you will see my comment.
Good night!

You too stubborn cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kukuma come my house make i know sey you mean me. grin grin

Have a lovely night. wink smiley kiss

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by jarkata(m): 6:18am On May 03, 2016
Going to polytechnic is not a crime since u can still further to acquire d degree, just have at least upper credit, then make sure u do ur siwes and a year I. T in a place u can gather more practical experience, don't mind d pay. This would give u upper edge above ur University counterparts during the interview as a fresh graduate. See nothing concern oyinbo man whether na HND or BSc all what he needs is d confident in u and ability u have to reason logically. Once u can scape through d interview sky is ur limit.
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by professorMD1: 7:13am On May 03, 2016
tosyne2much:
Whether you give 1000 reasons why university is rated above polytechnic, it's never an excuse for not attaining heights in life..

Hardwork and your mindset is the bedrock of success and not HND or Bsc... In fact, hunger will be your surname if you think Bsc is an automatic passport to getting rich... I have never regretted attending a polytechnic because I've got goals, dreams and visions in life.. When you don't have a map for your life people who aren't even worth talking to you will start giving you advice on how to live your life, hence, you start getting worked up over irrelevant topics like this.

Nothing is as important as making money in life.. Let me tell you something, a rich illiterate is more valuable than a broke PhD holder.. That's why a personality like Dangote, ranted amongst the richest men in the world is even much more valuable than Prof Wole Soyinka anytime any day. Forget Laureth nobel oooo, na English dictionary words people wan chop? The moment you get to see Dangote something intrudes your mind... I guess you should know that thing cheesy

We are in a country where the future of the youths lies in the hands of the ministers...

Person wey buy clothes from boutique go discriminate against person wey wear okrika;

Person we go OAU go claim superiority over person wey go OOU;

Person wey dey use Toyota Camry go claim superiority over person wey dey use Peaujout 504;

Person wey dey use Bold5 go discriminate person wey dey go Asha 501 ...

Person wey be nairaland supermod go dey claim superiority over ordinary members cheesy

Whaaaaat a country !!!!

lets not decieve ourselves, it is true that the school u attend, either poli or uni doesn't have anything to do with ur getting a job or success in life. however, it is also wise to note that politechnic educaction has some limitations such as promotion, prospect, furthering education and discrimination!
the general truth about it is how equipped is the student? for example, as a manager of software engineering firm. I will b so stupid to employ bsc that cannot program any software when hnd is available that can do it. it centres on the capability of the candidate. even though what I just said is true, my first paragraph can never b overlooked
God bless Nigeria, God bless FUTMinna. God bless Librarianship and ICT
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by vickylala239: 7:23am On May 03, 2016
LuckyLadolce:
On point. But let me correct vanguard as regard
CGPA 5.0 against 4.0. This is how it works... In some polytechnics like the one i graduated from, to get an A you need 75% over 100, while in uni, with 70 you have your A. This factor shld be considered if you have to compare CGPA between polytechnics and universities. I stand to be corrected.

Bro, I'm an HND holder, I've got a job many university graduates are craving for.. What about that? You can't force one thing in life and that's SUCCESS!

High places like where.. Mention those high places and i will mention to you more than enough poly grads who are there with their university counterparts. Great aspiration indeed. When you talk abt aspiration, it has to do with individual and so, it's not something you can attribute to university education. They're two different things. Infact, university graduates in our Society tends to relax alot because they feel they have an edge over polytechnic grads In the labour market thereby posing great challenges in the lives of poly grads. And this has over time made polytechnic grads more innovative and ensure they navigate through the hurdles in order to make life better for themselves and people around them.

For your information, i didn't struggle for any university admission even though oou gave me. I didn't even bother to go because my upbringing about life is quite different. My father said to me long ago that.. Son, whatever you find yourself doing, do it right and well.

Goodnite.

Guy am Nt condemning any of them......

Bt no father or mother will Hv the resources and tell their child to opt for poly rather than Uni.....

Yes poly is not bad,Uni is not bad.....Bt we are in Nigeria Uni is rated far higher....

Infact wen u hear graduate Wat comes in ppls mind is he or she finished university...

I went to a typical village to my greatest surprise nobdy knw want poly is.....they all believe as a coppa u Mst Hv finished uni... ..

During my ss3, There was a list circulating among us to right school of our choice.....to my greatest shock no one wrote poly.......doe some of dem,got admission into poly....

2 Mst ppl poly is their last hope......

Bt all this does not mean.....the end product matters......

Sorry if u Dnt undastnd mi,as I Dnt bliv in long write up.... and I Dnt obey punctuation on social media......

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Ephemmm: 7:31am On May 03, 2016
uthfaith:
majority of polytechnics lecturers are fucking bullshit. imaging lecturer collecting #50 from each student b4 they could write a test. FUCKING BULLSHIT. I won't mention names

Go to OOU, you go see the worst.
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Ephemmm: 7:46am On May 03, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Somewhere in your subconscious you were able to convince yourself that Wole Soyinka isn't recognised internationally @ moving the world. It's okay to defend your polytechnic, but don't drag Wole Soyinka into such facile and preposterous comparison.

We are talking of money-making here, and not superb grammatical construction.

Get it right.
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Nobody: 7:53am On May 03, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, I stand on my point... No matter how much we argue, the fact is that people need money more than new dictionary words... Like I said earlier, a billionaire who is an illiterate will definitely make waves more than anyone else

Abeg just try make small money and watch how your family members whom never knew from Adam will start seeing you as a god
@bolded bhuaahahahahahahaa true gringrin But that doesn't mean he's not influential in the international world in his own capacity.

By the way, I've never seen a billionaire who is an illiterate neither have I heard of any.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Mixty: 7:58am On May 03, 2016
Guy, accept your mistake and move on. Your initial write-up was good but you messed it up comparing two highly revered public figures.
You said money is all that matters. Are you saying all rich people in Naija are more respected than Wole Soyinka? It is better to keep shut when you make mistakes than trying to justify yourself.
tosyne2much:
Madam calm down... I'm a supporter of freedom of expression and I'm of the belief that we are wired to think differently, therefore, it's not a necessity that you nod your head in affirmation to my assertion or opinion.

*That being said*

I never said Wole Soyinka is not respected internationally but it's paramount to know that personality like Dangote, one of the richest men in the world, will definitely receive more respecr (na money we dey talk here ooooo, forget Laureth nobel or whatever).. What I'm trying to say is that, "money unarguably rules the world more than anything else" which you and I know

Bill Gates as well as Dangote is undoubtedly ranked the top richest men in the world and you will hear their names hundred of times (on social media) before you hear that of Prof Wole Soyinka

In a nutshell, money rules the world we are in

1 Like

Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by tosyne2much(m): 8:02am On May 03, 2016
kinglekan:

Bro, let's no deceive ourselves jawe... Don't ever think being poor is an option, and the truth of the matter is that you earn more respect from the society when you are extremely rich than when you're a scholar without a tangible source of income and I trust that that's the way it is in other countries.

Forget about all these Ben Car or Wole Soyinka you're mentioning.. Remember this is Nigeria.. Now tell me, if Dangote or Wole Soyinka invites you on a date, whose invitation would you honour? I trust you would pick that of Dangote over Wole Soyinka.. Why? When you're able to answer that question then you should know that Dangote is more valuable.

Money rules this world bro and it shouldn't be argued... May God bless us all
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by LuckyLadolce(m): 8:08am On May 03, 2016
[quote author=vickylala239 post=45263293][/quote] I understand you bro. You're very on point, i will not blame anybody not wanting to attend poly beacuse is being downgraded right from the onstart. Even the polytechnic authorities themselves makes me the matter worse. Let me not forget to appreciate your really good approach to issues. You are indeed one of those few uni grads who's got brain to handle such a very sensitive issue. Do enjoy the rest of your week. Onelove!
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by tosyne2much(m): 8:08am On May 03, 2016
Mixty:
Guy, accept your mistake and move on. Your initial write-up was good but you messed it up comparing two highly revered public figures.
You said money is all that matters. Are you saying all rich people in Naija are more respected than Wole Soyinka? It is better to keep shut when you make mistakes than trying to justify yourself.
Accept what mistake? Mind you, I never said all rich people are respected than Wole Soyinka, I only said, most often than not, richness commands more respect than anything else.
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by tosyne2much(m): 8:18am On May 03, 2016
iAmCharis:
@bolded bhuaahahahahahahaa true gringrin But that doesn't mean he's not influential in the international world in his own capacity.

By the way, I've never seen a billionaire who is an illiterate neither have I heard of any.
Of course he's also very influential in his own capacity.. Chris, it's like you don't know the respect people have for money... Though people only misinterpreted my comment due to their inability to reason properly

Now lemme ask you a question, which would you prefer to be life, to be ranked amongst the richest men in the world or a Laureth nobel? cheesy

Virtually every American would like to be as rich as Bill Gates while virtually every Nigerian would like to be as rich as Aliko Dangote. Even though being a Laureth Nobel also has its own preference in the world, what's the ration of people that would choose being a Nobel over being the richest man in the world.. My brother, I believe this illustration should have given you an insight of how valuable these men are

Which ever you choose, kindly tell me why
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by Theophinio(m): 8:23am On May 03, 2016
The country itself encourages disparity No sector of the country that isn't corrupt #AMOUT #PEACE
Re: Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD by tosyne2much(m): 8:30am On May 03, 2016
professorMD1:

lets not decieve ourselves, it is true that the school u attend, either poli or uni doesn't have anything to do with ur getting a job or success in life. however, it is also wise to note that politechnic educaction has some limitations such as promotion, prospect, furthering education and discrimination!
the general truth about it is how equipped is the student? for example, as a manager of software engineering firm. I will b so stupid to employ bsc that cannot program any software when hnd is available that can do it. it centres on the capability of the candidate. even though what I just said is true, my first paragraph can never b overlooked
God bless Nigeria, God bless FUTMinna. God bless Librarianship and ICT
I'm inclined to agree with you bro... Of course passing through polytechnic may have some limitations but I'm also of the belief that it's not an excuse for not doing exploits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

41 Real Facts To Know About Life To Help You In 2016 / 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning / Cornelius Adewale Wins The Bullitt Foundation Environmental Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.